IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am marrying a muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am marrying a muslim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 2:27pm

To Mohamed_H

" When We sent Lut, he said to his people, "What! do you commit the indecency which none in all the nations had committed before you? Look at you! You approach the men lustfully instead of approaching your women! No, you are a people who have exceeded the limits." The only answer of his people was that they said, 'Expel them from your city, surely they are a people who seek to keep themselves clean!" So We delivered him and his followers, except his wife; she was one of those who tarried behind. We sent upon them a rain (of stones and fire). So behold how was the end of the guilty people. (7:80-84)"

REGARDING THE PUNISHMENT OF THE PEOPLE OF LUT (DETAILS)

"So when Our punishment came upon the people of Lut, We turned the city upside down and showered them with stones of baked clay, one after another.(11:82)"

WHAT IS THE PUNISHMENT FOR HOMOSEXUALITY ACCORDING TO SHARIA?

In the Islamic legal system, homosexuality is a punishable crime against the laws of God. In the case of homosexuality between two males, the active partner is to be lashed a hundred times if he is unmarried and killed if he is married; whereas the passive partner is to be killed regardless of his marital status. In the case of two females (i.e., lesbianism), the sinners are to be lashed a hundred times if they are unmarried and stoned to death if they are married. (See the chapter on "hudud" in Sharaya and Sharh Lum'a also al-Khu'i, Takmilah, p. 42-44.

WHY SUCH HARSH PUNISHMENT?

Why is Islam so severe in matters of fornication, homosexuality and lesbianism? If the Islamic system had not allowed the gratification of the sexual urge by lawful means (without even associating guilt with it), then it would be right to say that Islam is very severe. But since (Islam) has allowed the fulfillment of sexual instincts by lawful means, it is not prepared to tolerate any perverted behavior.

May Allah (s.w.a.) punish all those who practice such behavior as he severly as he punished the people of Lut.

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
Mohamed_H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohamed_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 2:38am
whatever!
Tasneem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasneem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 4:10am

Assalam-alaikum Muhammed H

You bear a very good name yet why this attitude? What is the reason you are on this site? Obviously some part of you craves either knowledge of Islam or the company of Muslims. If that is the case open your heart and mind and seek true knowledge from the Qur'an and from people who are happy to respond to you.

hkrespect View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hkrespect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 5:42am

dear mohammed h

regarding hijab

was not and is it still not hot in makkah and madinah?

hk
Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 4:50am
Peace and Gods blessings

What is expected from a good muslim wife. Well the first requirement, and one there is no way around is that you are a monotheist. That you belive in God, and noone else. What name you call God by, is unimportant. God is bigger than a name.

Second, you should give out the same amount of respect as you recieve.

Its all about being who you are, and I hope the best for you and your comming husband. Are you thinking of converting? Because i am really sorry to say this. But if you are an observant roman catholic christian, you do not fall under the monotheist category.

Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 4:54am
Originally posted by stardust00 stardust00 wrote:

What is the difference between christianity and muslim

The difference between Islam and Christianity is larger than life. First we need to establish what Christianity and what Islam?
If its roman catholic, as said. they are not monotheists, so there is a huge difference. However some christians are, but then again, som muslims belive that prophet mohammad was the light of God (were have we heard this before?).

If you see a monotheist Christian and a muslim (all muslims are monotheists, nomatter their branch) and view them in behaviour. You would see little difference. Clothes? perhaps no or small differences.
You see anyone who wholeheartedly bond with God, will be affected by that choice in their behaviour and attitude. So im unsure what youre asking precisely?

Shams Zaman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2005 at 12:07pm

Dear brothers, sisters and Hussain

As Salam o alikum!

My views were not liked by Mr. Muhammad Hussain. Well dear Hussain you have all the right to disagree and if you have gone a little rude no problem I can understand that you are an emotional person. Well you may be partially right that I have not seen the world, in a sense that I have not visited any country outside Pakistan. But I have read a lot about different religions, cultures and people. So in that regard that I know nothing you are wrong.

Dear what I have written on the subject of Muslim men and women is exactly in accordance to Quran and Sunnah. First of all I would like to ask you that who told you that women have died due to wearing of veil? And how many of them? Could you please quote me the source? The viel is not the only way to cover the head there are other decent ways like Hijab or scarf etc.

Second, I fully agree that if men have the right to roam naked then women have also the right to be naked. But dear there is no concept of either men or women to roam naked. If men are roaming in such a way, well this may be due to ignorance or they may also disagree with the Islamic law or ethics as you disagree. The only difference between the men�s and women�s dress code is that men are told to cover their bodies and are recommended to cover their heads, while women are told to cover their bodies and head and are recommended to cover their face. However covering of face for women and head by men is optional as per my study of Islam.

In our lives we are conferred upon with three things by Allah:-

Compulsions, Choices and Limitations.

A few compulsions about which we can�t do any thing are, Parents, birth, death, body, and physical needs(like water, food etc.) etc. Like we can�t choose our parents, place and date of birth of how and when we are going to die. But we can choose our religion, our dress, friends, enemies and which food to eat or not.

There are numerous limitations on us as well. Like we can�t live independent of all we have to live in a society with a set of rules and law, we can not live without the concept of God or a divine force, (this can be well explained by the atheist that he has to associate him or her to some kind of source that may be nature or science or his/her own ideal).

So if you don�t agree with the principles of Islam or the God�s manifesto it is your choice. And why is it your choice because God has given it to you.

�There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from the falsehood; therefore, whoever disbelieves in the Satan and believes in Allah he indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which will not break off, and indeed Allah is all Hearing, Knowing�. (sura Baqra-2, verse 256).

So if you don�t agree you have the right to do so because you have been given the choice by Allah but on the other hand if you don�t agree to any of the clause of American constitution you can�t act against it. Why because you don�t have the liberty to act against it. Similarly you can�t command your body, like you can�t tell your heart to stop pumping, or you can�t tell your face to stop growing the beard or you can�t tell your ears to see as well because why? Because you haven�t been given this choice by Allah.

But if you disagree with Allah�s instructions then probably you are trying to prove yourself wiser than God which is totally unacceptable and all these individuals will be severely punished in the hereafter. But then there will be neither any opportunity to repent or reverse back the events. So it�s all up to us either we choose to surrender in this life and reap the benefits of the eternal life or we choose this life and reap the hell fire in the eternal life.

Shams Zaman

Pakistan.       

saalih View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 2:31pm

if you really think about it the men in mecca and medina also wear a different kind of veil,  it's white and have red scarf on their head ( i don't now the names of this kind of dresses in english or arabic). it's the sunnah to wear the white dresses. it's also forbidden that man shave thier beards. some actions might make you a kaffir.

allah knows best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic