IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am marrying a muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am marrying a muslim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardust00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am marrying a muslim
    Posted: 10 June 2005 at 8:37am
What is the difference between christianity and muslim and what is expected of a good muslim wife?
Ali Zaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 8:58am

Peace to you stardust00,

You have asked two BIG questions.

" What is the difference between christianity and muslim"

A NOVEL (Fiction) about a Christian women (named Sarah) who marries a Muslim man. It is written in a literary (non-academic) style, however, will address many of your questions.

http://al-islam.org/bintalhuda/insearchoftruth/

AN INTERFAITH DIALOGUE. An exchange of letters that took place between the Muslim scholar, Imam Mohamad Jawad Chirri, and Dr. Wilson H. Guertin

http://al-islam.org/inquiries/

ISLAM IN THE BIBLE, by Thomas McElwain. It discusses the similarities between the two faiths, and the common principles of faith between Islam and Christianity.

http://al-islam.org/islaminthebible/index.htm

" what is expected of a good muslim wife?"

THE ISLAMIC FAMILY STRUCTURE. a VERY COMPREHENSIVE guide to the subject which includes a comprehensive exploration of Islamic Family issues indexed by subject.

http://www.rafed.net/books/other-lang/family/index.html

I hope this helps. I'm sure others will post more on this.

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
Mohamed_H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohamed_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2005 at 2:46am

Are you a man or a woman, because in the Hadith, it is written that a man can marry a woen of any cast creed color or religion, but a woman is forbidden to marry anyone but a muslim, this is because of the children produced in the marriage, they must be muslim, and can only be muslim if the father is muslim, so yoiu need to consider this, will ur foriegn faithed fiance want the children to be muslim? this is the important factor, of course times have changed, but you need to think, do you want to carry on islam, or break the chain?

Ali Zaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2005 at 8:58am

Salam to Mohamed_H

You wrote;

Are you a man or a woman?

She wrote;

what is expected of a good muslim wife?

Based on that, I assume she is a women.

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
Mohamed_H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohamed_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 12:09pm
salaam, mr ali zaki, can i just add, that if any of the harbhajans say anything ignore them, they are nothing but fakes, firstly what is a sikh doin on islami city? we should sign a petition to ban these harbhajan's they are a adisgarcing our religion
Shams Zaman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 1:31pm

Salam to all

Muslim means one who submits his will to Allah (God) and obeys in in all respect. He/she has to believe in certain things like One God, God's Messangers and divine revalations, angels and that God has command over all things. Muslim has to offer 5 prayers daily, keep fast in month of Ramadan, pay cherity (Zakat) and perform Haj in Makkah if capable.

There is not much of a difference between rituals and duties of man and women in Islam. Women is prefered at Home and man is to earn the living of the family. However this is not a hard and fast rule and a women can take part in outdoor activities under certain conditions that she should be dressed under Islamic code and must not attract others except for her husband. A man has also to follow certain conditions in the outdoor that he will lower his gaze and will not attract women.

A wife is suppose to obey Allah and to listen to his husband and take care of his home (which also happens to be her home). She must not obey his husband if it is against the teachings of Quran and Sunnah (sayings of Prophet Muhammad pubh).

Women is not allowed to marry anyother man except for a Muslim. Similarly a muslim man is only permitted to marry the women which belong to the people of the book (Jews and Christans) who do not associate partners with God. In the present times no people of the book follow the rule and they associate partners with God and thus are ineligible for marrige.

A Christian is the one who believe in Jesus as the son of god, that man is born as sinful due to the fault of Adam which he committed in Heavens and Jesus was crusicified for our sins. And that we will achieve salvations merely by believing that Jesus was son of god and he died for our salvation, regardless of our deeds.

According to Islam everyone is responsible for his own deeds and none will carry the burden of other. And that man is born free of sin.

Shams Zaman

Pakistan.

ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 8:20pm
shams zaman i think you said it all.
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
Mohamed_H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohamed_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 1:25am

luk you samaan, i dont agree, just because you live in smelly pakistan the same rules dont apply, so what a woman musnt scorch in a hot country wearing a black veil, do you know women die from this? you are very sexist this is sinful! i beleive in equality, if a man is allowed tro walk naked so is a women! i am sorry if i am rude, but yoiu know nothing you havent seen the world youve only seem pakistan whuich is why you are so narrow minded!

that was thought for the day by Mohamed hussain-New York

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic