IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Uniting as ONE in Islam and no sects  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uniting as ONE in Islam and no sects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uniting as ONE in Islam and no sects
    Posted: 06 January 2008 at 5:06pm

As-Salaamu Alakum                                                                          

Al-Imran 3:106- And be not like those who became divided and disagreed among themselves after clear proofs had come to them. And it is they for whom there shall be a great punishment.

The Quran is a perfect book. It is a book of guidance. Together this mean that the guidance one receives from the Quran is perfect and an individual do not need to go beyond the scope of the teachings of Quran to receive guidance. While I stand beyond the previous stated opinion, I will strongly state that one can still find guidance through other facets, by attending mosque and turning to  close Muslim friends and family members for example. But to support my opinion further, all sources of correct guidance needs to have a direct link to the Quran.

If the glorious Quran states that we should not be separated or divided why do so many Muslims choose to follow a particular Islamic sect? There are numerous sects in Islam, for example there are:

Ahmediyyah, Nation of Islam, Ansaru Allah, Moors, Suni, Warith-deen, Bahaullah, Shi�tes, Baatiniyyah, Boharas, Dawoodi Boharas, Nusavris, Salifis,  Durze, Agakhaani, Jamaat-e-Islami, Sufism,  Deobandism, Tableegi-Jamaat, and countless others. Some sects I named are very popular and mainstream while others aren�t, but regardless of their popularity a sect leads to us as Muslims dividing ourselves.

The time has come that all Muslims join together and stop the separations. I do not want to witness the wars and battles that are taking place because we as Muslims refuse to simple unite as one. 

I am an individual that submits completely to my Lord, and is totally blessed to be able to receive the perfect guidance that the glorious Quran provides to me.

I am a Muslim.

I am a Muslim because this is what the Quran taught me to be.

I do not belong to any sect.

I do what is right not because a sect says it�s right but because the Quran and valid hadiths say they are right.

Al-Hajj 22:79- And strive in the cause of Allah at it behoves you to strive for it. He has chosen you, and has laid no hardship upon you in religion; so follow the faith of your father Abraham; He named you Muslims both before and in the Book, so that the Messenger may be a witness over you, and that you may be witness over mankind. Therefore observe Prayer and pay the Zakat and hold fast to Allah. He is your Master. An excellent Master and an excellent Helper!

Brothers and Sisters! Why can we not all unite as one?

Are you willing to let go of any title you may hold, and simply be known as a Muslim?

Am I wrong to feel that this is what Allah (swt) commanded for me and my fellow sisters and brothers?

Please look deeply into your heart and answer these questions.

Salaam

Your sister Layalee

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 6:39pm

Thanks Layalee, Good intentions. Accoeding to you, any one who calls himself Muslim is a Muslim. But can you get friends to agree to that? This Unity is always the subject of the Khutbah at Hajj. Has the Imam e Hajj been able to unit the Muslims?? Answer is NO.

Can you tell why he could not unite them? You please tell me one good reason why he was not successful in bringing about unity amongst Muslims. I will then get back to you soon, Insha Allah.

layalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 8:54pm

As salaamu Alakum Brother ( minuteman)

The Imams during Hajj try hard in the preaching during Hajj and other times to bring together the unity of all Muslims. Do they reach their over all goal in the Khutbah? In a sense I will have to agree they don't. This is obvious by what we see in the world of Muslims that choose to separate themselves; the disagreements that tear up families, causes confusion and interfere with the true message of Islam.

Why does the message of unity in the Khutbah fail to be reached?

Well I think it's our own responsibility to gain the knowledge and wisdom which is in the message and to bring it into action. The imam presented the message now it is up to us to follow it. If we chose as a whole to not follow the message then we are the ones that will have to face the consequences.

But I want to have faith that the message during Hajj still reach individuals. That their are Muslims that return home after hajj and still hold the message of the Khutbah in their heart and try to form ways to bring a plan of unity in action.

I will rather stand up for what I believe in and hold strong in my belief then fall victim to my fears that I wil not be accepted by my fellow Muslim friends,family, and associates, if I do not join a sect that they follow. I feel that all Muslims need to overcome this fear and join in unity. Unity can not be achieve if we continue to be separated.

In response to a comment you made earlier about what I feel a Muslim is-- 'Accoeding to you, any one who calls himself Muslim is a Muslim'

Well, No that's not how I feel. Being a muslim is more then simply calling ourselves Muslims. We have to also follow a particular action to be true Muslims.

Al-Imran3:111 You are the best people raised for the good of mankind; you enjoin what is good and forbid what is evil and believe in Allah. And if the People of the Book had believed, it would have surely been better for them. Some of them are believers, but most of them are disobedient.

Salaam

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 1:20pm

Yes, good post Layalee. About the Imam Khutbah Hajj, the reason is that the message of the Imam is not good, not complete. It lacks some important item.

About my saying that any one calling himself a Muslim is a muslim though for the namesake. That is correct. What you said is correct about a real Muslim in the true sense of the word. Thanks.

Now my question to you is: What is lacking in the message (Khutbah) of Hajj?? Can you point out that please??

layalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 8:11pm
Brother( minuteman) I must admit I was not able to find a copy of the Khutbah that was stated in the 2007 Hajj so that I may read it. Do you know of a link that may be able to provide a English translation?
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by layalee layalee wrote:

Well, No that's not how I feel. Being a muslim is more then simply calling ourselves Muslims. We have to also follow a particular action to be true Muslims.

What is the precise means to distinguish a true Muslim from a Muslim who follows a sect.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
layalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

What is the precise means to distinguish a true Muslim from a Muslim who follows a sect.

I don't want to come off as saying that one is not a true Muslim if they follow a sect. But the quran provides clear verses on why we should not separate ourselves, and following and claiming a sect clearly causes separation. If one begin to realize this knowledge that the Quran has presented then it is up to that individual if they want to continue claiming to a sect. Allah(swt) will make the final decision on the matter of that individual in the end.

Edited by layalee
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 9:20pm

Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

I don't want to come off as saying that one is not a true Muslim if they follow a sect. But the quran provides clear verses on why we should not separate ourselves, and following and claiming a sect clearly causes separation. If one begin to realize this knowledge that the Quran has presented then it is up to that individual if they want to continue claiming to a sect. Allah(swt) will make the final decision on the matter of that individual in the end.

Forgive me for delving further but I feel that you are doing some question begging. Would you be so kind as to clarify what constitues a sect.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic