IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Uniting as ONE in Islam and no sects  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uniting as ONE in Islam and no sects

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 5:55am

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

So the Muslims decided on a simple name who by its meaning people understood what they where following, SUNNI meaning a Muslim who follows the sunnah.

As I understand it, sunnah means "the way" or "path of" for Muhammad's example/actions to follow. Don't shia's also follow Muhammad? I know they have a few differences.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
layalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 6:14am

salaam brother( minuteman)

Developing unity may be a challenge, but  I hope I live to see it before Allah(swt) take my breath away. Insha'Allah.

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 7:54pm

Yes god wishes are well worth it. You will be rewarded. The Hadith number one is described by Hazrat Umar r.a. It states "Actions depend on intentions." You have good intentions. So be it good for you.

Since nobody has come up with any suggestion or nobody has taken any interest in the matter of the Unity of the Ummah, nobody has suggested any basis for unity, may I suggest that the Unity should be on the Kalimah Shahadah. All those who utter (believe) the kalimah are Muslims. Kalimah should be the base of Unity. Let us work on that for some time until some more suggestions come in favor or against it. Thanks.

Edited by minuteman
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 1:47am
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

Thank you for the wisdom you have provided. Especially infomation on the hadith that provides the promise that Allah(swt) will unite our hearts as one.

Ive posted the hadith on the forum as part of a larger collection, From memory i think it was part of Imam Suyuti's book on the mahdi.

Developing unity may be a challenge, but  I hope I live to see it before Allah(swt) take my breath away. Insha'Allah.

Unity wont be achieved by hegemony, "there is no compulsion in religion". not once in the entire history of man has there ever existed a society in which every single individual thought and believed exactly the same as every other individual this is not Unity.

But many people from there own words [realising it or not] aim for such a thing when they speek about unity, not even in the time of the prophet [sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam] did such a thing exist the shabah did not agree on many things, they had Unity and there hearts where one but as allah explains some people are given knowledge and understanding while others are not and you have people of varying degrees of intellect as well as simple human nature which is not perfect.

so i dont think its about muslims all having the same laws and beliefs but about the Quality of a person, a person who has high moral values regardless which group they belong to will display qualities such as sabr, he will be free from things such as calumny and backbiting. When people who display such qualities increase you will see acceptance of differences and tolerance for others then people will start to work together, this is the real Unity.

Go back to the time of the prophet and you will see this is the unity they had, the sahabah each had there own level of understanding about the religion and disagreed and argued but they where closer to each other than real family.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
layalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 7:27am
Rami your post is greatly appreciated.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 7:48pm

Why does it really matter?

In Christianity most of us have come to understand that the different denominations hold the same basic believes, we just celebrate them differently.

I believe that GOD loves diversity.  Look at all the different types of people, flowers, animals, etc. HE made.

Isn't the goal of Islam to be world-wide?

Edited by believer
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
poga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 3:55am

From the sectarian part of the reptilian brain
Reveals BARZAKH reality of poison and pain
So pay heed oh BE AQL and listen to history of tear
It is the story of snakes and scorpion i beg you to hear
It begun with crying fish as they migrated upon amphibian path
Toward the killing fields of the reptilian aftermath
Theirs anger for deportation brought about violence in new found land
By Indian arms and American hand

from SWEETSWORDS 100 [ Nag Panchami ]

Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 6:21am
This is all that I can say about SECTS in Islam...

Allah Said in the Quran:

�Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects) , you (O Muhammad) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with All�h, Who then will tell them what they used to do. � Quran 6:159

�..and be not of A-l�Mushrik�n of those who split up their religion (i.e. who left the true Isl�mic Monotheism), and became sects, [i.e. they invented new things in the religion (Bid'ah), and followed their vain desires], each sect rejoicing in that which is with it. � Quran 30:31-32

The Prophet said:

�My followers will be split up into seventy-three sects; all of them will go to Hell except one.� Someone asked:�Who are they, O Allah�s Messenger?� He (pbuh) replied:�Those are the people who will follow my way and my Companions way.� (Bukhari and Muslim)

"I am leaving two things among you, and if you cling to them firmly you will never go astray; one is the Book of Allah and the other is my way of life." (Farewell Pilgrimage: Muatta)

We can take a clue from those above basis, which way to go....GOOD LUCK

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
  Share Topic