IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THOSE THAT WILL ENTER JANNAH  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THOSE THAT WILL ENTER JANNAH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azaleah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THOSE THAT WILL ENTER JANNAH
    Posted: 30 December 2007 at 9:05pm

The first group of this ummah who will enter Paradise will be those who were pre-eminent in their imaan, taqwaa, righteous deeds and adherence to the true religion. They will enter Paradise in one rank: the first of them will not enter until the last of them enters, and they will be as beautiful as the full moon

Al-Bukhaari reports from Abu Hurayrah (ra) that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said:

"The first group to enter Paradise will be as beautiful as the full moon. They will not spit, blow their noses or excrete. Their vessels will be fo gold, their combs of gold and silver, their incense o aloe, and their sweat of musk. Each of them will have two wives, the marrow of whose leg-bones will be visible through their flesh because of their extreme beauty. There will be no differences or hatred among them (the people of Paradise); their hearts will be as one, and they will glorify Allah (swt) morning and evening". (Kitaab Bid' al-Khalq, Baab Ma Jaa' fi Sifaat al-Jannah, Fath al-Baari, 6/318; Muslim, at-Tirmidhi)

It is true that with each one of these seventy, Allah (swt) will give His Prophet seventy thousand. Ahmad reports with a saheeh isnaad from Abu Bakr (ra) that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said:

Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, and Ibn Hibbaan report with a saheeh isnaad from Abu Umaamah that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said, "My Rabb promised me that seventy thousand of my ummah would enter Paradise without being called to account and without being punished, and with each one will be seventy thousand, and three handfuls of people picked up by my Rabb [ i.e. it will be a great number]". (Saheeh al-Jaami' 6/108, no. 2988).

The Prophet (saw) described the characteristics of these seventy thousand

al-Bukhaari reports from Ibn 'Abbaas that the Prophet (saw) said, "I was shown the nations, and I saw a Prophet pass by with a group of his people, and another with a band of his people, another with only ten, another with five, and another on his own (with no followers). Then I looked and saw a large crowd of people. I asked, "O Jibreel, are these my ummah?" He said, "No, but look at the horizon." So I looked, and saw a huge multitude of people. Jibreel said, "These are your ummah, and those seventy thousand in front will not be called to account or punished." I asked, "Why?" He said, "They did not treat themselves with branding (cauterisation) or with ruqyaa (charms) and they did not see evil omens in things ( i.e they were not superstitious) : they put their trust only in their Rabb"". 'Ukaasha ibn Mihsan stood up and said, "Pray to Allah (swt) to make me one of them". The Prophet (saw) said, "O Allah (swt) make him one of them". Then another man stood up and said, "Ask Allah (swt) to make me one of them". The Prophet (saw) said, 'Ukaasha has preceded you". (Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Kitaab ar-Riqaaq, Baab Yadhkul al-Jannah Sab'un Alfan bi Ghayri Hisaab, Fath al-Baari, 11/405) 

These may be the ones whom Allah (swt) has called al-Muqarraboon (those nearest to Allah swt):

"And those foremost [in faith] will be foremost [in the Hereafter]. These will be those nearest to Allah [al-Muqarraboon] , in the Gardens of Bliss". (56:10-12)

More of them will come from the early generations than from the later generations:

"A multitude of those [foremost] will be from the first generations [who embraced Islaam], and a few of those [foremost] will be from the later generations". (56:13-14)

Leah
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 11:01pm

"Each of them will have two wives,"

Are the women supposed to be happy about this?  How could a woman look forward to going to Jannah if they must share a man.  I prefer my husband and I be together.  This would be heaven, not having to share him.

Anyway, I often become concerned about things reported by Abu Harayrah since he often said things not in favor of women, but certainly pleasing to some men. 

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 12:24am

Sister Salaams_Wife,

Sorry I am a bit skeptical of some Hadith reports myself.

I often find myself thinking how can something nearest to God can be described? I'm sure with revelation and superior knowledge about human comprehension such is possible and I believe prophet Muhammad attained such a knowledge. However, ornaments of gold, seeing the marrow of one's bones these things remain unclear to me as to exactly what this means in spiritual terms.

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 3:51am

I found this particular topic very interesting. And brings to mind a whole host of questions.  Some of which we wont fully understand during this life time.

Salams_wife picked up on the point regarding the 'two wives'.

Are the women supposed to be happy about this?  How could a woman look forward to going to Jannah if they must share a man.  I prefer my husband and I be together.  This would be heaven, not having to share him.

Anyway, I often become concerned about things reported by Abu Harayrah since he often said things not in favor of women, but certainly pleasing to some men. 

Now I dont have any good answer other than my opinion, and it will promote further converstation I expect.

In Islam we should recognise and accept that a man in this life is permitted to have up to 4 wives, if in a position to be able to support them all equally. Most of the time it is not considered necessary these days, tho' in days gone by it was necessary when men died at war for example and widows were left uncared for. So this I think is safe to assume. And logical too.

To some extent the next life applies there also. It is possible that a marriage on earth is not complete in Heaven because one of the marriage partners has failed to comply well enough to grant him life with his partner in Heaven. In this instance there could be 'extra' worthy women in Heaven needing a husband. And we know that Allah does not like women to be alone. But I'm wondering if during  the existence of the world that there is sufficient evidence to suggest that there are more women born than men in the first place. To know that we would need to examine statistics.  So in Allahs plan it would be necessary for plural marriage both here and in Heaven. If this is the case then men can see that my opinion does not mean that men are less worthy than women.

Also I think love has a different meaning in Heaven, not the one we associate here on earth. Salams_wife pointed out that sharing her husband is not for her. And understanding this is not something most wives can do. But I think it is different after we die. And all will then become clear. I dont believe that having two wives is favouring the man and giving him a reward. I see it that it is necessary for every wife to have a husband in Heaven. Only that. It would not be fair to any worthy woman to be denied a husband would it?

I think in answer to Israfils point about seeing the marrow of ones bones, is more that it is trying to explain that man/woman in Heaven has become something far more beautiful than any human form here. As human beings we all have some blemish or imperfection. So I dont see that we will have these after this life. The ornaments of gold and so on could just be trying to help us understand the beauty of Heaven. As Jesus taught in parables so that the people of His time could understand the teachings, so might the Prophet(pbuH) explain it this way.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Azaleah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azaleah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 5:10am
Mashallah Sister MArtha, that is right.

To add more, in Jannah, Allah will give us so much satisfaction that we will not think about the pain of sharing. And besides, jealousy and envy is from the whispering of Satan.

I have read in a boork "Paradise and Hell" by Umar S. Asghar that women in this world are way too fairer and beautiful than the Houris. The reason is, they got their status through their piety while the Houris were created by Allah to serve men/women in Jannah. Your wife in this world is your queen in the hereafter..

The Prophet once said that:
The lowest in rank among the dwellers of Jannah will have ten times the like of this world! (Sahih Muslim No. 186, Bukhari No. 6571)

And she or he will have whatever he or she desires and ten times like it (Sahih Muslim No. 188, Bukhari No. 10832)

A space in the Jannah equivalent to the size of a foot would be better than the world and what is in it. (Bukhari No. 6568, Mosnad Ahmad No. 13368)

If you enter Jannah, you will live a very happy life without sickness, pain, sadness, jealousy, envy or death. You can wish your heart desire,  and be there eternally. Mashallah!

Edited by Azaleah
Leah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 10:07am

All of you have your points.  I agree that there should be no jealousy in heaven or other negative emotions that we have here in this dunya.

I think my problem is I don't view heaven in the exact way described.  In my own way, I am a humble person.  I don't wish for great riches in this life.  I don't wish for them after death either.  What good does gold, jewels, fine combs and all of that do for me in death? 

For me heaven is different.  I dream of a place that has peace.  A place I can be with those I loved in this life.  Just a place that is comfortable, it does not have to be grand for me.  Someplace where we don't feel hunger or thirst or other needs we face here.  That is heaven to me, peacefulness and happiness.

Sometimes I think many people need to hear these grand descriptions of heaven to give them incentive to do right in this life.  Perhaps that is what Allah meant to do (though I cannot know).  Honestly I don't need all of those grand things to do the right thing, to obey the will of Allah.  Perhaps it is because I am more simple in my wants.  This is why I have such a hard time with these descriptions given.  Thanks to all of you for your input.  It leaves me a lot to think about.

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 10:59am

Dear Salams_wife,

Sister, the description of Heaven is probably only a comparison to earth. Like I said ,it most likely has been presented this way so we can understand that Heaven is a beautiful place. It doesnt mean there is gold there. And it doesnt matter at this moment in time.The main thing is to get there isnt it

Understanding the 2 wives bit. Dont worry about it if it isnt something you can comprehend. Maybe you will in the future.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 12:02pm

I was trying to think of this from another perspective.  Trying to think of why it bothered me so much to think of a man wanting or needing two wives.  Then it came to me that I feel pity for those men.  If a man feels the need for more than one wife then it means he did not find the one who meets all his needs.  It means he did not find that all encompassing love that makes one want no one else now or in the afterlife.  It is so sad they feel the need for this incentive when if they found just the one woman that could make them feel complete, it would be better than a thousand wives.

Every day when I pray I thank God that he gave me a husband that wants no one else.  When I brought this subject up to my husband he said some men feel the need for this incentive to do good in their lives.  Yet my husband said he would reject any woman but me in heaven.  I take comfort in this, as God knew my heart could not handle sharing.

There is a need for multiple wives on this earth if there is war or other such problems.  In this I agree.  A man who takes another wife because she might not otherwise have a chance to marry is a good man so long as he treats his wives fairly.  That was the point.  Men should only have more than one wife if there is need, that he can provide equally for more than one wife, and that he treats them equally.  In heaven there will not be the troubles of this earth and generally all population statistics show men and women are born at nearly the same rate.  There is certainly not twice as many women. 

I believe I will pray for the men out there that want extra wives.  I will pray for them to find the one wife who will make him so happy he will never look to another woman.  In my heart, this is what I feel is right.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic