IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does God Exist ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDoes God Exist ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 9:52am
Hi Mr. Kim!!!!!!

You are entirely wrong, "Of COURSE, every religion is going to tell you their is the Right One. What ELSE are they going to say? "Oh yes, well our religion's quite nice, you know, but actually, there's one or 2 that are actually better than ours. But stick with us 'cos we do better Lamington Drives and we let people eat seafood every third Friday during months with an "j" in them...""

No ASEAN religion says that it is the only "Right One".

Judaism, Christianity and Islaam were born at nearly the same place. But one does not agree with the other.

But the ASEAN religions like Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, Shintoism etc never say that they are the "Right One" but they live together in harmony.

In fact, Buddhism was born in heartland of Hinduism with no opposition, Buddhism was welcomed by Taoism and Shintoism creating Chinese Buddhism and Japanese Buddhism respectively.

This is the reason there are no religion based disturbances in the ASEAN.

This is the reason you will not find Moslem or Christian majority in ASEAN.

Varshaken, the Samurai.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 9:59am

Originally posted by varshaken varshaken wrote:

Hi Dr. Syed Alwi!!!!!!!!!

WELL SAID...................:)

"What I mean is - don't take your religion too seriously as being the only true religion - the absolute truth. Be open minded. There are other religions besides Islam too. Religion is faith and not fact. Nothing wrong with faith - but it must be coupled with moderation and maturity. There should be a degree of scepticism which should come along with faith - to balance it. Otherwise what you get is simply short-sighted bigotry. Intolerance. In South East Asia we have to deal with a multi-religious society. That is why we have no Islamic States. .......... At the end of the day - a multi-religious society can stand tall because it is based on Universal values such as the Ten Commandments etc which ALL religions share. No one religion is more special than the others."

THIS IS THE TRUTH.

Excepting Indonesia, Bangladesh and Malaysia no country in the entire ASEAN has considerable Moslem population.

Hats off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Varshaken, the Samurai.

Ah, my brother Varshaken. So, are you skeptic as what you believe? Do you keep your doubts with you when you meditate? and then you still believe that this meditation of yours would bring fruit to your efforts? I don't know about others, but for me, I can't be in an in-between state. Rest God knows the best.

varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 10:01am
Hi Mr. AhmadJoyia!!!!!!!!!

Good question to Dr. Syed Alwi, "But my question is have you ever studied other religions to assert about them or its your general feeling through your observation?"

But I ask you the same question. Did you ever study other religions to be so confident that Islaam is the "True Religion"?

Every baby baby born in a Moslem minority country is taught from childhood that Islaam is a militant religion. Its better to change this attitude of the non-moslems first and then preach the True Religion. No offence met.

Thanking you,

Varshaken, the Samurai.
varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 10:21am
Hi Mr. AhmadJoyia!!!

Good question,"So, are you skeptic as what you believe?" Yes, I was sceptic when I first started believing. I became a believer through overcoming that scepticism. I had been saying to you,"Faith, by its very nature, is devoid of logic and reason." So scepticism is a must to balance faith. Why? Because in order to stop faith becoming into fanaticism.:)

Not a good question," Do you keep your doubts with you when you meditate?"

Meditation is not praying. It does not depend on faith or belief. When one meditates one should not have any thoughts. What we do in meditation is that stopping the thought process. So as you see there are no thoughts, not even good thoughts when you meditate, so no doubts or anything.:)

Irrelevant question,"and then you still believe that this meditation of yours would bring fruit to your efforts?"
What fruit are you talking about? Do you mean to say that you pray to God only because you want to go to Heaven? We dont ask anything or dont expect anything when we meditate. I dont love my parents because they give me what I want, I love them because I love them, no reason or purpose for loving them. Similarly I dont love God because He sends me to Heaven when I love Him and obey Him, but I love because of love's sake.

Good premise," I don't know about others, but for me, I can't be in an in-between state."
But Dr. Syed Alwi is not asking you to doubt what you believe, but through belief cross the ocean of doubt.

Allaah knows best.

Varshaken, the Samurai.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 10:29am

Hi Mr. AhmadJoyia!!!!!!!!!

Good question to Dr. Syed Alwi, "But my question is have you ever studied other religions to assert about them or its your general feeling through your observation?"

But I ask you the same question. Did you ever study other religions to be so confident that Islaam is the "True Religion"?

Every baby baby born in a Moslem minority country is taught from childhood that Islaam is a militant religion. Its better to change this attitude of the non-moslems first and then preach the True Religion. No offence met.

Thanking you,

Varshaken, the Samurai.

Probably you didn't read the whole post where I did talk about my interfaith studies. Read again, if not yet. Anyhow, why do you blame muslims for the actions of non-muslims teaching their children against others. Isn't it itself Intolerance. Ofcourse I can't change others attitude towards Islam other than what ever I am trying to do now. Rest Allah knows the best how much successfull I am.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 12:09pm

Hi Mr. AhmadJoyia!!!

Good question,"So, are you skeptic as what you believe?" Yes, I was sceptic when I first started believing. I became a believer through overcoming that scepticism.

But Dr. Alwi (and as I see you agreeing to him) still wants you to remain skeptic and not to overcome it. The struggle that you did in the past was futile. According to him, you must retain some of skeptism to have a "pinch of salt".

I had been saying to you,"Faith, by its very nature, is devoid of logic and reason." So scepticism is a must to balance faith. Why? Because in order to stop faith becoming into fanaticism.:)

That is a fallacy. A negation to faith. Skeptism is "Opposite" of faith.  Its not the skeptism that balances out to stop fanaticism but knowledge with wisdom.

Not a good question," Do you keep your doubts with you when you meditate?"

Meditation is not praying. It does not depend on faith or belief. When one meditates one should not have any thoughts. What we do in meditation is that stopping the thought process. So as you see there are no thoughts, not even good thoughts when you meditate, so no doubts or anything.:)

So you bring your mind to idle? Haven't you heard of "An idle brain is the devil's workshop". Hmm!! That must be the reason.  

Good premise," I don't know about others, but for me, I can't be in an in-between state."
But Dr. Syed Alwi is not asking you to doubt what you believe, but through belief cross the ocean of doubt.

I may be wrong, but I think he has not said this nor even meant this. Kindly read again what he has said or ask him to clarify. He says or atleast he means to say that one should not cross the ocean of doubt with belief but to keep some of it to avoid going into extremes.

Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 4:18pm

Dear varshaken and Ahmad Joyia,

Buddhism for example - is very popular in ASEAN. It takes a rather different view from the Abrahamic faiths. In Islam - faith is of paramount importance. Wa kalu sami'na wa ata'na. We hear and we obey. No questioning. No doubts etc. Your job is to obey God and the Messenger. BUT Buddhism is NOT like that. Perhaps Ahmad Joyia - to convince you that another dimension to the issue of religion - not available in Islam - exists - is to get you to stay in ASEAN for several years. Then you will see what multi-religious society entails. There is no need for domination. No Dhimmis. No Islamic State. As for doubts and beliefs and scepticism, I think everyone ought to keep some doubt in his heart so that UNQUESTIONING FAITH is NOT ABUSED to become fanaticism and intolerance. After all - in today's world - Islam faces a major problem with fanaticism and intolerance. Absolute faith is easily manipulated by unscrupulous people into a political tool.

varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 8:42pm
Hi Mr. AhmadJoyia!!!!!!!!

I was saying the same thing. I asked you what amount did you study to conclude that others are not religions.

No two people can explain Koran identically. No two people will have the same line of thinking. This is also true regarding you and me. I see that Dr.Syed Alwi is liberal.

Regarding "intolerance" of ASEAN nations, not one day is passed without reading about Moslems killing someone by bombing etc. So what will anyone generally infer? They definitely think that most of the Moslems may be intolerant against other human beings.

Just look at you, you always call me "brother", I wonder whether brother is a word or you really feel I am your brother.

Varshaken, the Samurai.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
  Share Topic