IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does God Exist ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDoes God Exist ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dr Syed Alwi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does God Exist ?
    Posted: 18 June 2005 at 10:18pm
Missionary here is meant as in Christian missionary. Political Islam is not my invention. Its a dangerous and menacing force which we in ASEAN must counter. If you have no idea of the South East Asian region - please spare us your self-righteousness. When are they going to cancel my membership ? I do not want to be associated with IslamiCity.

Edited by Dr Syed Alwi
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Dr Syed Alwi Dr Syed Alwi wrote:

I am not a missionary nor would I do something as foolish as what you suggest. I am here to show you that religion is a matter of faith. Therefore it should NOT be politicised. Say no to Political Islam now !

Oh, so you too have a mission; but yet you are not a missionary!! Isn't it a strange view? Other than that, I think the term "Political Islam" is your own contrived term out of your shear hysterical reaction to some extremists, you can't generalize it. Only wise people know the difference, and I believe, you are one of them.

Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 11:39pm

I am not a missionary nor would I do something as foolish as what you suggest. I am here to show you that religion is a matter of faith. Therefore it should NOT be politicised. Say no to Political Islam now !

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 9:31pm

Chris said:

"But I think in all honesty, if we saw God in his full glory we would all drop to our knees and we wouldn't be arrogant enough to pass it off as Magic. We would all know it was God just by his sheer power, intelligence and awe!"

That is pure assumption and quite subjective because who knows the experience maybe different maybe we might feel awe but at the end of the day we might not feel that way.

Mr. Alwi apparently you are constantly asking me to prove God's existence I think about now I assume you are nothing more than a) a missionary or b) a person who dislikes Islam and wants to disprove its validity

Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 6:32pm

Dear Israfil,

You cannot use the Quran to prove God's existence ! Of course the Quran will claim God exists - but where is the proof ? Israfil - you are supposed to prove the Quranic claims and not justify the claims using the Quran. Talking about arrogance and punishment sounds like a threat to me. If you don't believe then I will punish you. My reply to the Quran is simple. Its not for me to believe or not. Its for you to prove your claims. If true - then I will surely believe - but until then - where is the proof ?

ChrisNo1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 5:21pm

I Think Dr Syed Alwi has a point, no one can prove God exists! Most religion is based on faith and experience! The Qu'ran, Bible or any other religious manuscript cannot physically prove there and then that there is a God!

Israfil goes onto say "GOD HAS SAID IN THE QUR'AN THAT FAITH AS WELL AS REASON ARE THE MEANS TO FIND HIS EXISTENCE. HE SAYS MANKIND WILL NOT ACCEPT A PHYSICALLY APPREHENSION OF GOD DUE TO MAN'S ARROGANCE (IN BELIEVING THAT GOD DOESN'T EXIST) AND THE FACT THAT MAN, IN LIGHT OF GOD SHOWING HIMSELF TO MANKIND, MAN WOULD  STILL NOT ACCEPT HIS EXISTENCE BECAUSE AS GOD MENTIONS IN THE QUR'AN AMONG THOSE IN MANKIND PEOPLE WOULD ASSERT THE PHYSICAL APPREHENSION OF GOD AS "PURE MAGIC."

Some Christians believe that Jesus was himself God on earth or the nearest thing! Because of arrogance maybe people down played his role and said he was just a 'prophet'?

But I think in all honesty, if we saw God in his full glory we would all drop to our knees and we wouldn't be arrogant enough to pass it off as Magic. We would all know it was God just by his sheer power, intelligence and awe!

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 3:58pm

KIM:

Even when you explained yourself I still have to disagree. God does not control what we see again, as I had mentioned before violates the rule of freewill which in Islam we Muslims believe we have (however I'm skeptical on the notion of freewill). God creates what he wills for the purpose of life, not for the purpose of controlling what we see and how we view things. How do we compliment God without contradicting him?

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 3:55pm

These are childish theories.....you said "If God wanted to he would have given humans the ability to see him." Perhaps you didn't see my last response maybe I'll put it in caps:

GOD HAS SAID IN THE QUR'AN THAT FAITH AS WELL AS REASON ARE THE MEANS TO FIND HIS EXISTENCE. HE SAYS MANKIND WILL NOT ACCEPT A PHYSICALLY APPREHENSION OF GOD DUE TO MAN'S ARROGANCE (IN BELIEVING THAT GOD DOESN'T EXIST) AND THE FACT THAT MAN, IN LIGHT OF GOD SHOWING HIMSELF TO MANKIND, MAN WOULD  STILL NOT ACCEPT HIS EXISTENCE BECAUSE AS GOD MENTIONS IN THE QUR'AN AMONG THOSE IN MANKIND PEOPLE WOULD ASSERT THE PHYSICAL APPREHENSION OF GOD AS "PURE MAGIC."

Mr. Alwi you really have no ammunition to argue seeing how you really cannot prove anything yourself. You cannot even contradict my last response. I mentioned that God's existence (or to find God) is through personal experience which one goes through as a journey. You keep asking us Muslims to prove our personal experience (which is GOD) to you. Will you not listen to what I've been saying? You keep saying faith this, and faith that yet you cannot reply what I've been saying. Again our experiences that lead us to have a concrete belief in a particular thing will not appear to us as "faith" but truth this again is our experience. So please spare the cliche.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic