IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do they hate the koran?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do they hate the koran?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do they hate the koran?
    Posted: 06 June 2005 at 12:37pm
The question i wish to ask you readers is this:  looking through the smoke screen of bad translations of the koran and those who pretain to be muslims and do terrible acts. Does the mjority of the people in the US and europe dislike what Allah has sent down(the koran), Secondly how much of the koranic teachings are applied by the west? I think these are very important questions for a muslim and a non muslim because it shows where each of us stands, we love what Allah has sent down. Also, why is there no legal punishment for adultery or fornication in the west?  All opinions welcome and appreciated,
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 1:09pm
People are just scared. They have never read a word of Qu'ran. Adultery
and fornication used to be prosecuted but now there is too much and no
way to be fair.
DavidC
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 1:43pm

Once maybe 30 years ago there was punishment for those things but the government realized that people have to be accountable to themselves in these areas and it is not for governement or individuals to assume they know or understand why someone acted as they did.

As the way I see it if a person has not been taught how to establish and keep healthy boundaries, have good communications skills and excellent sexual health practices information and guidelines then there are a lot of people also who are lonelie and desperate because of various reasons.

Going on a witch hunt to find people who have relations out side of marriage or while in a marriage is futile except in offering courses and workshops in educating them in how to establish and maintain personal bountries and how to respect those of others, courses dealing with issues like how to coipe with lonlieness and greif and loss.  Also we must offer courses in anger management and how to make friends.

In short people biologically are programed to have sexual relations and they need these sexual relations to be healthy and happy.

The problem is that sometimes people enter into relationships or marriage for the wrong reasons and they forget to continue learning how to please their partner or they demand too much and either they or their partner go looking elsewhere for love and caring not to mention passion.

So the key here is to work on ones self and learn skills and good behaviors that will attract the right one and also help us maintain our calm when we feel very sexually frustrated or loniley.

I think if two people choose to have sexual relations this is before one another and Allah and that they have to answer to him no one else.

Also if two people treat one another with respect and dignity and care about one another then there is no harm except if they create an unwanted child in their haste or passion.

I am not promoting people take up having numerous affairs I am only saying that when you choose to be with someone this is before you and Allah and of course their parents if they are under age.

I believe that marriage is a bond that can either be a blessing or a curse dependss as I mentioned on how caring and loving the couple is to one another.

I believe that marriage takes commitment and work and should not be entered into lightly.

Marriage means that our learning does not stop if anything it is increased two fold and then some in learning all we have to learn about our partner and how to have a happy home and please them.

One thing that happens sometimes to couples is that one or both partners is looking over their shoulders trying to see what they missed in terms of a more beautiful woman or a more handsome man instead of focusing on their relationships.

That is why occassional marriage counseling workshops on relationship therapy and sexual techniques sessions might help.

In the end flogging or stoning anyone for having relations out side of marriage or evenb when married serves no healthy purpose.

True Justice is Education, Training, Counseling and Consultation with Prayer and Living Prayers (ie Guiding someone to a workshop on sexual information or anger management) are by far a more productive and therapudic for the whole family that continuing to abuse peoples human rights.

Flogging and stoning people might have been an answer a thousnad years ago but it is not an healthy solution or answer to a intellegent and caring society that has dignity and integrity.

Massallah

May Allah Guiide you well!

Anne Marie Elderkin-Habibi 

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 1:49pm

ahh, Anne Marie,

Your very unIslamic views shine loud and clear in the above post.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 2:42pm

I would not say they are un Islamic at all for it says very clearly in the Quran and Hadith Allah is the most merciful and there fore we should strive to be merciful as well!

Being merciful means we give people the tools they need to be good law abiding upstanding people and make good and excellent choices with the freedoms Allah has given us.

It is not unIslam to say that it is natural for people to need sexual relations, healthy relationships or to respect the one you choose to have relations with.

Sometime it does happen that a man or a woman becuase of biology need to have sexual relations and marriage to anyone is not always the answer so I think that there are of course things that can be done to deal with the sexual frustration and lonlieness but some times the need is too great a burden and then we need someone.

So if you have not met the person you want to marry then if you have a girl frind or a boy friend or companion then maybe it is okay to have relations.

I am of course hypothosizing.

I do not think a piece of paper means someone is going to be a good loving partner.

Though I think a ceramony celebrating the union of a couple is benifital but not always a requirement for a happy marriage or commitment.

Education is true justice violence is never a solution....

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 2:46pm
Ummziba do you have an opinion to my question? i would appreciate to hear it.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 2:50pm

Anne Marie,

Sexual relations of any kind outside of legal marriage are absolutely forbidden by Allah.  You are not putting forward Islamic ideas.  You are using Islam to try to fool weak minded people into following your twisted logic.

Community: I appologize for this getting so far off your original post, but I refuse to let Anne Marie continue to post her thoughts and ideas as being those of Muslims.

Peace, ummziba.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 2:57pm

Assalamu alaikum Community,

I think Anne Marie is the perfect example of why people in the west do not wish to follow the Qur'an.  If they did they would not be able to have free sexual relations, as she espouses in her posts!

As well, people feel they should be able to do whatever they wish without consequence.  Thinking about Allah reminds them that there may be consequences for their behavior and they would rather not think about that.  Let's face it, an average western person would have to change their lifestyle almost completely in order to follow Islam - most don't want to do that.

As long as people deny Allah and deny the Afterlife, they can fool themselves into thinking it is alright to do whatever they please.

I think DavidC. is also correct in saying that people do not know the Qur'an and therefore are scared.  They see the very slanted media stories of Islam and Muslims and get all the wrong ideas.

Just reading a translation of the meaning of the Qur'an would not necessarily remedy this situation, for, without good tafsir, the meaning can sometimes be tricky to comprehend.

Peace, ummziba.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic