IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do they hate the koran?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do they hate the koran?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 5:03pm

Brother, I respect your response. I hold no reason or desire to attack you or anyone else at all. I am not the United States of America.

They are in the habit of doing that - at least since 1953 - their invasion of Iran. It was an elected government and no one was oppressing anyone.

This sura is about "mediating" between people. I didn't realise that we need the entire war machinery, heavy tanks, the fastest aircraft and tonnes of depleted uranium to mediate between people. So, from today, I should start reading "mediation" whenever a country is invaded?

Please do tell me what we should do with the word "Invasion". Shall we not have it deleted from the dictionary as it has become a bit redundant?

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Brother, I respect your response. I hold no reason or desire to attack you or anyone else at all. I am not the United States of America.

They are in the habit of doing that - at least since 1953 - their invasion of Iran. It was an elected government and no one was oppressing anyone.

This sura is about "mediating" between people. I didn't realise that we need the entire war machinery, heavy tanks, the fastest aircraft and tonnes of depleted uranium to mediate between people. So, from today, I should start reading "mediation" whenever a country is invaded?

Please do tell me what we should do with the word "Invasion". Shall we not have it deleted from the dictionary as it has become a bit redundant?

Francis J. Gavin is an international security fellow at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University:

Politics, Power, and U.S. Policy in Iran, 1950-1953
"On 19 August 1953, elements of the Iranian army, acting on orders from the Shah and
with covert support from the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), deposed Mohammed
Mossadegh as the Prime Minister of Iran. Mossadegh�s overthrow climaxed more than two
years of crisis stemming from Iran�s clash with Great Britain over the nationalization of the
British owned Anglo-Iranian Oil company. Early in the crisis, the United States was
sympathetic to Mossadegh�s nationalization program, and went to great lengths to convince the
British to negotiate a fair settlement with Iran. Throughout 1951 and 1952, the U.S.
government steadfastly refused to sanction any unilateral attempt by Great Britain to end the
crisis through non-diplomatic means."

Geo-politics is rarely as simplistic as Sasha (Whisper) implies.

Edited by b95000
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic