IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do they hate the koran?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do they hate the koran?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 2:59pm

Salam to all,

Here are some clear and unambigious verses regarding the discussion at hand.

It behoves not a believing man and believing woman that they should have any choice in their affairs when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter; and whosoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he surely has strayed off a manifest straying. (33:36)

O you who believe! Do not take presidence before Allah and His Messenger [in matters of the shari'ah] and fear Allah; surely Allah is Hearing, Knowing. (49:1)

O you who believe! Obey Allah, obey the Messenger and those who are in authority among you (i.e., the Imams). (4:59)

We have not sent a Messenger but to be obeyed. (4:64)

and many more....

It is not up to us to decide whether or not a clear order from the Quran, the Prophet, or "those who are in authority from among you" (the Shia believe this refers to the 12 Imams, The Sunnis believe this means the Caliph), or to decide if the Fiqh ruling is consistent with "modern times". Islam is a religion for all times, and all places. Islam does not adapt itself to society, society adapts itself to Islam.

Regarding Adultry,

I'm sure the adulterers and fornicators would be overjoyed if Islam did not perscribe any punishment for these crimes. Unfortunately for them, however, this is not the case.

"The woman and the man who fornicate scourge each of them a hundred whips; and in the matter of God s religion, let no tenderness for them seize you if you believe in God and the Last Day; and let a party of the believers witness their punishment. "(24:2)

It is well know and established that the punishment for adultery was stoning to death. This is base on Quran, Hadith and the practices of the first Four Caliphs.

As for your statements regarding Fiqh, Ijtihad, etc. you are free to believe what you like and Allah hu Alim (God is the judge). I would just request that you do not claim that your beliefs are based on Islam, as the major schools of thought (Shia, Sunni, Sufi, etc.) do not agree with you, or does the Quran or the vast majority of Muslims.

If you want to create your own religion, just be honest with people. Others will either follow you, or they will not.

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 3:03pm

I never said my ideas or opinions were agreed upon by other Muslims I said these are my opinions.

As I said I am not condoning sexual behavior outside of marriage I said it happens and therefor people need ground rules if it does happen because right now 5 Billion women and children are being treated like sexual toys and they are vulnerable to men who do not understand how to cope with their lonlieness or sexual frustrations or appetite.

So I am saying that to those men if they want relations seek them of course first from a marriage partner first and if that is not possible then be respectful and not mistreat the woman you choose and what ever you do do not solicite sex from children!  I am saying stop molestesting children and women and useing them as dispossable souls and start treating them and yourself with dignity and respect.

I am saying some men do not believe in marriage and they need some guidlines.

It is very Islamic to be merciful and provide people with the tools and skills at coping with the reality of their lives with things like how to cope with dsexual frustration or end a relationship or create a new one.

People need training and guidance and it is not enough just to say do not do it, you have to show them how to accomplish this task with courage, faith and dignity.

Extreeme sexual frustration is the partial cause of rapes, incest and a number of family violence issues.

I believe I make it clear these are my beliefs and that Islam in some form does support it.

Then I ask you if you are so wise why does a man who has a wife beat his wife because he is attracted to another woman?

What would you tell him, stop???????????????

Then what let him start molesting his own shildren because his needs are not met?

It happens.

Education and Training are very Islamic.

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 3:11pm

Here are the topics of this thread, I would suggest we get back on track:

Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

The question i wish to ask you readers is this:  looking through the smoke screen of bad translations of the koran and those who pretain to be muslims and do terrible acts. Does the mjority of the people in the US and europe dislike what Allah has sent down(the koran), Secondly how much of the koranic teachings are applied by the west? I think these are very important questions for a muslim and a non muslim because it shows where each of us stands, we love what Allah has sent down. Also, why is there no legal punishment for adultery or fornication in the west?  All opinions welcome and appreciated,

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 3:14pm

Child sexual molestation happens when men are left uneducated that in the act of denying self pleasure one can increase ones sexual desire to a point that is dangerous as at that time anyone can appear appealing including children and people of the opposite sex.

So therefore people need to understand what they can do to alleviate the total catastrophy of falling victim to ones emotionial and physical needs.

That is why freedom to access sexual health information and practices is important vital and key.

To protect women and children from men with appetites out of control.

This phenomina happens in all cultures and religions.

This phenomina can happen to women too.

So given this it is very Islamic I believe to inform people of courses, counseling or places to consult openly on thier issues so they can find solutions that keep them lawabiding and respectful.

The problem is that some people have arcaic ideas about sexual health and sexual practices.

So again marriage is probably the wisest answer but sometimes people are less able to cope with these frustrations because of ignorance or misunderstanding.

I am not saying that it is okay to have sex when ever you want just be sure to respect and care about the person you choose to partner with.

Lets face it it happens all the time why not just say do it if you must but be respectful of the one you choose.

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 3:17pm

This is not the topic, Anne Marie.... .  Please read the forum guidelines.

Peace, ummziba.

Ali Zaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 3:23pm

Dear Anne Marie,

I don't usually respond to your posts, however, I will make an exception. Why? Because you have made a somewhat clear and cohesive argument.

You claim to be a Muslim (if not, let me know). If you are a Muslim, then it is obligatory on you to turn to the Quran, the Prophet, his traditions and the leaders appointed by Allah for our guidance. There is a clear and established process for doing this. There is no need for you to re-invent (or "renew") Islam to suit your needs, the answers you seek are already there.

If you are not convinced that Islam is from Allah (s.w.a.), or the the Prophet Muhammad (a.s.) is the divine messenger of Allah (s.w.a.), then this is a different matter. However, if you are convinced of this, then where are you going when you put these things aside?

We, as human beings, cannot control either the beliefs or actions of others, only ourselves. There are many people (both Muslim and Non-Muslim) who are abusive, sexually frustrated, cruel, etc. Some of these people try to use religion to justify their behavior, and some don't. All we can do is encourage the good, forbid the evil and protect ourselves. The rest is up to Allah (s.w.a.)

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 3:31pm

Not the topic, not the topic, not the topic, not the topic...

Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 3:34pm

We, as human beings, cannot control either the beliefs or actions of others, only ourselves. There are many people (both Muslim and Non-Muslim) who are abusive, sexually frustrated, cruel, etc. Some of these people try to use religion to justify their behavior, and some don't. All we can do is encourage the good, forbid the evil and protect ourselves. The rest is up to Allah (s.w.a.)

Re the above....

Good points, I am not trying to reinvent Islam I am taking what I know of Islam and what I have learned in my life and put the two together and this forms my Islam.

You see if you ask 10 Billion people they will tell you at first question that Islam means a number of different things.

However if you define Islam the way I have in (The Renewal Of Islam) thread then they will agree and hense 10 Billion Muslims who agree that 1. Education and Training, 2. Prayer and living Prayers, 3. giving in charity and seeking it when in need5. Haj to self , family, friends ., community and world are the first levels of Haj and then the next is to a place of spiritual significance.  They will agree that these are keys in submitting to the will of Allah (The State of Islam) therefore as I said 10 Billion Muslims each witha fredom to choose their path to Allah.

I know my beliefs sound different or unuassual but careful study will find their support in Islam.

I express my beliefs and try not to force them on anyone.

As I see it Islam is a recipe and in living our lives we cannot help but add to it.

I appreciate your patience.

Anne Marie Elderkin Habibi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic