IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Accepting Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accepting Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accepting Islam
    Posted: 05 June 2005 at 9:23pm

In accepting Islam I realize that it is a way of life rather than a religion.  At least this is how I see it.  Having grown up a Christian and experienced other religions as well I realize also that each of those is a way of life as well rather than a religion.

Defining Islam as something I believe we all belong to and that we are all Muslims means I veiw everyone as my brothers and sisters and that when it comes to what is going on in the world every effort in a positive way should be taken to educate and train everyone so we each have a means of supporting ourselves and also that we support those who cannot support themselves ie. the disabled or the physically challenged or those intellectual challenged.

I often hear people talking about when the judgement day will come and the end of times be or the great catastropy ( Surah ((, 1-8) will be and I guess my response is always why wait for collapse to make a difference in the world.

We have to work with what we have and build community networks that encourage and support positive change and evolution in thinking to move us forward in a peaceful and caring fashion.

War mongering is useless and distroys the spiritual environemnts and the egology too.  We need World Arising Responsibly and Spiritually for postive change to happen.

So I may not be a religious person but I am spiritual.

May Allah Bless us with opportunities for growth and advancement in healthy relationships and spiritual growth.

Anne Marie Elderkin Habibi

Edited by amlhabibi2000
Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
saalih View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 9:32am
mashallah sister.
saalih View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 9:34am

allah says he will never change the state of a people unless they start changing themselves. kindly, be a religious person. so that you may attain islamic knowledge and help your community on islamic jurisprudence,

wasallam

amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 4:35pm

I will add this the core foundation which s Islam is education, counseling, consultation, giving or recieving charity and prayer with living prayers.  So as far as I see it all these things which make up the foundation of submitting to Allah exist in all religions so there fore at the core all people are Muslims and free to choose their path or recipe for expressing their Islam.

Therefore a person may express thier right to Islam as a Christian or a Jew or as a Buddhist or as a Shia or as a Sunni etc and Allah has gieven them free will and the freedom to do so though man does not always let people have this freedom.

Anne Marie Elderkin-Habibi

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 4:36pm

What is the meaning of jurisprudence?

Though I am guessing it means following the laws?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic