IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 33% Representation of women in local bodi  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

33% Representation of women in local bodi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 33% Representation of women in local bodi
    Posted: 05 June 2005 at 10:33am
33% Representation of women in local bodies

According to the convention 2000 each and every Pakistani citizen will get social, cultural, civil and political security. It is a matter of fact that providing shelter, food and equal opportunities to work are the duties of an Islamic government. But here in our country the situation of human rights has become worse. The musical chairs of civil and military government need substantive analysis and deep comprehension. Democracy has been sacrificed for the sake of families and vested interests. Whenever military leaders came into power, they used local bodies to empower their authority. They snatched their rights but rarely gave anything to their poor subjects.

Mascara government has developed a local body system and a devolution plan. Even a blind man can see that it is not for the people�some of its classes will ruin our social structure, one of these is the 33% representation of women in local bodies.

Western neo-colonialism under the leadership of USA is trying to abandon the defensive capacity of the entire third world and attempts are being made to harm them culturally. They are using their media for this mission. The slogan of women�s rights is a beautiful web to make us fools. The philosophy behind it is to deprive our woman from her home and children. In the consequences of the same slogan, the Western woman is forced to become the breadwinner of the single parent family. Malicious men catch women for their own pleasure. The Cairo and Beijing conferences are links in the chain to achieve this agenda. Their malicious policies are promulgated by giving million and trillion dollars aid to poor countries. Pakistan is also on the target of these interests. Such slogans of women�s rights could ruin our social structure. 33% seats in local bodies are incompatible with our religious social and cultural values. We have to consider the overall scenario of Pakistani women.

The basis of the foundation of Pakistan is still waiting for its implementation; that�s why the problem of society is still unsolved. The effects of the systems given by feudal lords are obvious in the country�s scenario, where the government is transferred on bases of hierarchy or wealth. Wealth has become the perpetrator of all politics as a consequence women are grinding under the same mill. Corruption is growing in the name of basic fundamental rights.

The government holds the opinion that basic fundamental rights can be given through this system. Now it is self-evident that this system is not for the people. How could it be imagined that non-representatives of feudal lords could win the election through this system.

Another fact which is worth considering is that ideology behind the Western system of government where the public is getting the fruits of Mayor�s autonomy and local body system, they have 100% literacy, but we have a shameful figure in this regard. Women working in the fields are not even aware of their fundamental rights of heredity and family laws. The real solution is that our rulers should bring reforms in the basic conditions of women and then put forth that type of revolution.

Another fact is that how could a women afford 7 to 9 millions of rupees expenditure for the election. Obviously only the wealth of the feudal could support her.

We should keep in the mind that women and men are equal in Islam with regard to respect and grace and eternal consequences but their field of work is not the same.

Politics, statesmanship, military services are the men�s field. To drag women into these fields would exterminate the domestic life, and the burden on women would be twofold. Life against nature always brings bad consequences. Why do we feel shame in the fact that women are not answerable to Allah (SWT) for breadwinning for the family? She is only answerable for the family matters. If we cross the limitations set by Allah we should be ready for the social and economical dispersion. We are responsible for our misfortunes. We suppress our women ourselves. Western women are deprived of peace and security, instead of fulfilling double duties, under the slogan of liberty.

So why are there efforts to create a double-standard society whose result is representation in elected bodies? We have to change the socio-political structure. In an Islamic state it is the duty of the government to spread education, eradicate corruption and give an atmosphere of peace.

In contemporary times, where men are unable to bring any positive change, how could a woman bring any social reform? It is our demand to establish a council of veteran women judges, women educators�women from different walks of life, who can give proposals for women�s development. These proposals would need to be approved by the assemblies. This is only possible when the foundation of an Islamic government comes into practice.

Home | Join Us | Send Page | Contact Us | Send Comments

Copyright � 2005 Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan - Women Wing. All rights reserved.
Ph. :+92-51-5506031 Fax : +92-51-5504537
e-mail:
[email protected]

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 1:23pm

My dear Bro Suleyman,

What's the source of this article or its your own analysis? Secondly, what is mascara government? Is it the army rule in Pakistan or what? Also, I don't understand your statement here or its the typo for eastern instead of western; "In the consequences of the same slogan, the Western woman is forced to become the breadwinner of the single parent family."

Also, I really couldn't understand the logic for your assertion when you say "33% seats in local bodies are incompatible with our religious social and cultural values. We have to consider the overall scenario of Pakistani women." Are you debating 33% or what? Do you think its more than what they deserve?

And, I also don't understand when you say "The basis of the foundation of Pakistan is still waiting for its implementation; that�s why the problem of society is still unsolved."? What were the basis of foundations on which Pakistan is still awaiting implementation? Can you be little more specific?

I think, you are taking examples of a totally disjoint issue to address the issue of women's rights. What bearing does it have of Wrong doings of feudal lords on the women's rights. You may still have the job left over of linking the two to conclude that its basically the women's rights which are the root cause of every thing bad that is happening in that country. Then, I do see you bringing religious slogans without quoting any references. e.g. "Why do we feel shame in the fact that women are not answerable to Allah (SWT) for breadwinning for the family? She is only answerable for the family matters. If we cross the limitations set by Allah we should be ready for the social and economical dispersion.  " On the more, how do you link this "breadwinning for the family" and the "women's rights" issues togather? Do you mean to say 33% seats would make women responsible for "breadwinning for the family"? I don't think this is a logical outcome, so how do you relate the two? 

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 2:24pm

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Brother,

Brother ur words include more than the question; by the way i feel the negativity,when i feel the negativity i don't discuss...leave the answers in your life u will came accross...wa salaam...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 7:00am

Wa Likum us Salam my dear brother,

If rational critique is out of one's domain, then whats the purpose of whole discussion? I would rather ask what is the purpose of the posting then? One shouldn't feel negativity but see objectivity in the responses as it may improve our knowledge in understanding the observations through all angles. I hope you would like to discuss the issues more openly than asking others to merely accept them on their face value. Allah knows the best. 

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 11:04am

Brother i am tired of discussing the issues;if u don't mind i have an separate life from the board in my own language;i only come to this board for  seeing Islam's different color on my brothers and sisters including my dear non-muslims...u should find an another brother to play:)))...the words in the my post including serious experiences but understanding the words needs to understanding the backgrounds;i am too tired of telling an background,as i said i am not an discusser;i am am walker with the persons in accordance to the steps of Islam...Allah knows the best...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Brother i am tired of discussing the issues;if u don't mind i have an separate life from the board in my own language;i only come to this board for  seeing Islam's different color on my brothers and sisters including my dear non-muslims...u should find an another brother to play:)))...the words in the my post including serious experiences but understanding the words needs to understanding the backgrounds;i am too tired of telling an background,as i said i am not an discusser;i am am walker with the persons in accordance to the steps of Islam...Allah knows the best...

Now I am totally confused with your intent of posting this article and then refusing to discuss it. Either you don't consider me worth of it or you consider me ignoranant of the topic? But let me tell you that may not be the first but the second reason that I have mentioned is obviously not correct simply because afterall I have been living in that country for many many years and who knows I may go back to it. It is for this reason that I responded to your article. Anyhow, if for some reason, you don't want to discuss it, I would rather request you to remove the article so that no one may bother you to discuss it. Regards

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Now I am totally confused with your intent of posting this article and then refusing to discuss it. Either you don't consider me worth of it or you consider me ignorant of the topic? But let me tell you that may not be the first but the second reason that I have mentioned is obviously not correct simply because after all I have been living in that country for many many years and who knows I may go back to it. It is for this reason that I responded to your article. Anyhow, if for some reason, you don't want to discuss it, I would rather request you to remove the article so that no one may bother you to discuss it. Regards

Best regards brother,u should more visit to ur country,as i have understood from ur consideration to my article;the problem is neither with me nor with my article;it is in ur heart missing that country as u have seen there are some persons really living islam and ur heart is telling something with so many questions;i am not THE guilty about ur situation...

a note,i'll forward u some sources about Pakistani Muslims;insh'Allah,it will work for ur questions...

Edited by Suleyman
amna_ali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amna_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2005 at 11:05pm

Asslamualikum,

I think brother Ahmadjoya has right to critique and question regarding the article posted by brother Suleyman. Positive questioning and critique is very important. I agree with brothre Ahmadjoya's remarks:

"If rational critique is out of one's domain, then whats the purpose of whole discussion? I would rather ask what is the purpose of the posting then? One shouldn't feel negativity but see objectivity in the responses as it may improve our knowledge in understanding the observations through all angles. I hope you would like to discuss the issues more openly than asking others to merely accept them on their face value. Allah knows the best. "

So its not critique for critique sake. Its just for increasing understanding about the issue.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic