IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Terrorist V Terrorism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorist V Terrorism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2008 at 5:29am

I am surprised why friends could not understand the problem of martha. She has accepted Islam. But she is not happy with what the Muslims are doing today. It takes some time to fully understand and assimilate ones self with the new faith people.

For example (very short example), if the muslims of UK are not doing well, they are led by ignorant bigots, then it becomes difficult for every muslim to live there. Not only martha but others too may have to hide themselves.  Am I on the right lines?? If so then a proper good advice can be given to martha to help her along. There is nothing bad. There is no harm done.

Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 3:00pm

Some of the things that helped me to understand muslims better was studying the history and politics of the region.  Often we are given one sided information in the west and it takes a diligent person to find the truth and see things from both sides.  We can't justify all the actions of either side, but it makes a person more aware and compassionate if they can try to understand the full scope of the muslims current situation.

I am proud to be a muslim and when someone questions my religious choice then I take the time to explain some things to them about my choices.  I talk about Islamic history and beliefs and general world history to help them see things better.  Some people get bored by it and just stop asking and others ask more questions.  Being a muslim in the west certainly has its difficulties, more than it should.  I just think there are positive ways to be a muslim and alleviate non-muslim fears so they can be more understanding.

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 3:16am

Salaams sister Salams_wife,

I try every day to understand both sides in everyday life in the UK because it is important to me. I have had no end of discussions with asian muslims in particular when I lived in London.

And minuteman seems to grasp my point quite well.

I am not ashamed to have accepted Islam, but at the end of the day it remains very personal to me.

But I agree with you sister, there are positive ways to be a muslim. But many muslims here do not feel the same as you or I. I also have explained Islam to many non-muslims when it has been the right time to do so. Many English people know my story, how I accepted Islam and the sacrifices I made. Unfortunately some muslims and their actions have had made it more difficult.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 8:38am

Whisper, strange that you still post on this topic after having said you find it a pointless debate. But as usual you like to tease, brother.

Any debate can spice up a bit after my favourite Israfil or Hayfa drop in!

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 8:45am

For example (very short example), if the muslims of UK are not doing well, they are led by ignorant bigots, then it becomes difficult for every muslim to live there.

How very interesting analysis!

Shall we then take it that what some people (be it they Muslims or whoever) doing in the UK is actually instigated by some Rasputinic biggots and not by UK attrocities in the Mid East and other parts of the Muslim world?

Your answer will be a great help in my education.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic