IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Terrorist V Terrorism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terrorist V Terrorism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 12:50am

You live in the US right? If I came there and starting demanding this and that, wouldnt you get upset?

How often do you get upset? Is airing one's positive opinion openly not a long earned BRITISH tradition? Are you the only gardian of England? The only person vested with a VOTE?

In the eyes of the English Law; anyone and everyone, on Her majesty's Voters Rolls holds full rights (without any prejudice) to propose, ask for and even demand anything, within the Law, that they deem to be beneficial for the public at large.

Kindly, refer to your country's law before flashing your Britishness, which, if you study closely, is a shade of racistic tendency.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 12:57am

Sister, if I went to Pakistan then I would not dream of critisising Pakistan.

My friend, what a beautiful dream!

I hadn't realised that when you are in a country or, specially, if you moved to a country, some absolute and divine obedience is required of you? Whats so sacred about not criticising or correcting a wrong?

I think, I will have to talk to someone in Islamabad, you would make a perfect Advisor for Mush who is desperately trying to implement such absolute obedience from his badly tortured subjects.

All of hold every single right to stand up and call a foul a foul just as Human Beings, it's our basic right of belonging to a society.

Edited by Whisper
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 3:33am

Salams_wife,

If the UK doesn't want to teach about Islam in public schools than that is its right.  I just don't think it is fair to make things difficult for the Islamic schools where muslim parents prefer to send their kids so they will get that education

You are again missing the point.The UK does teach Islam in its schools. And urdu is being introduced into the curriculam for all students, just as spanish is taught in the US schools.

We are not 'pushing all religion away instead of embracing it and making it more open.'

Yet what harm is there in encouraging more teachers of different faiths in schools instead of making them outsiders? 

I never suggested anything different

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 3:46am

Whisper

Sister, if I went to Pakistan then I would not dream of critisising Pakistan.

My friend, what a beautiful dream!

I hadn't realised that when you are in a country or, specially, if you moved to a country, some absolute and divine obedience is required of you? Whats so sacred about not criticising or correcting a wrong?

You dont need absolute and divine obedience when you live else where . But its logical that you dont start divisions of your own that affect others. It is purely for selfish reasons if you do otherwise. I have already stated how important integration is for everybody. Dont twist the words. And I have never suggested that wrongs are not to be righted. But there is a manner in which you attempt that.

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 4:01am

Whisper,

In the eyes of the English Law; anyone and everyone, on Her majesty's Voters Rolls holds full rights (without any prejudice) to propose, ask for and even demand anything, within the Law, that they deem to be beneficial for the public at large.

I have not suggested anything different.  As usual Whisper you twist anything I say. And you paint a bad picture all the time about Britain, either regarding the past or present. Racism in the UK is not as rife as you try to suggest. And surely racism is only present when the true picture is not revealed on any side. It is not something that is just inside a person. It develops over time. I dont even suggest that all asians are bad, and you are wrong to suggest my husband is from a dodgy group. You dont know him. You also dont know me .

It is my intention everytime to build not destroy. And if I need to point out some errors that people post then I can do. My views are never biased, but I will stand firm if the facts presented are not true.

Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 6:07am

Martha, I have a question for you.  What forms of racism do you find in the UK and how do you think that effects those it is directed at?

I know you had mentioned before that you no longer show outwardly you are a muslim.  I know at this day and time it is a difficult trial in the west to show you are muslim, but this leads me to believe you did find racism and hatred in your country.

I am, and always will be, hard headed and stubborn.  I personally refuse to hide my being muslim no matter what my friends, family and co-workers think.  I believe the more I show I am proud of it, then the more they will just have to get used to it.  Of course, this has been my way on a lot of things in life so perhaps it is easier for me.  Most people who know me are aware of this and they know better than to judge me (to my face) because they know I will not put up with it.  They may not like it, but the idea of who I am now is growing on them and they are slowly accepting it because I don't show I am ashamed of it, but instead show I am proud of it.

I understand not everyone is like that.  There have been a lot of movements to do away with racism and give more rights to minority groups in the last century.  Those people didn't gain their acceptance by hiding, but by showing they were proud of who they were and facing their difficulties.  I could give you numerous examples of this in the United States and I am sure you have examples in the UK.  The first step is to admit there is hatred and racism. 

Edited by Salams_wife
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 7:27am

Salams_wife,

I no longer outwardly show myself as a muslim because I dont agree with what many muslims do, which then brings disrespect on Islam. I have previously mentioned the London tube bombings and the siege on the Belsan school by extremists.  At the time these things happened I was perfectly happy and at ease to wear the hijab. I lived and worked in a predominantly asian community. Some accepted me some didnt. I found that the vast majority of older asian women that didnt intergrate into society, struggled with me being muslim. Most young muslims were fine that I had accepted Islam. Most British people in the city were also fine. Amusingly one black man said that God didnt want a white woman to be a muslim

I am by no means a weak woman. It is not this that forced me to remove the hijab. The hatred and racism that all people feel comes from ignorance. On both sides of the fence. Many British face  racism today from others because they are the wrong colour or race or religion. It will take time for  everyone to change. Everyones situation is different and cannot be bundled into one bag. I have no one to defend me, so am not in a loving muslim family situation. I quietly accept that situation and do the best I can with the means I have. But this does not make me weak. If I had cared about what my family or friends thought then I wouldnt have become muslim would I? Strength comes from within, and is not always portrayed on the outside. I am ultimately trying to understand Islam and hopefully be a good muslim as well as being a nice person.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 12:48pm

I must admit I need to just go past this absolutely riddiculous pointless debate in which no points are ever addressed.

With sincere thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic