IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - VIEW ABOUT THE UN-ISLAMIC GATHERING  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VIEW ABOUT THE UN-ISLAMIC GATHERING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 4:11pm

Its enough I have shaken your sense of right and wrong...

oh... notsure you shook anything up. You know nothing about any of us. And most of us have been dealing with these issues for a long time.

And really are you givng yourself a "pat on the back"?

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Azaleah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azaleah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 6:13pm
Leah
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 12:44pm

One of the 10 Commandments is to honor your father and mother. 

Even if your parents are not of your religion if they want you present you must be with them.  Explain to them you can't pray or sing but love them and will stand at their side.

It surprises me that true Muslims go to Mecca because of it's similarities to the pagan celebration the walking around the rock, kissing it, throwing the stone, etc.  Just what the pagans did!

LOL!!  Christians are no better!!  We celebrate Jesus' birth on what is most likely the wrong day and decorate with evergreens a pagan tradition!!

We have changed all the pagan ideas to reflect Christian ideas.  I am sure Islam has done the same with the pilgramage.

Azaleah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azaleah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 9:37pm

BELIEVER, are you Moslem? Moslem follows Quran. Indeed you can find Torah and Injeel in the Quran, but to all Moslems, our sole basis in our life is the hadith and Quran. Islam is not just a "religion" but is a way of life.

There are far too difference between Islam and Christianity. What we Moslem do during Haj time is not a man made tradition but it is stipulated in the Holy Quran and narrated in the Sunnah of the Prophet, while your Christmas, is a bid'ah itself in your own religion. You can�t find verses in the Bible telling you to celebrate Christmas.

If one is a Muslim that means simply that you are in submission to Allah (SWT). The messages we can read from the Quran are not just talking about the issues of Aqeedah ( belief such as Monotheism), the existing of Allah or the Resurrection Day, but also talks about law as well as moral principles and the Basic Islamic belief to which every Moslem must subscribe. Allah (SWT) said in the Quran what are the requirements to be a true Moslem in every sense of the word. If either a man or woman makes the choice not to do what was commanded by Allah then i could say that they are in rebellion against Allah (SWT). There is absolutely no complusion to be a Muslim; however, once a person makes that election there are standards that one must meet. Islam encourages its believer to inquire, ask question and know the truth and not reprimanding its follower to clarify things they don�t understand. Knowledge in Islam is so important, it is part of our faith and in fact knowledge comes first before belief, that is why we have to learn and ask before we accept else our faith will not be that strong.

To those Moslem who are condoning to the celebration of such festivities, that is your choice no one will stop you. Every one of us can do what we want to do in our life, while we are still alive. Hereafter is just another chapter where we will meet all the deeds that we have done during our lifetime. In this world, we have all the action that we want without reckoning but beware in HEREAFTER is all reckoning without action�.

Edited by Azaleah
Leah
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:21pm

Yes, it was good advice by azaleah. Perfect reply. The rites that muslims perform at Hajj are not pagan. The going around Ka'abah was practiced before Muhammad from the time of Abraham and a.s. Ishamel a.s. It was a bad luck or as Allah wished, no prophet had come in the Arabs after Ishmael a.s. The Arabs spread all over Arabia and they turned to idol worship.

But they kept certain rituals intact. That is the Hajj and safety of travel (no fights) during Hajj. They believed in Allah but had other gods too. They kept up the very old tradition of sacrifice in the Sunnah of Abraham a.s. till that day. They praticed the circumcision which was a covenant of Allah with Abraham forever in his children.

So there is nothing pagan in the rituals of Hajj. Hajj is prescribed for all Muslims once in lifetime if they can afford it. The various rites are described in the Quran.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:32am
I tried avoiding this thread but I couldn't help but responding to "Azaleah" who appears (from face value from his/her writings) a self-righteous Muslim who constantly reminds us that "it is our choice to enjoin in our old festivities" yet are continuing in error. Azaleah need I remind you that you are neither a prophet or God so regardless whether you have read the Qur'an 1 million times does not necessitate that you are right. God is a sovereign being free from the limitations of human words so regardless whether you feel you are right, does not mean you ACTUALLY are. Stop judging other Muslims and keep your judgemental comments to yourself.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 3:35am

Israfil,

Maybe this thread will continue until next Christmas? Now there's a thought

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Azaleah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azaleah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 3:55am

Israfil, am sorry i piss you off. I never claim I am a Prophet. You can go back to all that I have written. I supported all my argument with either Hadith or verses from the Quran. I am not "senior member" like you and I am a "woman".

God has inspired within each soul the ability, although limited, to recognize truth from falsehood. Sin is what affects and lingers in the heart and what you hate for people to find out. And conscience is what tells the state of the heart of the individual, whether it is alive seeking the truth, or dead, filled with the desires of this worldly life. 

�He inspired it (the soul) to know its sin and its piety.� (Quran 91:8)

Listen to your conscience very carefully while reading what I have written about those festivities and start to contemplate. Remember this, as long as a person seeks righteousness, they will know when they have done something wrong through their conscience, even though they might find numerous ways to excuse themselves for what they are doing.  They would never like anyone to come to know of that thing, for they are ashamed of it. The Prophet said:

Shame is something which can prevent a person from committing evil. If you have no shame, then do as you please.� (Saheeh Bukhari)

�But their hearts became hardened, and Satan made fair seeming to them that which they used to do.� (Quran 6:43)

So think this over. Do you want Allah to find you in that gathering? Do you wanna die in that state? Remember, death will come anytime without any notice. To respect our parents in Islam is paramount, but paramount as it is our devotion to Allah is above all those thing.....

Leah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic