IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - oh boy - what a beauty!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

oh boy - what a beauty!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 1:02pm
Incidentally Andalus, are you actually trying to make the claim that to kill a child is worse than to kill a middle-aged person or an old person?  Just asking
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 2:44pm

Doo-bop,

You are correct that there is no foot note to suggest that you altered your post. However the post was clear to see. It originally said 'martha' not  andalus. I have no idea what happened. But it did. Still , as neither of us have any proof then I dont see what we can do about it. We will have to let it pass.

You say the title of your post was an invitation to discuss. I cannot read your mind when you chose these particular words 'Oh boy,what a beauty'.  But it certainly seemed strange wording to me.

I want to understand this bit about God ordering children to be killed. What is that about? And why do you think that Jesus was a baby killer? Why did Andalus say that?  Will you give me that evidence please that you were so happy to share with Andalus? The only time that children were slaughtered in the bible was when Herod demanded that all boys  under the age of 2yrs were killed to prevent Jesus from becoming King of the Jews. Is this what is meant? It is not clear to me.

Now regarding the matter of muslims not believing that Jesus is the Son of God, and Christians do, thus making God different to muslims and CHristians. I know that Islam accepts the O.T. so believes in Adam as the first messenger etc etc. I am not aware that Islam uses the New Testament. But someone with more knowledge will correct this if I am wrong.  Islam does believe in Jesus. I am unable to answer why God/Allah does not have Jesus as His son in the Islam religion. Doo-bop, I dont have all the answers you want. You need to ask someone else. If you are not satisfied because I cannot answer you, it still doesnt mean you are right about us worshippinga different God to you. It just means I cant explain it well enough. You will have to be patient for an answer. I'm sure there are things you dont understand about God, but you still believe in Him. And I would need to understand that and not make judgement on you. Am I not trying to listen to you?

You also are not explaining about your religion to me as I asked. Are you a Catholic? If I am to understand you then you should explain, dont you think? I am a very patient person, that is why I take time to reply. Some would perhaps suggest I didnt, but I will give you time if I think we both can learn. But I would like it to be in a civilised manner please. I certainly dont want you to insult Islam, as you would not want me to insult your Christian religion. It achieves nothing this way. Only hostility.

So I will now wait for a reply from others to that question that so concerns you. Then hopefully we can move on to the next question you have. I hope this satisfies you for the time being

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 6:50pm

Doo-Bop my point in this whole thing is pointing out that you have a misunderstanding of Islam, not only as a religion but the adherents of this religion. From what I've read from your many posts, anything thing disagreeable seems to be the focal point in many of your threads. In addition, what I'm trying to point out is that there are varying views in the Muslim world such as what is and is not acceptable. The fact that you pointed out the Malaysian country calling all indigenous people Muslim and non-Malaysian people non-Muslim is a truth that can only point towards ethnocentrism fueled by nationalism. This is not Islam.

Another problem you have that I see is that when something bad happens in the Muslim world you bring this back towards Islam instead of attributing this to personal responsibility. Haven't you seen here that Muslims have different views and perspectives on life? Muslims over there may not agree with my lifestyle but this is equally true about my opinion on their lifestyle. You have to consider the cultural influences that plays into religion. Sometimes, people use religion as a crutch.

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 7:24pm

The Message of the day: HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic