IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Genetics and homosexual behaviour  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Genetics and homosexual behaviour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 4:49am

Assalamu alaikum, sister lameese,

Dear, I would warn you against keeping "gay" friends.  It is always detrimental to Muslims to keep sinners for friends rather than Muslims who try hard to live Islam as it should be.  Now, I am not saying to never associate with gays - we must deal with them in day to day situations, but, to keep them as friends is dangerous to your spiritual well being.

Would you keep alcoholics for friends?  What about prostitutes?  Would you hang around with people who dress almost naked (as many in the west do)?  Would you sit down with those who are eating pork?  All of these influences can tear away at your deen.  You should try your best to only keep those for friends who are Allah conscious.

Now, before you call me a hypocrite, let me say, I would never tell you to stay away from a sibling or parent who was gay.  I am only saying that having gays for friends is really not good for your soul.  Please take my advice in the spirit that it is intended - I only worry for your soul and your deen.

The situation with my brother tears at me daily, please don't choose to put yourself in such a situation.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 4:54am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

I suggest from all of the posters of this thread for closing it up...i see that it hurts Sister Ummziba's heart and i believe that we have no right to do that...issue is an issue can be searched from the books;just an advice...

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 5:03am

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatulah wa barakatu, brother Suleyman,

I say this as one who is more than old enough to be your mother - you are a treasure.  Thank you for acknowleging my pain.  Your mother has a good son.

Peace, ummziba.

Edited by ummziba
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 5:10am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Assalmu alaikum wa rahmatulah wa barakatu, brother Suleyman,

I say this as one who is more than old enough to be your mother - you are a treasure.  Thank you for acknowledging my pain.  Your mother has a good son.

Peace, ummziba.

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister Ummziba,

Sister,i wish you the best in this world and hereafter....i admire your great iman,Maash'Allah pushing us to in Islam more than the books;thank u very much for your smooth heart warming us...

Coming to my mother,i have to confess that She loves me too much that now i can hear the delicious smells coming from the kitchen...what about the by-pass operations waiting me at my future

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 5:35am

Bismillah

Wa'alaikumu Salaam dear Sister Ummziba!

What can I possibly comment... I could only take a deep breath and heavily breath it out having read your share of thoughts. Wonder if ever your brother had a chance to read them would he also feel inner pain and ponder.

Having been brought up amongst non-Muslim friends, rejected by a Muslim father and showered with love by a Christian Mother and a step-brother it also took me a long time to arrive at the meaning of the following verse:

O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust. (5:51)

I cannot but agree that we do not just turn our back on them. We do not approve their wrongdoing either. We remind them and invite them in ways that are best... with wisdom and beautiful preaching, as we are instructed in the Qur'an. Regardless of our love, respect, care and concern it is up to them whether they want to respond to our invitation or ignore us, embrace us or turn our backs on us, cherish our love or distance themselves from us, acknowledge the Supreme Authority or seek temporary amusement of this world.

We have to return to the story of Ibrahim (peace be upon him) and his father, to the story of Noah (peace be upon him) and his son, the story of Lut (peace be upon him) and his wife and a beautiful story of Yusuf (peace be upon him) and his brothers... These were the Prophets (peace be upon them all), who were not without hearts, feelings of love and care towards their loved ones. They were Messengers with a clear Message calling people to Allah, calling people to do right and repel wrong.  Wasn't the Quraish the very family of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), waging the war against their own blood. 

Be patient, dear Sister, you are not alone, insha Allah. Don't you get even more confident that Allah is setting you on the Rigth Path, which may at times be as you said "the hardest one of all" but undoubtedly straightest and most deserving all the hardship, insha Allah. 

Not sure whether I managed to shed any light at all, but must admit that your thoughts will have me thinking for some time...

Wasalaam. 

MOCKBA
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 6:32am

Assalamu alaikum brother Mockba,

Thank you for your post.  I am glad that Allah has caused my words to make you ponder.  None of us should ever be so set in stone as to not be able to empathize with others.

Most assuredly, the straight path is the hardest, but with the greatest reward.  I have had a good cry over this topic today, may Allah wash away some of my sins with my tears.  I know the life of this world is fleeting and that the Afterlife is the goal - that doesn't make it any easier to endure. 

The life of this world is a hell to the believers.  We all have our secrets, our heartaches, and our miseries to deal with.  Knowing others at least empathize or understand is a great help.

I just want to add that my brother does know how I feel and he does feel great pain and anguish - part of why I do love him so.

May Allah give all the Muslims courage and patience to deal with this life, and Allah knows best.

Peace, ummziba.

Edited by ummziba
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 9:40am

Maybe you should have, once again, read my words more clearly. I siad, "I know gay people" because I work in healthcare. I did not say I have close personal gay friends nor just gay friends.

Please stop your word as my own. And as I said, I do not agree with it at all. But I do feel bad for them.

Lameese

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 10:08am

Assalamu alaikum, sister Lameese,

I appologize sincerely for not reading your words more carefully and jumping to conclusions.  I hope you can understand that I was so upset by this thread that I was not being so careful in my reading.

I hope I have not caused you stress or upset by my advice, it was clearly uncalled for.  I will try to be more careful in future.  Again, I am very sorry.

Peace, ummziba.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic