IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Genetics and homosexual behaviour  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Genetics and homosexual behaviour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 5:03am

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatulah wa barakatu, brother Suleyman,

I say this as one who is more than old enough to be your mother - you are a treasure.  Thank you for acknowleging my pain.  Your mother has a good son.

Peace, ummziba.

Edited by ummziba
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 4:54am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

I suggest from all of the posters of this thread for closing it up...i see that it hurts Sister Ummziba's heart and i believe that we have no right to do that...issue is an issue can be searched from the books;just an advice...

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 4:49am

Assalamu alaikum, sister lameese,

Dear, I would warn you against keeping "gay" friends.  It is always detrimental to Muslims to keep sinners for friends rather than Muslims who try hard to live Islam as it should be.  Now, I am not saying to never associate with gays - we must deal with them in day to day situations, but, to keep them as friends is dangerous to your spiritual well being.

Would you keep alcoholics for friends?  What about prostitutes?  Would you hang around with people who dress almost naked (as many in the west do)?  Would you sit down with those who are eating pork?  All of these influences can tear away at your deen.  You should try your best to only keep those for friends who are Allah conscious.

Now, before you call me a hypocrite, let me say, I would never tell you to stay away from a sibling or parent who was gay.  I am only saying that having gays for friends is really not good for your soul.  Please take my advice in the spirit that it is intended - I only worry for your soul and your deen.

The situation with my brother tears at me daily, please don't choose to put yourself in such a situation.

Peace, ummziba.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 4:40am

Assalamu alaikum,

Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

Good and evil can't co-exist... and eventhough they exist in the same space and time, they do so in a constant state of struggle that can have no truce.  

Brother Mockba, I absolutely agree with this statement.  I do not agree with, nor condone homosexuality.  And yet, my brother, who I love is a homosexual.  Can you even imagine the 'constant state of struggle' that I live in because of this?  Do you have a brother?  Can you even imagine living in this situation?

I agree that anyone who willingly chooses to disobey Allah is most certainly a sinner.  Can you even imagine the turmoil of my heart knowing my dear brother is doomed to hell?  I do not have gay friends, nor would I, but a brother is a brother.

It was Shakur's statement that we should just burn and kill all homosexuals that is so upsetting.  Does not Allah have Mercy and Forgiveness for everyone who seeks it?  We are not the judges, free to carry out our own form of vigilante justice.  There is no perscribed penalty (except hell) for homosexuality in the Qur'an.

Yes, we should be disgusted by the behavior, but we must be more outspoken as a community to show it is wrong in Allah's eyes.  Here in Canada, where "gay marriage" is lawful in some provinces and will probably soon be lawful in the whole country, the Muslim community has barely raised a whisper.  Perhaps we are all so afraid because it is "open season" on Muslims here.

Just to illustrate the point - my parents fully accept their gay son, but reject their Muslim daughter.  It is not easy living by the laws of Allah - the straight path is indeed the hardest one of all.

In the city of Toronto, there is a community of "gay Muslims".  They have an imam and meet regularly for prayer.  I saw this on a documentary on television.  The mainstream Muslim community abhores them, some of the Christian community think the Muslims are too harsh to reject these people.  They showed the "gay Muslims" sharing Iftar with some of these Christians.  There are even some "progressive" Muslims who speak out in the press and say there is nothing wrong with homosexuality.

I don't agree with any of this what so ever.  But, just turning our backs isn't going to help these people see the error of their ways or give them the opportunity to see a way to change.

You are correct in most of your argument, but I do wonder how you would feel about the topic if your brother (or sister) or other close relative were gay.  Breaking the ties of kinship is also a great sin - do you see the quandary that I am in?

My brother is not one of those who marches in gay parades or fights for gay rights or dresses outrageously.  He lives a quiet life and if you didn't know, you would never suspect he was gay.  I am sure that if this were not the case, I would have to break the ties of kinship, and that would break my heart beyond mending.

Peace, ummziba.

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 1:10am

My bad. I may have got a little presumptive but not without taking into account your gay friends and your sympathy towards them which you have shared in the discussion.

Perverts are perverts. And your opinion on paedophiles perfectly reflects mine on homosexuals.  At least there is some 'synergy' here.

Good and evil can't co-exist... and eventhough they exist in the same space and time, they do so in a constant state of struggle that can have no truce.  

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 12:42am

My defense tactics?? Aren't you getting a little presumtive? I do not agree with it at all but it is no MY SIN nor MY RIGHT TO JUDGE.

And you are wrong. A paedophile, whether his vicitim agrees or not, is TO YOUNG to have made that decision. And you putting that together about a paedophile waking up was your thinking, not mine. They are disgusting worthless souls, in my opinion.

And you are right  "Good and Evil cannot coexist in harmony" but they do exist in the same space and time. 

Lameese

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 12:23am

Nobody claims that there is a country, community, a family or even an individual free from some form of evil. However, there is no homosexual representative of the religion of Islam. The moment he becomes homosexual, he ceases to be a Muslim. Period.

Believing in God and knowingly rejecting His commands is even worse than just ignorance, or unbelief. Iblis believed in God and never denied him, but he disobeyed Him... 

You may have not noticed that your defence tactics for gays may be applied for paedophiles, who do not always perform their indecencies against the will of their young victims. Paedophiles, too, may say that they did not get up one morning to start hunting children... and expect some pity from you for having been "created by God" as such. This is filthy thinking.

Whether you are inclined to steal, to commit adultery, to fornicate, to deduct pleasure from torturing people, to lie, to take drugs, to indulge yourself in homosexual behaviour... there is no "switch-gene" to justify your wrongdoing even if all scientists collectively decide it otherwise. All you need to do, is struggle with your lusts... and not let them overcome you, and bring you down to the lowest of the low. 

If you refuse and instead divert your struggle to establish some gay rights whether through open or subliminal messages, same sex marriages and adoption of children by such unions... the curse of God is not very far. 

Let me also repeat, that "live and let live" is not applicable in Islam. The Good and Evil cannot coexist in harmony having signed some win-win pact...

MOCKBA
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2005 at 10:59pm

Like it or not gays are in every country and from ever religion. They may not like what they are and they may pray for guidance and forgiveness but they are non the less gay. And as I said, "there is a don't ask don't tell" quality in some countries. I never said that they were spouting it so everyone could hear, but there are some that you know are gay without having to ask.

And let's get this straight, there is a WORLD of difference between a Paedophile and a gay person. The Paedophile preys on young innocent CHILDREN who do not have a choice. A gay person will choose a CONSENTING ADULT.

I do not agree with gays either but who chooses to get up one morning and say, "Ok, I think I will be gay now." I feel sorry for them because it is damning them not only in a religious way but for the rest of their lives on this planet. And who am I of all people to JUDGE them? Like you said, you have plenty of sins, as we all do, but we are not shouting them to the world and neither are most gays in sensitive countries. And I do not think ANYONE thinks it is a normal act. I think they are tormented with their decisions. And all of the gay people I know believe in God, maybe not the way they should but they do believe in HIM.

An example of "live and let live" means, so we can be clear about this too, that I am not going to come and hurt you because I disagree with your religion, ideas,  life style choice or where you are from. And I would expect the same from you.

Lameese

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic