IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To Be or not To Be  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Be or not To Be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:35am
The title Christ specifically refers to the Messiah awaited by the Jews. The
Qur'an specifically names Isa as the Christ more than once. So we
Christians and Muslims do agree Isa was the fufillment of prophecy.

3:45 Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a
Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in
honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those
nearest to Allah.

DavidC
dany_steward View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dany_steward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 11:05am

I�ll be back with an answer to you all. Especially to you my friend who is bout to embark on a not known passage.
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dany_steward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 4:42pm

Dany - ok, you never answered my question about the original poster thou, where you think the original poster is Christian ? Reprase; where in the post did you pick up on that they are christian?

Peace

Angel.                                         

Monday, March 21, 2005

Mr. Angel.

Dear Sir.

�At times we all sometime wonder if the real question as to what we mean is, or is it the fact that the question we all at times sometime wonder?. The post to the question you are concern of, isn�t really what your thoughts are, but what you really mean is �am I who am I? Very obvious even in your spelling and the meaning of your thoughts, it is clear to comprehend you aren�t in search for answers, but rather to dissolve one in knowledge that isn�t human knowledge, but divine knowledge.

Furthermore, the word Christian actually doesn�t apply only to those who believe in Jesus Christ the Savior the Son of God the Almighty. Every human being is a Christian regardless who we all are. A Christian, (masculine or feminine grammar noun substantive and adjective) is every human being.

In addition, even as we all suppose to believe one God (masculine)the Supreme Master, the Creator, is for all, nevertheless the fact is that,  we all divide in-to to many different denominations, and some of those denominations are worshippers of satan himself.

I understand you do not agree with my believes, but as I stated above, I doesn�t expect it to happens. Nonetheless one day we all will know for sure, as I know for sure God isn�t one that gets happy if I kill in his name, nor if I hate those that aren�t of my own believe.

Yeah, Mr. Angel, the post is clear right in my mind, right in your mind even thou you might not see it or rather comprehended. And by the way I am not in the position to tell you what to believe but to tell you what is to believe, and also that God the Almighty doesn�t forget but forgive.

In advance, I thank you and although I am a Follower of Jesus Christ, I am hoping this post find you well and in a position for a fine reply.

Sincerely,

Mr. Danny Steward

Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dany_steward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 4:44pm

Sorry to disappoint, Dany, but at the time of my posting I was not a Christian.

That being said, the definition of "Christian" is simply one who follows the teachings of Jesus and believes him to be the Christ. Christ is derived from the Greek word for "annointed one." Since we as Muslims believe that he is a prophet, or messenger of God, does that mean that we are Christians as well? It would probably be so if the religion was named "Christianity" because of the definition of christianos, but I think it's so named because it was Jesus' title or surname... or am I wrong?

Anyway, I thought I might 'update' everyone on my situation. Since my posting, my beloved has given to me as a gift a copy of the Qu'ran in English and Arabic, as well as a prayer rug and a compass for finding Qibla. I am anxious to learn as much as I can about the religion, and eventually go to Mosque and say the Shahaadah. I've even been considering alternate names (Mine might be unacceptable by Islamic standards, but I still need to look that up.) In other words, things are going very well but I still have lots of work and learning to do. As I said before, I don't know many Muslims where I live and would love to become friends with anyone here. Thanks again for all the help and kind words.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Dear friend.

This is my reply, before hand I�ll like to have you in peace, do not be disturb or disappointed, rather be happy, for because you aren�t alone on your way to a passage that isn�t well known  for you.

I�ll like to tell you a little bout me. I grow up in a ranch, where we were bout 200 people I mean a very small town. Once upon a time a man came to our home door and asks us to give him a gulp of water for he was thirsty. We comply, and there on that man continues to say: I am Mr. Peter and I�ll like to give you all a word of Salvation. He then continues, and says: Jesus Christ isn�t only a man but the son of God the Almighty the Creator. I remember asking him why Jesus Christ dies in the cross, and he the man reply to me, because we never understood the message he has for all us humans.  So he continue saying, salvation is for all, but it takes every one of us to accept Jesus Christ as the Savior the Son of God in our hearts.

As I grow up, I also remember one day, having so many problems, troubles and you can imagine any sort of problem a child might have at the age of 3. My mom and my dad separated, we were 5 the youngest was 6 months and the oldest was 9 year old. Life was just like that just trouble and more trouble of any sort. My dad was an animal with me and my two sisters. He rapes them and as I recall, he was bout to rape me to, but thank God it didn�t happen. At age of 14 my dad ask me to go away from home, and my life wasn�t going to be the same but better, at least I didn�t have to suffer in his hands with all sort of punishments. But the time when by and I had to live all by myself, having no one to tell me how or otherwise how to live.

Oh well, sorry but I don�t know why but my mind was sort of flying in a windstorm milestone, hahahaha, I can�t believe, but tears are flowing down my cheek. I wonder if after accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior my life change. Yes it did change for the better; I stop smoking, drinking, and drugs.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention I was a sailor, and yes my life took a 180 degree turn not for the better, I got even worse. But yes it comes Jesus Christ in-to my life and everything change, yes for the better.

I been listening to the TV Stations, the Radio Broadcasting, and even in the Internet all bout the killing of so many innocent people in hands of Islam (I enhance the definition). But before I say that, let us ask us all the following. Let�s say for the sake of peace that Islam has nothing to do with the killing by beheading, car bombs, etc. Let�s say that Islam has to nothing to do with it. So, I myself ask a question in return, �why Islam don�t do nothing to stop those that call themselves Islamic Muslims, which kill in the name of their god Allah, that do horrible things against humanity. Yes why Islam don�t do anything bout that?

Instead, Islam in return point fingers at the United States of America and other Nations as if they are the guilty ones. And I remember on the tidal wave, how USA sends aid to those many Muslims in tragedy.

Ok, my friend, I wonder if I enhance to make myself comprehended or if I just have you waste your time, by saying that Jesus Christ do save, if we acknowledge him accepting him in our hearts. You say, that if you are wrong, no my friend, you aren�t, because salvation hasn�t comes to your heart, even as you think you weren�t who you think you are right now, but deep in your heart you have a space that do concern you, because God the Almighty wants to fill it with love through Jesus Christ his son.

I think, I ask you before, to consider what you are about to do in becoming Muslim. Remember this; once you become a Muslim you will never be able to turn back. Also, I wonder how is that you haven�t seeing what�s going on in Iraq, in Chechnya, in Afghanistan, and so many other parts of the world, I wonder how you live with it by just ignoring the fact that those doing the beheading, car bombs and so on, are muslins, and also how is it that you don�t acknowledge that those doing all those atrocities to human life are doing it in the name of Allah the god of the religion you are considering to become a  full time member.

�My friend do I make myself understood?

I hope this, my post find you on a day where you can add a fine reply to one who only believe sincerity and honesty goes together and never apart, may God Bless you.

Truthfully,

Mr. Danny Steward

Ps�.. Forgive my calligraphy or spelling.

adji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 5:43pm

Dear Dany,

I just give you a comment on the technical part.
Please paste to the note pad first after you copy from the original source before you paste it here. So the following text will not show up here:

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

So your post will be cleaner. Thanks.

Peace
Adji

femme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 7:43am

I was reading over a few topics here and this caught my attention. A young man comes to this board and posts about his intentions or requests answers, meaning that he is interested in learning about something.

Originally posted by dany_steward dany_steward wrote:

Listen, remember this; God is one God and He is the father of Jesus Christ our Savior. You are concern bout getting or not getting married to a women that obviously is the opposite to your believe and must certain to my believe to. You are to young, nonetheless, you are a good man and a good Christian.

People like you, who might not know anything about his situation base their advice on assumptions. This is a very low characteristic to possess, perhaps you should work on getting rid of that.

There is only one God and he has no son and Jesus is a prophet - just a prophet, not your savior. No one man can save you from the sins that you've commited or will commit. This young man is not a Christian, nor is he anything. In fact I recall him posting saying that he is of no religion and is trying to learn about this one.   Now if you are so negative and blinded by a small amount of hate to see through any truth, you should not be giving anyone advice.

Originally posted by dany_steward dany_steward wrote:

Now, I can tell you this, do not married a women that you will have to follow her to your believes and that is not possible. God the Almighty is given me the opportunity to tell you to run from that relationship due to that you will be not be happy.

You can read the future? You know that he will not be happy? God may have given you the opportunity to run into this forum and give ill advice but maybe he also gave me the opportunity to run in too and show you the backward/negative views you have about the world? Don't advice anyone to not do something if you are only basing your advice on assumptions, so don't assume he is a Muslim or a Christian.

Now let me say this too, you are a Christian and that does not offend me. However, my views on how you think of your religion are somewhat different but that is an entirely different topic that I can get into with you on a different forum.

What I am interested in is the questions that namesdontmatter has to ask, he has not asked them yet and everyone was just quick to give him advice.

Okay, since this topic is not about Dany I'd like to move on. The original poster said he has questions and we never heard them.

Originally posted by namesdontmatter namesdontmatter wrote:

I have asked God for guidance, and have decided to submit to whatever He chooses for me. Until then, I will be simply learning from Islamicity, the Qu'ran (She has bought me a copy of it:)), and other such websites.

I have a question for you too, in this equation the girl is the one that made you interested in Islam. If you took away the girl, will you still be interested in Islam? If you answer that question to yourself - you will know if you are really interested for yourself or for her. 
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 8:29am

Good question! Athla, and shall try to take this direction to a further step with namesdontmatter. In fact the girl may be a motivation for you, namesdontmattter, to get to know about Islam, but religion is not like a pick and drop kind of a thing. It needs deep understanding of it with its full belief through rationale learning. Secondly, during the ups and downs of life with this girl (hopefully you get together in future life time), it would be Islam that would guide you to adopt the right path and may not be the girl herself (assuming you learned more than her due to your curosity). So, it is always prudent not to adopt Islam just for her, but to know about Islam through her and adopt it only if you are mentally convinced about its truthfullness. Remember, in Islam, one's love for Allah must be the ultimate supreme objective, superior than any other materialisic object. I have full respect for your emotions as you must be overwhelmingly sincere for her, but please remember that all emotions are time based and do get change in life, even if you decide to live together for the rest of your life. However, if you come to a stage where you decide not to adopt Islam (whatever the reason may be), then, though your fear of losing your "dream" girl may be a big factor. But, I tell you, you will be better off without her than bearing a burdon of being a hypocrate through out the rest of your life. My best wishes and sincere prayers are with you. Cheers!

namesdontmatter View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namesdontmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 8:32am
To those who ask if I would become a Muslim if I had never met this girl, I must admit, I cannot see any way that I ever would have become interested in Islam if it weren't for this girl. However, I am beginning to realize that she has been instrumental in bringing me closer to God through Islam, and God has been instrumental in bringing me closer to her.

"If you took away the girl, would you still be interested in Islam?"

At this point, I would... but she has been my #1 source for information and tools for obtaining information when I had questions that she could answer. It would be much harder to learn and practice anything if she were not around.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic