IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To Be or not To Be  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Be or not To Be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahrosecurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 8:03pm

Dany, I must resound Angel's question. Namesdontmatter actually said that until now he had no real need for religion. Which would mean that he is not a Christian. So how could you tell him that he is a good Christian. And if he were a Christian it certainly wouldn't be good behavior to be contemplating reversion for the sake of a woman. Also, you know very little about the situation as little was disclosed. It is very narrow of you to tell this man to run from this woman. He is obviously trying to do what is right for both himself and the woman he loves. I for one applaud his honesty and zeal for seeking after the truth. If it weren't for this woman he may have stayed away from God altogether. This woman will surely be blessed for bringing his young man closer to his Creator.

Namesdontmatter, keep reading the Qur'an. This woman was good to give you a copy. If you are interested in obtaing more literature about Islam, you can request it from Islamicity's home page. I have gotten quite a bit a literature from this web site during my religious search.

dany_steward View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dany_steward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 4:31pm

Mach 18, 2005

TO:

Angel.

Dear who ever you are, It is very interesting how I could and any body can see from miles away when some one is just trying to deceive you while one is trying to survive in a world full with unnecessary racist or hatred.

Angel, I thank you for the time you took in writing few words to me as to including how I perceive the Brother in question is or not a Christian.

I am a Christian and if it offends you, I truly sorry, but God the Almighty only wants me to tell the truth nonetheless otherwise.

I know you might have trouble understanding my concern, but that is how I feel in my heart, and to tell you the truth, I love to tell you God the Almighty love you, but He doesn�t love the sin or worse He doesn�t love any one who follow anything else but God the truth God the Creator, the Father of Jesus Christ.

I am hoping these words find you in a position so you can assimilate them and comprehend them for a fine reply.

Danny.

dany_steward View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dany_steward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 4:37pm

Mach 18, 2005

TO:

sarahrosecurry.

Dear who ever you are, It is very interesting how I could and any body can see from miles away when some one is just trying to deceive you while one is trying to survive in a world full with unnecessary racist or hatred.

Sarahrosecurry, I thank you for the valuable time you took in writing few words to me as to including how I perceive the Brother in question is or not a Christian.

I am a Christian and if it offends you, I truly sorry, but God the Almighty only wants me to tell the truth nonetheless otherwise.

I know you might have trouble understanding my concern, but that is how I feel in my heart, and to tell you the truth, I love to tell you God the Almighty love you, but He doesn�t love the sin or worse He doesn�t love any one who follow anything else but God the truth God the Creator, the Father of Jesus Christ.

I am hoping these words find you in a position so you can assimilate them and comprehend them for a fine reply.

Danny.
sarahrosecurry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahrosecurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 6:59pm
Danny, Your Christianity does not offend me in the least. It is a noble thing that you believe so strongly in your faith. My entire family are Christians. I was as well until just a few short months ago. However their is one thing that I do take offense to...you elude to the fact that I follow another besides God. This is not true. In fact, Islam is the religion to bring humainty closer to the Creator. It is more a monotheistic religion than Christianity. As Christians pray to Jesus Christ, not the Creator. The Trinity exists of three separate enities worshipped together as one God. How is the worship of the Trinity following the one true God?
fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by dany_steward dany_steward wrote:

...but He doesn�t love the sin or worse He doesn�t love any one who follow anything else but God the truth God the Creator, the Father of Jesus Christ.

Danny.

Well, I guess that leaves me out: I don't believe in the divinity of jesus.

F

balqees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balqees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 2:28am

Assalaamu alaikum ya muslimeen.

Good day to all.

Namesdontmatter-as has already been suggested to you, do pray to God. Ask Him and Him alone for guidance in this matter, and in all matters always.

Who knows, perhaps this has been ordained for you, to meet this woman and desire her as your life partner, only to give you the chance and opportunity to come to Islam and closer to God???

For sure, research it first, study and learn about Islam, and then make your decision later.

I admire you for your own apprehension against yourself and the possible desire to come to Islam merely for a woman. I mean, no one should change religion or claim a faith to a religion merely because of marriage or any other worldly reason.

It is a very personal and important aspect of life, and so one should make their decision about religion according to their own true inner desires and inclinations.

I hope to see more of your posts and updates here.

Please do feel free to come with questions about Islam. We would like to help you along your way.

balqees.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 8:59pm

Dany - ok, you never answered my question about the original poster thou, where you think the original poster is Christian ? Reprase; where in the post did you pick up on that they are christian?

Peace

Angel.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
namesdontmatter View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namesdontmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 4:49am
Salam,

Sorry to disappoint, Dany, but at the time of my posting I was not a Christian.

That being said, the definition of "Christian" is simply one who follows the teachings of Jesus and believes him to be the Christ. Christ is derived from the Greek word for "annointed one." Since we as Muslims believe that he is a prophet, or messenger of God, does that mean that we are Christians as well? It would probably be so if the religion was named "Christianity" because of the definition of christianos, but I think it's so named because it was Jesus' title or surname... or am I wrong?

Anyway, I thought I might 'update' everyone on my situation. Since my posting, my beloved has given to me as a gift a copy of the Qu'ran in English and Arabic, as well as a prayer rug and a compass for finding Qibla. I am anxious to learn as much as I can about the religion, and eventually go to Mosque and say the Shahaadah. I've even been considering alternate names (Mine might be unacceptable by Islamic standards, but I still need to look that up.) In other words, things are going very well but I still have lots of work and learning to do. As I said before, I don't know many Muslims where I live and would love to become friends with anyone here. Thanks again for all the help and kind words.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic