IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To Be or not To Be  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Be or not To Be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 4:44am
Yusuf, I wanted to reply to the other post of yours but it got deleted before I could pick it up again in what was said   
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 10:44am

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

after further discussion with another moderator i have decided to remove the posts.

a note to those who reported the posts one report is sufficient to draw our atention to the posts in question.

A 24 hr period to reply is an unreasnoble amount of time to expect from part time moderator's and simply becouse there has not been a course of action taken does not Imply your report has been ignored. It may simply mean we have not seen it yet as was my case, i saw the posts after page 6 began and i was emailed the report.

Sabr is required by all!

Assalamu alaikum,

akhi rami, if you have limited access to a computer, this is understandable. I know this is the case with akhi Moskva. However, I have seen an administrator logged in numerous times in the past 36 hours and no action was taken against these posts. It takes no consultation whatsoever to determine that dany's posts are violations of the rules, so I fail to see what the problem was. Again, this is not directed at you, since I have not seen you logged in during this entire period. As you state, you are a part time moderator, and although I do not know you I know that Moskva would have dealt with this issue if he had the time. It appears this is the case with you as well.

Indeed I am lacking in Sabr, but at the same time I realize that lies about of Faith and Beloved Prophet, salallahu alaihi wassalam, may very well be read by someone actually considering reversion and may turn that person away from Islam, Allah forbid. It is only for this reason I am being so adamant and impatient.

Yusuf
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Yusuf, are ALL apostates stories forgeries ?  ok I'll grant you that some could be forgeries from christians and non muslims to defame Islam. But what about stories that are not forgeries ?

Absolutely not. For example, in the old forum deist posted his story: compare that to the garbage dany posted and you can clearly see the difference between a sincere person and a liar. However, when someone claims they were at one time a devout Muslim but makes statements about Islamic practices and theology that are completely false, as was the case in dany's posts, the conclusion is obvious. Additionally, the site dany took these stories from is a fraud in and of itself. The owner of the site claims to be an Iranian Islamic apostate with knowledge of Arabic, but the "Arabic" pages he has set up clearly demonstrate that in fact he does not know Arabic; they are disconnected cut and pastes from other sites. Additionally, nowhere on his site is there anything in Farsi, and when I challenged him to demonstrate his knowledge of Farsi to prove that he is in fact Iranian, he refused to respond. He is a westerner whose purpose is to slander Islam in the English speaking world by posing as a middle easterner.

Edited by Yusuf.
Yusuf
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 3:04am

assalamu alaikum yusuf

I dont have limited access, i have limited time.

it is irelavent that you saw a moderator logged on since the report goes to the persons email adress and not the inbox at this site, also sometimes moderators like to wait and confirm or consult (regardless of there personel opinion) on an appropriate course of action before one is taken.

I think you should wait for an official responce from a moderator beffore forming judgment.

Even if we had decided to leave the posts there one of the moderator's would have stated the reason why the decision was made, but no action for or against the post's was taken during the 36 hour period you stated.

I was being leniant in my actions akhi some moderators sugested a sterner action.

Impatience is a veil on the heart, Something we all sufur. Khair insha allah.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 4:21am

assalamu alaikum asma

I moved your post to Groups � Women (Sisters) becouse i think it belongs there, and more women will get a chance to see it.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:15pm

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

assalamu alaikum yusuf

I dont have limited access, i have limited time.

it is irelavent that you saw a moderator logged on since the report goes to the persons email adress and not the inbox at this site, also sometimes moderators like to wait and confirm or consult (regardless of there personel opinion) on an appropriate course of action before one is taken.

I think you should wait for an official responce from a moderator beffore forming judgment.

Even if we had decided to leave the posts there one of the moderator's would have stated the reason why the decision was made, but no action for or against the post's was taken during the 36 hour period you stated.

I was being leniant in my actions akhi some moderators sugested a sterner action.

Impatience is a veil on the heart, Something we all sufur. Khair insha allah.

walaikum assalam,

fair enough, akhi. let's put this behind us Insha'Allah.

Yusuf
femme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 8:45am
Anyways, going back on topic. I had the chance to look at a few interesting facts and thought to pass on what I found out.

Here  you can find a lot of the interesting things I thought would be down your path.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic