IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rules Lawyers Ruin Enjoyment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRules Lawyers Ruin Enjoyment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

When your decisions don't match up or support OUR views we PANIC. And this is what happening.

No, that is not what is happening!

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2007 at 12:28am
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by karina karina wrote:

I have just joined this forum thios wekk, and I ma appalled y what's goign on.

I feel for Angela and others, and I may reconsider particpating.

This is so sad.

I  joined in the hope of getting closer to my religion and fellow muslims.

Hi Karina, don't let this stop you from participating, What many of us are going on about is some unnecessary movements and closures. Some of the reasons given are not within the guidelines but made up along the way.

And have you been complying what is in the guidelines? You were warned before for absolute non-compliance. Yes, guidelines are being updated from time to time, and we will see what else could be included there. For the time being, nothing was made up, and I have already explained that.

This isn't about me, this is about you! And I don't makeup nonsense reasons on the spot and declare it that's in the guidelines.

I given you many examples, Angela's given some, and Herjihad  & whoever else may have. But all you do is came back with I've explained this before" that doesn't help. We are showing you and you don't see it! frustrating!
You want to be shown you are wrong you mentioned that in this thread, well we are showing and yet you do not want to see it.
We have asked where in the guidelines are your reasons because noone us can find it, but that too gets ignored.

You didn't want anything to do with my pm to about all this and told me to pass it on, I did.

You say above in response to Angela, that any current events if they are in men, youth or women's that it will get moved to current events,  all the years i have been here and I've done one just recently if its just about that particular groups, it stay. And now you come back with this ???

here's another example that I mentioned in my pm, many people do it: you warned a member about, I think it was jasperstone, that is making a thread with post after post from the poster. I have no idea where that is in the guidelines, I went and checked, making many threads on the same topic yes but not having a thread with a continuance of the posters posts. I just want to know because there is a thread of mine that I created a while back that I would like to revive but having doubts as I DO NOT want it to be closed by you, I want it to remain open. I have also posted post after post of other things and its never been a problem, SO I have no idea why you warn this poster about such a thing being in the guidelines.

Many of us put things in particular places SO WE CAN (& everyone) join and yet you moving certain threads to places where people can't, and moving where the poster doesn't have the post count, IS unfair.

Please don't say what else we can put in the guidelines, because that will do injustice to the boards. There is enough already. The argument is not about how good or bad the guidelines are, BUT YOUR decisions and reasons for some of your actions, which don't particularly follow the guidelines.

Edited by Angel
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2007 at 12:36am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

minuteman, thankyou for your words of encouragement. My belief in Islam is based on firm simple truths, so I try my best

But you didnt answer my question?

About your question, I am sorry. I was not well aware and still I do not know what went on. If it is about a member then i did not follow your posts. I am unable to contribute.

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2007 at 11:32am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu Brother Peacemaker,

One thing I always admired about you is that you always put Islamic principals first. IC is an Islamic site and sometimes members tend to forget that.

As a moderator you have always made the right decisions at the right time, and I truly admire your courage for doing so.

You have a great responsibility as a Muslim first and foremost and then as a moderator and you have carried both responsibilities extremely well.

You don�t have to explain your actions to anyone and yet you go out of your way to do so. If some members are so fed up with the set up at IC then they can find alternative forums, instead of complaining time and time again. Alhamdulillah, Masha Allah there are no shortages of forums. I am positive they will find many forums where they are allowed to express their points of views without any guidelines or rules to worry about.

It is very sad that you had to spend your Eid days this way.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala reward you with Khair both in this world and the next, for all your efforts. Ameen!

I read somewhere that your daughter is sick, May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala bless your daughter with His Shifa Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 12:52pm

Salaam everyone my apologies to Angela for my delay as I am really busy this time of the year.

As promised to Angela, I'd add whatever I can to this thread and so far from reading the previous responses it appears that everyone has a lot of frustrations and actually, despite what is said here it is good everyone is getting their opinions out. I think what this whole issue boils down to is communication, and how moderators and members alike can imporve the forum. I do agree with other members that there is favoritism here, not just with moderators but with members. I cannot comment on the closure of threads in particular, however I do see what the members are talking about.

I particularly cannot single out Peacemaker as he is the only "active" moderator in the threads at this time and as I said before not familiar with him closing down the threads of other members because sometimes I'm not aware (only the threads I've participated in). The only suggestion I can make here is part of moderating is communicating with members on the set rules and the ways we can make the forum better. Although we have "rules" it is important enough that we all remember that we are humans are sometimes are not confined to set rules this is why it is important for moderators to make members cognizant of those rules. HOWEVER, it is also important that moderators understand that their actions are looked at closely to see if those actions are impartial and carried out in the fairness of everyone.

Anyway, those are my two cents hope I can buy a response

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 1:10pm
Salaams,

The only suggestion I can make here is part of moderating is communicating with members on the set rules and the ways we can make the forum better. Although we have "rules" it is important enough that we all remember that we are humans are sometimes are not confined to set rules this is why it is important for moderators to make members cognizant of those rules. HOWEVER, it is also important that moderators understand that their actions are looked at closely to see if those actions are impartial and carried out in the fairness of everyone.

Anyway, those are my two cents hope I can buy a response

Good ideas!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 11:32pm

I really don't want to walk on eggshells or have the worry everytime I post in a thread or make a thread that it will be moved or closed because in some way it doesn't suit. We all try our best to put things in right places or to the closest place. I have said numerous times I myself like things in its proper place but its insane trying to be perfect all the time. And same topics will also be posted a few times sure its good to have all in one spot and not have too many of the same topic but sometimes it the needs are different.

When Peacemaker has gone off and said on why such and such closed or moved, some of those reasons are being pendantic, and for that how are people suppose to feel relaxed without worrying about their threads or post being closed or moved to areas that they cannot be involved anymore. That is frustrating. If nothing gets done, there will be more complaints and frustrations, and people probably end up leaving.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

I really don't want to walk on eggshells or have the worry everytime I post in a thread or make a thread that it will be moved or closed because in some way it doesn't suit. We all try our best to put things in right places or to the closest place. I have said numerous times I myself like things in its proper place but its insane trying to be perfect all the time. And same topics will also be posted a few times sure its good to have all in one spot and not have too many of the same topic but sometimes it the needs are different.

When Peacemaker has gone off and said on why such and such closed or moved, some of those reasons are being pendantic, and for that how are people suppose to feel relaxed without worrying about their threads or post being closed or moved to areas that they cannot be involved anymore. That is frustrating. If nothing gets done, there will be more complaints and frustrations, and people probably end up leaving.

Salaams Angel,

Also a great response.  Very sensible!
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic