IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rules Lawyers Ruin Enjoyment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRules Lawyers Ruin Enjoyment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rules Lawyers Ruin Enjoyment
    Posted: 02 January 2008 at 10:32am

Assalamu Alaikum and hi everyone,

By the grace of Allah, things are better for me now; my daughter is feeling okay, even though family will still require my extra time and attention. She is a brilliant daughter by the grace of Allah. She aspires to become a scholar and a top class scientist. And as parents, we hope that one day she would become both, insha Allah. She may join this forum after a couple of years as she doesn�t meet the minimum age requirement for the time being.

Jazak Allah Khair and thanks to everyone for your prayers.

Rules in the guidelines are in place for the overall benefit of this forum; they were formulated after much deliberation, discussion and thought; they should be respected and complied with. As it was said earlier, we explain any moderation for the sake of courtesy, we are not obligated to do so. Yes, we will strive to become better, insha Allah, as time goes by to make this forum in line with its objectives.

Assertion, assumption and speculation without any evidence about one�s integrity and character doesn�t help anyone; that is slander. It only complicates matters, and doesn�t offer any solution. While constructive criticism, expressed respectfully of course, is encouraged in Islam and okay as per rules here, slander of any form is strongly discouraged by all standards.

There were many slanderous accusations directed at me in this thread even after I had reminded that it was not acceptable here. De facto, no moderation was done on the basis of one�s religious or cultural affiliation, gender, color, language, national origin or any other similar aspect, nor can enforcing rules by moderators be attributed to being rude and condescending. Let me reiterate that moderation was done on the basis of rules and guidelines.

Moderators, who volunteer their time for the sake of Allah without expecting any financial return from any of us, were not aspiring to power; in fact, they were asked to take up this task and they accepted; therefore, they deserve our appreciation at least in this respect. We all possess some kind of power; for example, the power to post beneficial posts at all levels can make a difference. Our words filled with knowledge and wisdom can go unimaginable distances.

Working with machines and counting 2 + 2 = 4 is one thing whereas dealing with human life and sensitivities involved therein is absolutely another ( and it becomes more complicated when two opposite sensitivities are involved ); and for this reason alone, one can never be perfect at least in this department; nevertheless, one can always try to reach the point of near perfection. It was a miraculous aspect in which Prophets and Messengers were trained by Allah to guide humanity.

May Allah help and guide us all to shoulder our responsibilities at all levels. Let us all come and work together once again; in spite of many differences, we still share many common points.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2008 at 9:58am
Salaams,

My $100 worth: I believe Angela and Seeks to be lovely wonderful people!
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 10:49am
Israfil, thanks for your comments. Actually I'm not frustrated at all. I think you misunderstood my comment a bit when I said to Angela:-

"Your strength is much needed when so many of us women are unable to freely express their beliefs". What I meant was, not that I cant express my beliefs because I'm a woman, but because Angela has a far better way of doing it ie: her vocabulary is greater and she is a writer.

I certainly dont feel like a defenceless woman, thankgoodness. And I am a fairly strong person on the whole, emotionally and spiritually. Cant include the body on that, as it's not working too well at the moment. I also think I am pretty cool. 

Actually brother, I'm sure you're pretty cool too.

I enjoy the occasional spats here on IC. As I already said to Angela, I get stronger everyday. So I promise not to get psyched out at your posts. See you soon on another thread.

Salaams Israfil

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 8:37am

Seekshidayath, you are indeed an ally, bless you. I have inserted an exert from the encyclopedia to read.

In general, allies can be individuals, groups or nations that have joined together in an association for mutual benefit or to achieve some common or purpose. In English usage, those who share a common goal and whose work toward that goal is complementary may be viewed as allies for various purposes even when no explicit agreement has been worked out between them.

Sallams

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 8:36am

Angela, and Martha I understand both your frustation but please don't play the gender game i.e. women are stronger than men at this or that. I'm sorry but I'm sensitive to these comments. There are over 6 billion people on this planet, and I hardly doubt women globally are emotionally stronger than men. I think depending on culture this is the case but this varies. Please don't allow comments from other men make you generalize yourself. Remember vulture especially on IslamiCity, is an influence in the opinions of people here so obviously if Seek believes you get depressed easily (which I didn't understand this remark) then take that into consideration that 1) that is his opinion and 2) he is probably speaking from his own experience culturally.

"Your strength is much needed when so many of us women are unable to freely express their beliefs"

It's great that Angela is an avatar of change for you but please spare me the defenseless woman stuff. Women are strong emotionally, spititually just as men. You allow men mentally to psych you out in speaking your mind. Understand that this is internet you should speak up because this is not like you are in person in a REAL forum somewhere. Like another forum member said here my posts have recently become nasty. The beauty of all this is no of the opinins of people here really matter even if they are good. Seek does not know Angela  in real life nor do I know you both in real, life. You both could be jerks or wonderful people. Even if both of you are really cool online I don't know if you are like that in real life. But regardless of what is said here we should take comments in stride and keep stepping. Martha, strength comes from within motivated by others (but this is limited) but brought about from oneself.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 6:55am
And yes, don't get depressed again. Hope u spare me, as am kidding.. May be that link  shall also be of some help, isnha-Allah
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 6:53am

Bro Israfil i shall reply you. Right now am very busy.. Hope u excuse me

And girls, go thru this. We have Bro peacemaker, Sis Alwardah and Herjihad too. Kindly go thru my post too.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8018& ;KW=depression

I don't belong to any ally, but trying my best for peace at IC.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 4:58am

Angela,

We both know that women are emotionally stronger than the men. One day they will understand this better. We also know that this statement does not belittle the man one little bit. As women we are fully aware of mans role. And both sexes are seen as equal. Both have their weaknesses and strengths and compliment eachother perfectly.

I hope you consider me an ally. I hope I never give the impression of being condescending with you. I hope I also have the added advantage to others that have never been anything other than muslim. I can see your religious point of view because you know I was previously a mormon. The mormon teachings have beyond doubt prepared me for my current personal life. I doubt I could begin to live as a muslim had I not had an understanding of polygamy.Strange that I have since been  put in this position.  

You are an immense help in IC. Your strength is much needed when so many of us women are unable to freely express their beliefs. You boldly and rightly point out errors. You will notice that I am expressing myself more freely in some of the threads. Each day I am a stronger woman. Please continue to do what you do here. You are a fantastic example. Somehow I visualise you as a high ranking officer with us little women following behind. I like that idea of you. You put into words what us others fail to do, because we just dont have that same quality.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic