IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The true defenders of Palestine...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The true defenders of Palestine...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 7:00am
Martha, I wasn't being specific to Brittain and I apologize if it came out that way.  As you know other European countries have had worse problems.  I can't say how it is for muslims in your country though I have heard some complaints.  Generally though, their complaints are the same ones you would hear in the United States as apposed to the ones from out of France. 
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 12:41pm

Dear salams_wife,

There has been a  misunderstanding I'm afraid. You didnt specifically mention Britain, that's why I said 'I hope you're not including the UK'. Dont apologise, these things happen to us all . Salaams sister

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2007 at 10:55pm

Salam-wife post of 20th December (2 posts) are very good. Anatolian has also explained his previous posts and seems to know a lot about Muslim countries. The Saudis may be giving money to the Palestinians. But what they are doing in their own country is more important. There is a one man rule. Many Muslim countries could learn a good lesson of decent behavious towards masses from the nearby democratic countries.

Too much love of the religion without understanding it and without actually practicing it has let down the Muslim countries. There is all sorts of corruption there. I would feel that there is no freedom of speech in Muslim countries. That was the basic principle of Islam. Same is being denied now even in Makkah.

Martha was right in saying that Jews were punished due to rejecting Jesus. S-R has tried to give different reason that the Jews did not agree to the Roman Emperor Caligula or revolted against him. I agree with the reason given by Martha. This act of rebelion was also due to not accepting a man of God (Jesus). The Jews were misled people once they rejected Jesus. So the calamity befell them as a punishment.

Edited by minuteman
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 2:10pm

People might think of you as an anti Semite we wouldnt want that to happen would we?

Some, in fact, most of us who can see through this "Aunty See Might" scam really are not bothered by or even about it. The number of people who are getting irritated by this blackmail is increasing by the hour.

There was a very interesting debate at Oxford the othe week when I was in England. Very interesting trend is now rising. Please take this label and stick it on a lamp post nearest your door.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 2:15pm

Why should any Pakistani, Saudi or Afghans pay for the Anglo-American crime against the Palestinians. Almost the whole world had asked the Imperial Masters of that time not to play with such fire.

You created it, my son, now you pay for it. Don't ever mention Afghan or Afghanistan in any of your deformed posts.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

Too much love of the religion without understanding it and without actually practicing it has let down the Muslim countries. There is all sorts of corruption there. I would feel that there is no freedom of speech in Muslim countries. That was the basic principle of Islam. Same is being denied now even in Makkah.

Are you 100% sure that Saudi Arabia is absolutely a free place? Have you tried to travel in that place as an observer of reality? It is garrisoned in disguise country and OBL had stated his fundamental dispute on that long time ago and Rep. Ron Paul also reiterated that in  Republican Prez'l debates. It is an open  secret now. There is hardly any free Muslim country that has any natural resource that the west needs or has some strategic location.

As long as they are under neo colonial scheme of the supremo US/K; how can we talk about the rule of the law. The law is for the free people and not for the slaves per se. And freedom doen't come free! You know even Quran reduces the penalty for the slaves by 50%.

Martha was right in saying that Jews were punished due to rejecting Jesus.

What Martha wrote
Originally posted by <font color=#0000ff size=1><strong></strong></font><font color=#0000ff size=1><strong><span style=color: rgb(255, 0, 0);></span></strong></font>Martha Martha wrote:

The Jewish people were scattered over the face of the earth. From what I understand, God allowed this to happen when the Jews failed to recognise Christ as the Son of God.
&
I realise that the Jews have yet to accept Jesus as the Son of GOd

No that has no historical validity. Is it Martha's to rewrite such an important part of history? The Romans had no religious position to force Jews to believe at that moment.
Look at the timeline Jesus left the scene some time between 27 to 37 AD. This record is sketchy according to the historical data of such a big event!

The Jews were going about the town but with Caligula on the throne of Rome all changed for the Jews in Palestine.

What you stated is generally Islamic view as such; had the Jews accepted Jesus as Prophet and things would be different than what happened.
Now it is not PC to state that!

S-R has tried to give different reason that the Jews did not agree to the Roman Emperor Caligula or revolted against him.

I agree with the reason given by Martha. This act of rebelion was also due to not accepting a man of God (Jesus). The Jews were misled people once they rejected Jesus. So the calamity befell them as a punishment.

It is not my reason, it is part of the recorded history of Roman Empire!

First Jewish-Roman War

After the disappearance/ ascension of Jesus  their rebellion against  Rome took another good couple or three generations. The Romans  had their big empire to mind  then punish the Jews  for something happened 2 score years ago!
The destruction of Jerusalem took place in 70 AD.
Caligula was an insane emperor to put with, when the Jews refused to setup his statues in the temple their game was up!

Caligula could care less who Jesus was; He declared himself god and that was that as the history states. You know what is real God's position on that!
 Jews gave such hard time to Jesus and got away with it and then ended up with this maniacal tyrant king Caligula.
This is ironic I guess!

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 9:01pm

S-R, you are right about the destruction of jeroshlem by the Romans. Punishment does not come at once. Had the Jews accepted Jesus as a prophet of God then they would have been guided to a better thinking, better way of life. Istead they became disobedient, disloyal. After 40 years (i.e. 70 A.D.) their time was up. The serious punishment "Azaab" comes after rejecting the man of God, sooner or later.

If the Jews had accepted Jesus as a prophet then they would have benefitted. They would even have got freedom from the rule of Romans in a peaceful way, some how. First they had to behave themselves amongst themselves before they could prosper in the world.

I was in agreement with your post excpt that I had connected the punishment of the Jews with the rejection of Isa a.s. And I did not take good note of Marthas remark about the Jews accepting Jesus as son of God. That was my mistake and not true and not necessary. Thanks for your correcting advice.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Martha Martha wrote:

The Jewish people were scattered over the face of the earth. From what I understand, God allowed this to happen when the Jews failed to recognise Christ as the Son of God. >>>>>>>>>
&>>
I realise that the Jews have yet to accept Jesus as the Son of GOd

Martha: Would you mind reviewing your posts?
Why  you want Jews to accept Jesus as SOG?

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic