IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The true defenders of Palestine...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The true defenders of Palestine...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Anatolian Anatolian wrote:

I think you must be confused in some statements.

1) I see nothing wrong with the Pope bringing up the misery faced by
Christians working and living in Saudia Arabia. Why are Muslims free to live
as Muslims in majority Christian West but Christians in the Muslim heartland
are persecuted.

2) It's dangerous to state that Jerusalem is a Muslim realm. It is Jewish and
Christian too and they have every right to it as a Muslim.

How come the Anglo sexon( Brits and Americans and even Jews ) are not persecuted but the the Filipinos are! Who  taught these Saudis do this discrimination?
Have you ever heard an American complaining about this? The  US Veep and SoS visit that place whenever they feel like! Their expats living villas are so grand that you can't even dream of; as if they are back in their plantation life styles days
 The Muslims in the Xian west are in Diaspora just like the Jews were after the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans!
If their countries are not free what difference does it make?
Jerusalem is Jewish/Xian like US would be Indian land LOL
Have a Question for you to go figure!
Why are the Jews and Xians are not allowed to go to the most sacred Temple Mount (Aqsa Mosque & Dome of the Rock) in Jerusalem even today?

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 4:39am

Hi Anatolian,

I suppose the only thing I can add to this thread is this.

The Jewish people were scattered over the face of the earth. From what I understand, God allowed this to happen when the Jews failed to recognise Christ as the Son of God.

However the Jews also know that in the last days they will be allowed to return to Israel, the promised land. This was Gods promise to them. So it will be then I suppose that the Jews can, without compromise from anyone else, be able to worship freely in the Dome of the Rock.

Of course at this time the great battle of Armegeddon will take place. Israel will belong to its rightful owner. As like the rest of the world, carnage will be at its greatest. Only the righteous will escape and God/Allah will save those he chooses to. Some will say the fortunate will be taken in the 'blink of an eye' But we also know that some righteous people, as is in the case of many current world events, will be caught up in the fighting, and perish.

I have yet to fully understand The Islamic view on the end of the world, So would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me. I only heard one explanation about gogmegog. And that was a bit difficult to understand, as a young muslim boy told me that lots of little people came out of the earth with picks and swords killing all the bad people.

Anatolian, I cant give a satisfactory explanation as to why the peoples of the world are so misplaced, and ill treated. But one thing is for sure, God/Allah gives us the opportunity as individuals , to gain knowledge, so that hopefully we are in the right place at the right time when the all important and inevitable end of the world takes place.

NB I have written this without intending harm or upset to any religion or person. So please remember that I am only poor martha, trying to make sense of it all myself.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 8:45am

What's 500 million for the Saudis really? If they stopped funding Jihad
infused madrasas in Pakistan and Africa and spent it on funding real
schools and hospitals and actually buying back the land even (everything
has a price) wouldn't that help the Palestinian lot?

These JIhaids were creating problems for saudi arabia since 70's' anyone remembers grand mosque seizure?

The Saudi saw the soviet-afghan war as perfect opportunity to export terrorism to other countries, under the pretext of jihad.

They sent all the radicals to Afghanistan & Pakistan, while revoking their citizenships.
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 11:31am

Excuse me I don't remember defending Israel in my post neither do I
defend the settlements. I believe Palestinians have a right to demand
what belongs to them. They are the ones who were forcefully removed to
create a state for a people who barely share any common roots.

I know more of the conflict there then you Mrs. Wife. Your attacking me
for really no reason. I stated that Palestinians receive more aid from non-
muslims then many of you would like to think. I know all about the secret
deals being made by Syria, Lebanon, and most of the Arab world who are
still in a "war" state with Israel. And of course the open dialogues and
economies of countries like Jordan, Egypt, and Saudia Arabia never help
the Palestinian cause.

You want my opinion about that affair. At this point the Jews are there to
stay no matter what anybody else wishes. Jerusalem is to become under a
Jewish, Christian, and Muslim leadership, stop settlements in Jerusalem
and the West Ban and return the land that was forcefully taken and the
Israelis can keep the ones they purchased legally. At this point this is the
only way to go. Evangelicals are not helping I never said I supported what
they do. They are forcefully bringing the "end" of days by reestablishing a
Jewish state in the land that was once called Israel.

What's 500 million for the Saudis really? If they stopped funding Jihad
infused madrasas in Pakistan and Africa and spent it on funding real
schools and hospitals and actually buying back the land even (everything
has a price) wouldn't that help the Palestinian lot?

Anatolian, forgive me if your original post seemed to side with Israel rather than the Palestinians.  That was the impression I got.  Thankyou for clarifying that with your rude attack at me and your presumption of what I do or do not know.

I also agree that Israel is not going anywhere and people need to get over that.  Yet Israel's illegal actions and victimizing need to be stopped.  As you said, the land stolen from them should be returned and Jerusalem be made available for all three religions. 

It is not to say that Christians haven't done a lot for Palestinians.  I don't deny this.  What I do say is they also raise considerable money for Israel to continue building settlements which defeats the purpose of helping the weaker Palestinians.  The US government gives over 4 billion dollars a year to Israel and sometimes up to 10 billion.  I hardly think the 500 million they are giving the Palestinians compares.  I cannot see how you can think giving the big, stronger guy considerably more money is made up for by giving the weakened one a much smaller figure.  It barely helps anything and often Israel stops the money from getting to the Palestinians anyway.  These are my points.

As for it being preached that there are 3 Gods, in essence that is what many Christians preach.  I was arguing this with my Pentacostal family just recently.  All growing up I was told that the Father, son and holy spirit are the seperate entities that make up God.  Yet I couldn't figure out how the son could speak to the father if there is only one God.  Yet they preach that Jesus is God too.  I cannot speak for every sect of Christianity, but I can speak for what I learned in the Pentacostal and Baptists churches I went to and was babtized in.  Finally when none of my questions could get answered, I gave up and found a religion that did satisfy my answers and made sense. 

So I would appreciate you speaking to me as someone whose roots are in America since before the United States became a country and was forced to sit many Sundays in church.  I am not defending all that the arab countries do.  I think they could have helped the Palestinians in a far more productive way and I never said they did do a lot for them (I had quoted that they should do more if you had read that).  Also, I agree they often do more harm than good.  Yet you cannot accuse all arabs/muslims of not trying to help Palestinians.  There are plenty that do just like Christians.  Which you obviously know from your statements that Christians do a lot to further the Israeli cause of gaining all of the land it wants.  Until Christians stop doing that, I can't take the donations they give to Palestinians more seriously.  Remember the US government is Christian (except a couple of congressman).  If you can blame all muslims for their governments actions than you can blame all Christians for their governments actions.  Otherwise you need to seperate the two and give them each their own credit.

As for religious tolerance in the United States, it is better than many countries, but it is far from perfect.  I can't get days off for the muslim holidays but the Christians can.  I can't go to Friday prayers at the mosque because they are held during work hours.  Yet Christians can be given time to go to church.  I don't even have the right to wear the hijab at my work, so please don't tell me about religious freedom.  I don't see it being perfect as you seem to display it here in America.

Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 11:40am
One other thing I will give the United States credit for is giving all the immigrants the same opportunities regardless of race or religion.  They all have the same chances to go to school, work, and raise their families.  Otherwise we would have the problems they have in some European (Christian) countries like France where there is rioting due to the inequality.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

I suppose the only thing I can add to this thread is this.

The Jewish people were scattered over the face of the earth. From what I understand, God allowed this to happen when the Jews failed to recognise Christ as the Son of God.

Please don't add some thing that is not historical fact--They do not recognize Christ being the son of god even today and lots of other folks- the destruction of the temple and the Jewish diaspora was the result of them not recognizing Roman emperor "Caligula" as god and rising up in revolt and losing.

However the Jews also know that in the last days they will be allowed to return to Israel, the promised land. This was Gods promise to them.

You need some history lesson here so bear with me!

The promise of God for the promised land was for all children of Israel from slavery to freedom and not for the Jews only that did come to pass after their roaming in the desert of Sinai.  And then they refuse to do the God's missionary work and bickered and fought among themselves till they were destroyed by the Babylonian Nebuchadnezzar II and taken in slavery to Babylon. They were given a second chance but their were allowed to come back o Jerusalem but then again the same story of   political infighting and love of money against God's laws. The God's contract with children  of  Israel was annulled by the immaculate birth of Jesus born of Mary.  It was sign from God with this miraculous birth that the chain of God's revelation  was to be finally pulled away with Jesus being the last chance to repent and believe through the House of Israel. But when Jesus flipped their money tables in the Temple they planned to have him killed/crucified and lose their way. Then there was nothing left but  confusion and conjecture that has made up the sects and religions that came out of the ashes of destroyed Jerusalem by Caligula's forces!

Out of lost tribes of Israel what was left the Juda's; the jews they survived with their love of money intact and they imploded their old captors in Europe and benefactors amongst Ottomans into wars and out came the monster of Zionism.  The Zionist schemed with their  background in the modern warfare being nurtured in the homes of the colonialists to  dispossess Arab Palestinians of their homes. The world was in disarray after the great wars and  any claim against an Arab lands was fair game for the colonialist. The countries were created as the winner of the WWII saw fit so that is the way Zionist saw the opportunity to have a  the  piece of the province called Ottoman Palestine, they had better armed than the local leaderless camel riders -- In final analysis you snooze you lose. There are other causes too but I leave those for some other time. 

So it will be then I suppose that the Jews can, without compromise from anyone else, be able to worship freely in the Dome of the Rock.

Martha  do you know what the Dome of the Rock is?

Non Muslim particularly the Jews (& Xians) are forbidden to go over the Temple Mount where the Dome of the Rock is located till the arrival of their messiah. The Xians are the ones who brought the most filth to the Temple Mount during their occupation of Jerusalem.

Sign at visitors entrance to Temple Mount.

Jews can pray at the wailing wall (the western wall)only.

Of course at this time the great battle of Armageddon will take place. Israel will belong to its rightful owner. As like the rest of the world, carnage will be at its greatest. Only the righteous will escape and God/Allah will save those he chooses to. Some will say the fortunate will be taken in the 'blink of an eye' But we also know that some righteous people, as is in the case of many current world events, will be caught up in the fighting, and perish.

This is the Xians make belief, and  fundamentalist's propaganda. The reference from Xian Bible as follows:

In the Book of Revelation, God, ushering in the Great Tribulation judgments, commands seven angels to pour "seven vials of the wrath of God" upon the Earth. Armageddon then follows the pouring of the sixth vial (or bowl):

"And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon."

They are trying to make it self fulfilling prophesy by creating a destruction in ME and justifying the killing for sake of oil. Why did boy king invaded Iraq cuz he was totally immersed in the  dual propaganda on one side the evangelical Xians and other the MIC conglomerates itching for the loot. Now the biggest den of thieves and  killers is housed(Occupation HQ) in area called Green zone is right on the  Euphrates riverbend walled of behind 12 feet tall concrete barriers like the infamous Berlin Walls in Baghdad as we speak.

Has anybody seen angels come down to approve all that when the death toll is running over a million Iraqi civilians and thousands of Americans dead and wounded and trillion tax payer dollars down the pockets of thieving  corporations. Where was the other army? The concept of Armageddon is based on the preterist gobbledygook:

As an historical fact, a gathering of the Roman army had occurred at Megiddo as a staging ground for one of the Roman army's assaults on Jerusalem in AD 67. This is consistent with the preterist interpretation that the seventh bowl of wrath refers to events culminating in the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70. However, one indication that the book predicts a future event is the mention of an army from the east of 200 million, a number that would not have been possible in any battle of that period.
Anyway US and her allies have occupied most of the  area, so time will tell where the 20 million army will come from and what difference does it make in this nuclear age!

I have yet to fully understand The Islamic view on the end of the world, So would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me.

Martha: there are lot of things to know before you get into the understanding the end of time scenario: You need to read some good authentic Hadiths and Quran and everything in its proper  perspective. One thing is certain the Jesus return as a precondition for the Jews/ Israelites and xians to believe in him as prophet & messiah being son of Mary before his death. He will be the star witness against non believers on the judgment day. Surah Nissa(woman)4-159. I can list the signs the Prophet(s) had talked about later!

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Anatolian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anatolian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 12:07am
Sign Reader I must acknowledge I had difficulty understanding your
message. It took me a few minutes just to figure out xians was actually
Christians. Muslims CHOOSE to go to Europe and America. Most to give
there children a taste of a good life that they will never have in there
homeland. The Jews were forced out of Israel by the Romans and
scattered across the known world. One was by choice the other by force.
No comparission my friend.

Sign Reader you also answered back to Martha with an interesting
comeback about the Jews punishment and being scattered across the
world, whether its fact or fiction and if it truly happened because they
failed to believe in Christ. Well it's fact and not only because they refused
Christ but they used the Temple Mount as a place for business. Jesus
even predicted it's final destruction, which happened 70 years after His
death. Also Sign Reader easy on "Blaming the Jew" for the chaos in this
world. People might think of you as an anti Semite we wouldnt want that
to happen would we?

As for Mrs. Wife. I did not intend to be rude to you its just that I'm sick
and tired of explaining myself to many here that just because i'm
Christian (Catholic) that I fall under this generalization being made by
many Muslims. "Oh! A Christian! He must be for Israel and is against
Palestinians." You immediately suspected I was a Zionist. About the
Trinity, you can do research for it on your own but let me give you an
example of what you are asking. What you seek for is hard for anybody to
truly understand the way God works. Here's a parable I guess for ya. My
grandfather would tell me this as I was an inquisitive young kid, as I am
now.

There was a priest, very smart theologian who constantly pondered about
the Trinity and the meaning of Life and how can something be so simple
to understand so hard to accept. This priest would walk up and down the
sea coast and ponder all this every day. One day he saw a young boy. He
dug a little whole in the sand, took a bucket and ran out to the sea and
filled it up with water. He would dump the water into the whole and
repeat this over and over again. The priest finally went to him and asked
him "Boy, why do you do this?" The boy answers "I'm trying to take all the
water from the sea and put it in this hole." The priest replies "But that's
impossible the sea is so large you can never fill that hole with it." The boy
replies "Well how can you fit all of God's mysteries into that little head of
yours?"

That's the basic attitude I have about all this. The Holy Trinity is
explainable and I have explained it here before. It's up to you to put your
faith in God and believe that whatever He does, whether comprehensible
to you or not, is His holy work and many many many people smarter then
you and I have spent there lives figuring this out only to find out they
wasted a whole lifetime till they realized that somethings are not meant
to be known. Religion should not be simple or easy to know. It's a
lifetime's work of understanding it. The best all of us can do is to be the
best person we can be.

Mrs. Wife I say this without a hint of hostility to you. If you really find that
living in America is hard for you because you cannot perform your
religious duties then you should live in Saudia Arabia or Algeria or
anywhere in the Muslim world. Why choose America? Go where you feel
you can be a true Muslim woman. Why should the United States close up
there shops on Fridays? Why should a Montana cattle rancher celebrate
Ramadan with you? Muslims only make 0.4% of the population. Jews make
1.5%. Jews are more numerous so that means all Americans should
celebrate the Saturday Sabbath with them. Christians in some Muslim
dominated countries make a larger percentage of the population then
Muslims do here why don't Muslims celebrate with their Christian
compatriots? It's a very simple decision. Is economic benefits in America
better or a purer way of life in Jeddah for you more important. It's is your
choice really.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2007 at 3:34am

I just wanted to pick up on something Salams_wife said. I hope you are not including the UK in your list of countries regarding the immigrants. We do allow them to come here and settle, and work like the rest of us. There is a huge gap between British and Asian communities still, but not as the fault of the British Government. We are strict with anyone who does not follow the rules ie illegals, though we should be more strict. Muslim women can wear the hijab in most work places, and employers do allow their workers to go for Friday prayers. I have to say though that many muslims abuse this and take extra time to socialise after prayers. I dont feel this is right, but thats my view. Islam is freely taught in schools, along with other religions, and ramadan and Eid is recognised as important to muslims. There are a growing number of muslim politicians. Any disturbance of the peace is usually kept between rival muslim gangs, so we generally dont see the rioting as happens in France. Of course we are only a small country, and dont have religious belts as the US, so it is probably easier here in some ways.  It's a shame that the US being a world super power, has so many internal issues. It must be hard sometimes for you salam's_wife.

OK back to the topic. My previous comments were Bible based. These in themselves become part of history at some point. But as much as possible I stear clear of politics. That subject never satisfies anyone, and we keep going over old ground. But thats my opinion.I realise that the Jews have yet to accept Jesus as the Son of GOd. And I dont know if they realise about the final gathering in Israel. I only mentioned the Jews, because of the Bible connection. I have yet to understand if muslims were mentioned in the Bible regarding the last days.

I do know that the Dome of the Rock is significant for both Jews and Muslims. Many years back when I was in Israel I visited it, and also the Wailing Wall. Yes, I did pray at the Wailing Wall, and left a note in the wall as is permitted(well it was then,dont know now)

I know I have kept my answer very brief again. And I have probably left out more important details again And I'm very happy when someone corrects me. Its the best way to learn isnt it? Unfortunately I dont have foresight to anothers reaction when I post here.So bear with me if I seem dumb sometimes. My intentions are always well meant.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic