IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - closing new posts on the same subject  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedclosing new posts on the same subject

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Topic: closing new posts on the same subject
    Posted: 16 December 2007 at 4:33pm
Salaamu Alaykum Brother Peacemaker,

If you look at the dates of the topics, Angela's topic about the Saudi Girl being raped was begun November 20, while Israfil's was begun November 22nd yet you closed hers saying there was already a topic started on the same subject. 

That's okay.  We're all only human after all, right?

Peace

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 4:51pm
I was thinking the same thing herjihad.  Thanks for pointing that out.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 5:57am
Originally posted by Salams_wife Salams_wife wrote:

I was thinking the same thing herjihad.  Thanks for pointing that out.

You're welcome, Sister.

I would like to make a special note that this is a Comment, and therefore welcome all Comments from members.

Salaams.
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 11:03am

Assalamu Alaikum,

I would describe it briefly. There are normally many factors ( more than just one ) when a thread is closed. There is a thread in the Current Events section on this topic, the place where such matters should be started/posted and discussed.

Looking at other aspects, both threads contained good discussions as well as violations . . . I don�t want to go in details here.

Bottom line is that there is a thread on this topic at the right place where discussion can go on and in fact, it goes on.

The original post in this thread indicates that it is addressed to moderator peacemaker. Such threads, regardless of how you interpret it, are complaint threads where a moderator/administrator must take part to clarify the matter; comment threads are where such a participation is not necessitated.

It is imperative that we all comply with guidelines:

Guidelines

May Allah guide us all.

I wish, everyone, a happy Eid.

Peace

P.S. Sister herjihad, I appreciate the font size in your second post, and you could have had the same in your first post as well.

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum,

I would describe it briefly. There are normally many factors ( more than just one ) when a thread is closed. There is a thread in the Current Events section on this topic, the place where such matters should be started/posted and discussed.

Looking at other aspects, both threads contained good discussions as well as violations . . . I don�t want to go in details here.

Bottom line is that there is a thread on this topic at the right place where discussion can go on and in fact, it goes on.

The original post in this thread indicates that it is addressed to moderator peacemaker. Such threads, regardless of how you interpret it, are complaint threads where a moderator/administrator must take part to clarify the matter; comment threads are where such a participation is not necessitated.

It is imperative that we all comply with guidelines:

Guidelines

May Allah guide us all.

I wish, everyone, a happy Eid.

Peace

P.S. Sister herjihad, I appreciate the font size in your second post, and you could have had the same in your first post as well.

Salaamu Alaykum,

Brother, I disagree with those reasons you listed.  When Israfil started his post, Angela's was there, and he saw that, but chose to open the same topic, and has done so many times.  Angela put it in the Sisters section for a reason.  All topics are relevant to Sisters or Brothers if that is the audience the person is specifically addressing.

Hmm.  It must have a response as a complaint when I put your name in it?  I'm not privy to the moderator list of MUSTS, so I hadn't realized that.

Do you have a link to that list of guidelines?

Us old folks get carried away with wanting to see the stuff we're typing sometimes.

Y'all have a Happy Eed!  I know I am not looking forward to the three hour long drive...
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 4:46pm

peacemaker stop being so pendantic and its not fair on us members and you make it hard participating.

And stop making things as you go along, many reasons you put down is not in the guidelines. It is unfair with your interprations, People know the guideline and yet there is always something you bring along to it that is not in the guidelines, made up. We try to stick to the guidelines the best we can (and yes sometimes things aren't accordingly) but everytime you come and put a reason like the above which is no reason at all (closing it despite a later thread in the supposedly right area is nonsense) but you just being fussing and very particular! And anyway that topic can be anywhere, current events the womans' or about the law, or intrafaith. You are being too head strong with it, guidelines are just that its not some law!

It's gettting very tiring that you move and close threads that do not need to be. And yes some threads could go elsewhere. And another thing I thought decisions were group made amongst the moderators.

Stop with the "there were many violations made" talking naturally is not a machine. Things happen, people need to talk naturally and not feel that something is going be closed or something.

Just stop being so pendantic with it all. that is all you seem to do and rarely get into discussions themselves. Just relax.

I'm sorry but this gets to me everytime and i think its a bit of injustice to the board members.

Just stick to the guidelines and nothing more. Its frustrating with what's happening!

Again sorry for participating in this thread.

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2007 at 6:36pm

When Israfil started his post, Angela's was there, and he saw that.

How did you know that I had seen Angela's post in the first place? Perhaps it is with human error that I overlooked it.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2007 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

peacemaker stop being so pendantic and its not fair on us members and you make it hard participating.

And stop making things as you go along, many reasons you put down is not in the guidelines. It is unfair with your interprations, People know the guideline and yet there is always something you bring along to it that is not in the guidelines, made up. We try to stick to the guidelines the best we can (and yes sometimes things aren't accordingly) but everytime you come and put a reason like the above which is no reason at all (closing it despite a later thread in the supposedly right area is nonsense) but you just being fussing and very particular! And anyway that topic can be anywhere, current events the womans' or about the law, or intrafaith. You are being too head strong with it, guidelines are just that its not some law!

It's gettting very tiring that you move and close threads that do not need to be. And yes some threads could go elsewhere. And another thing I thought decisions were group made amongst the moderators.

Stop with the "there were many violations made" talking naturally is not a machine. Things happen, people need to talk naturally and not feel that something is going be closed or something.

Just stop being so pendantic with it all. that is all you seem to do and rarely get into discussions themselves. Just relax.

I'm sorry but this gets to me everytime and i think its a bit of injustice to the board members.

Just stick to the guidelines and nothing more. Its frustrating with what's happening!

Again sorry for participating in this thread.

You should not have taken part here in the first place; you did and behaved so rudely. Rules are for everyone. I have interpreted these rules at times, and you ignore them.

Consider this a warning!

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic