IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Was Jesus married?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Was Jesus married?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 1:03pm
Interesting topic,
as a matter of fact we do not have any reliable source to confirm or deny that Jesus was married.
However, as someone holding prophetic office and as a teacher, like all of God's prophets who lived an example for others to follow, it will seem nieve to think that he would stay single. That to me seem unnatural of a charachteristic for a prophet of God.
Only God knows the truth, and we will have to wait until He reveals that to us.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 7:53pm
salaam

this struck me as i was reading for another topic.

in jewish tradition or even jewish law i once was told that it was the women in the dead persons immediate family responsibility to annoint and prepare the body after death.
so if this is true..... WHAT IS MARY MAGDALENE DOING THERE?WHO WAS SHE TO BE ABLE TO BE A PART IN THIS " FAMILY ONLY RITE?? the other women here are his mother mary{"mother of james" his brother} and SALOME his sister. so who is MARY MAGDALENE to be in such company??

is this biblical proof of his marrage?

MARK 16
1When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body. 2Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb 3and they asked each other, "Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?"
love
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 14 July 2009 at 8:20pm
love for all conquers all
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:52pm
interesting point
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Could you explain in easier terms please. Do you consider that Jesus could have been married?

Only a 144,000 of his follower will make up his symbolic wife and become kings with him in heaven to form the kingdom of God!
WHAT?
Akhe Abdullah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhe Abdullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by seekn seekn wrote:

Assalamu Alikum,

"Many Ahadith specify that after his
descension he will get married and have children and remain on the earth for a
period of 19 years after his marriage." - According to Shaykh Ahmad Ali Al Ma'hadul Islami - Islamic
Academyhttp://www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html#marriage
"After his descension on earth, Hadhrat
Isa (A.S.) will marry. He will have children, and he will remain on earth 19
years after marriage. He will pass away and Muslims will perform his Janaza
Salaat and bury him net to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). (Tirmidhi)http://www.central-mosque.com/signs/TheComingOfIsa.htm - under Topic; "
His Marriage, Death
and Deputies"

Wa Alaikum As Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu.Welcome to Icf!JazakAllah Kheiran for your rely.Will Isa(AS)marry the nuns?
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 10:27pm
Interesting this topic has re-surfaced after so longSmile

I think we all accept that the Bible has parts missing and could explain why the marriage of Jesus (if there was one) is not mentioned.

To me it would make sense if he had a wife. All other prophets had so why not him. Despite being a previous Christian I never believed that Jesus was God. Some Christian religions do, but the one I followed did not.

Jesus certainly had other half siblings..real  children from the marriage of Mary and Joseph.
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 2:55pm

I think we all accept that the Bible has parts missing and could explain why the marriage of Jesus (if there was one) is not mentioned.

To me it would make sense if he had a wife. All other prophets had so why not him. Despite being a previous Christian I never believed that Jesus was God. Some Christian religions do, but the one I followed did not.

Jesus certainly had other half siblings..real  children from the marriage of Mary and Joseph.

Any proof that Jesus had half siblings or it is based on" 'These are my mother and my brothers. Whoever does the will of God is my brother, and sister, and mother.'" This is a generalized situation about any group of believers!

If Mary had more chidren than the whole Virgin Mary cult would be moot!

IMHO Jesus's birth without sperm was a clear sign to the Israelite that it was an of the road of prophet hood in their
line and the next one would be in Ishmaelites!
If you notice the Israelites had been getting the prophets in father/son or brother/ brother combos...
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Any proof that Jesus had half siblings or it is based on" 'These are my mother and my brothers. Whoever does the will of God is my brother, and sister, and mother.'" This is a generalized situation about any group of believers!

If Mary had more chidren than the whole Virgin Mary cult would be moot!

IMHO Jesus's birth without sperm was a clear sign to the Israelite that it was an of the road of prophet hood in their
line and the next one would be in Ishmaelites!
If you notice the Israelites had been getting the prophets in father/son or brother/ brother combos...
peace
here some quotes to help clear things up on this.

Mark 6:3
Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?� So they were offended at Him.
Mark 6:2-4 (in Context) Mark 6 (Whole Chapter)

Mark 15:40
There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the Less and of Joses, and Salome,

love for all conquers all
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic