IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ibn Baz Wakes His Children For Salah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ibn Baz Wakes His Children For Salah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2007 at 6:26pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Bro Andalus,

You are so right there are many who cherish their works (the wahabi scholars) and many who bury them and I guess as far as the scholars are concerned I do tend to get emotional. 

There is far too much scholar bashing on the internet for the past few years��okay you say you are not bashing the wahabi scholars and they say they are not bashing the Bid'ah scholars��..to me both are bashing each other. That hurts.

Maybe your intention is good, they also say their intention is good��Insha Allah, Allah will be the final judge.

At the end of the day, we all can choose what to read and what to trash and we are only accountable for ourselves���but a word of caution to myself firstly and then to the rest of the members of this forum. We will also be accountable for each and every letter we type, our hands, feet, eyes ears, all our faculties are going to bear witness for or against us. So beware brothers and sisters.

Bro Knowledge, you posted a very good Dua. May Allah reward you for sharing it with us. Ameen! You know the more negative articles I read about any scholar, it arouses my curiosity to read more about them. I end up respecting them more than the scholars who wrote the negative articles about them. For me it works both ways.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala bless us with useful knowledge. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2007 at 4:43pm
This topic was posted in order to increase the love and respect for the Sheikh. If your not going to say words with this in mind, then don't say any at all because that would only incease the chances of fitnah.

I advise all, including myself to fear Allahu subhanahu wa ta'ala.
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2007 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum

Bro Andulus, I still don�t understand your immense dislike for the wahabi scholars as you call them.

It is not personal. It is not the individuals per say, or what kind of people they were. It is about the ideology they espouse which is the anti thesis to over a thousand years of scholarship that has served Muslims for generations. It is the anti thesis to solid pieces of work that we now call the four madhabs which is the product of centuries of scholarship by people who were experts in their field and fulfilled the qualifications and standards set into place by the ulema to ensure that "muqliids" would have actual experts to go to, no different than one would want if one were to seek out a surgeon or engineer or a baker.

Being that they are the anti thesis to a methdology that is at the foundation of what millions follow and ahere to, the real question should be, why do you support and promote such men who represent such an ideology.

There are many in the Muslim world who cherish their works����give it a break brother.

And there are millions more who would like to bury their works.

And it was only that oil money was in abundance that any of their works ever saw the light of day. Kitab A Tawheed, Fiqh Assunah, or any of the works by the self trained muhadithun Albani, are thought of by a minority as being actual classics is due to the massive oil money that went behind their translating and production and distribution, while not deemed as much as a serious read by any reputable scholar of the four schools of fiqh.

Shaikh ibn Baz (Rahimahullah) has already met His Lord, you still have time to repent���make good use of that time.

May Allah forgive us for our foolishness. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

Sister, I completely respect you, and I am always refreshed by your good will and honesty, and you are so right on so many different levels with the above statement, and on a lot of other things you say and contribute to this fourm. But in this context, we simply cannot appeal to emotion.

Assalam Aleikum

Edited by Andalus
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Please move this topic back to where it was because this is not the appropriate section for it.

Assalamu Alaikum,

Brother, with all due respect, this is where such discussions belong. May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 10:52am

As Salamu Alaikum

Bro Andulus, I still don�t understand your immense dislike for the wahabi scholars as you call them.

There are many in the Muslim world who cherish their works����give it a break brother.

Shaikh ibn Baz (Rahimahullah) has already met His Lord, you still have time to repent���make good use of that time.

May Allah forgive us for our foolishness. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Assalam Aleikum.

He was a wahabi cleric who's views are highly controversial. He was part of a crowd who indulged in heresy and attempted to assert the Ummah has been in error for centuries, except for him and his friends, and Ibn Taymiyyah, and Abdl Wahab, the main source of their views, which are usually minority opinions.

I agree that Sheikh Ibn Baaz has some wrong opinions and fatawa, but every human, including the best of shuyukh, makes mistakes.

No one is saying that the man was immoral, or irreligous, or dumb, etc, etc. No one is claiming that he is wrong because he was not perfect. The problem with bin baaz is not that he was fallible, or that a scholar must be infallible, the problem is that he advocated ideas that were in line with a sect that has created so much fitnah. He also was openly a member of this sect. His mistakes were from a matter of his choice to follow misguidance, not from simply being fallible.

He also had a lot of knowledge and good qualities, one of which is pointed out in my first post.

His knowledge might have been good, but what does it avail him when he dissented from 1000 years of scholarship, supported a heresy, put out fatwas that created fitnah. If a man's methdology to derive religou rulings is based upon an ideology that is contraversial, then how does a muqliid shuffle through his views and discern between the good and the fallacious? The threat of misguidance dictates that the logical path is to go to sources that, might have a mistake secondary to an author who was fallible, rather than secondary to a theologically bankrupt ideology.

The idea of groups of scholars who have worked for generations in the religous sciences decreases the odds that mistakes have crept in. This is in contrast to an ideology that everyone has been wrong fro centuries and so a couple of handful of men will correct what everyone lese was unable to to in a century and a half.

Make 70 excuses for you brother in din and ask Allah to forgive him and be pleased with him.

contextually, you bet!

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 11:29am
Please move this topic back to where it was because this is not the appropriate section for it.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Assalam Aleikum.

He was a wahabi cleric who's views are highly controversial. He was part of a crowd who indulged in heresy and attempted to assert the Ummah has been in error for centuries, except for him and his friends, and Ibn Taymiyyah, and Abdl Wahab, the main source of their views, which are usually minority opinions.

��

I agree that Sheikh Ibn Baaz has some wrong opinions and fatawa, but every human, including the best of shuyukh, makes mistakes.

He also had a lot of knowledge and good qualities, one of which is pointed out in my first post.

Make 70 excuses for you brother in din and ask Allah to forgive him and be pleased with him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic