IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For Pobre Marthas of our world  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFor Pobre Marthas of our world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Pobre Marthas of our world
    Posted: 13 December 2007 at 2:56pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

Without personal attacks and name-calling, the discussion would have been great; it is sad to see all this happen here; something that could have been avoided. May Allah guide us all.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 12:47pm

Let me start my response with the following quote: Your post has
immediately sunk to new depths of ugliness with assurances of insults to
come!

Now allow me to set the record straight. Someone who says: You pretend to be a Muslim while hugging idols, flags and and other bulls.

Is uncalled for point blank. Just because I share a different belief politically, socially, or religiously opposite of someone else does not give anyone the right to challenge someone else's religious faith. So I'm "pretending to be Muslim" because I don't have the same views as you? Interesting coming from someone who supposedly has a clear conscious. So yes Duende I'm going to respond nasty when my own personal beliefs are challenged because they are called "personal beliefs." I know Whisper is your friend so obviously you as a Muslim will not condemn this act. I know I say a lot of things and many of you take them negatively, but what I will not do is make personal attacks about someone else's religious faith. This takes dicussion beyond the realm of dialogue into personal slander.

Whatever happened to Muslims not judging each others deen? Whatever happened to fearing Allah?

Now let me say again that any member regardless who they are wishes to make personal attacks on me of course I'm going to bring it 10x fold and I will hurt peoples feelings definitely. Let me tell everyone the kind of person I am so you have an understanding of what kind of person I am. In real life, I'm one of the most nicest guys you will ever meet. If I know you I will invite you in my house and take care of you. If you're my friend I am willing to put my life on the line for you with thought. Now, of course we all have human tendencies to say the wrong things and these tendencies sometimes blind us to reason and I know many times here and in real life I'm guilty of that.

But the slanderous things I've experienced in my life and on here I will not tolerate especially those who maliciously challenge my faith. I take my faith in God really serious and of course, many of you do not see that (because I choose to seperate the seriousness of my faith in God from internet chat). When individuals cross the line between online dialogue to personal slander ( I become worse than the individual promoting the slander). When I am personally attacked,  I will not only talk about you, I will take about anything you associate with (country, ethnic group, language whatever) yes I know it sounds uglu and contradicts what I personally believe. But, because I interpret personal attacks as challenging the fabric of my personal beliefs I stand for (I find some beliefs to be interconnected) I will feel that you are not only challenging my faith but everyone that has structured my faith (yes my beliefs are complex-but so are humans). But personally, I feel online discussions shouldn't have to come to that really. For the most part majority of us are able to reason and let things go and I will let things go here.

All I'm saying to Whisper is to keep his mouth shut (in this case his fingers) about who is Muslim and who is not. I will make the first step and apologize to forum members including whisper on my outburst. It was unprofessional, unethical, and ignorant. It was childish and did not benefit me at all except become angry. With respect to the "redundant" posts I still feel that way because the "proof is in the pudding." However in political discussions with respect to Western Powers I will make an effort to not become involved. I hope everyone in the forum will accept my apology for my behavior (including Whisper) and if you choose not to accept that is your choice.

All I ask members here is to respect my beliefs and keep their personal feelings to themselves. It also serves as a warning to members in the sense of being careful who you attack. This not only goes for others but including myself. I'm always "God conscious" and I know I will be held accountable for what I say here and I sincerely hope God forgives me.

As'Salaamu Alaikum ya Muslimeen wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Edited by Israfil
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 8:22am
Whisper, don't start another thread, please.
Angel, thanks a million for giving me a reason to stop. I was already thinking why would I spend so much of my energy on anyone who has lost his ability to understand anything of concern to others?
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2007 at 8:19am

Look, you want to make a difference run for a political party in whatever country you reside in and I'll vote for you.

My friend, an absolutely interesting thought, it would work for some who aren't already in a position to make the difference without leaning on votes or someone's approval of some other kind.

We are making far greater a difference than you might realise in our own way. I know, it's hard for you to understand that some people do take up a position for far stronger reasons than some subtle emotional whatever you said!

I will post, from now, not 10 but 30 posts evey single day about the US and her crimes - TILL THE US OCCUPIES MY LAND AND KEEPS KILLING MY PEOPLE.

If you don't like it, please, knock at the doors of those (closer home) who are doing it in your name.

It's your chance to make a difference even without even getting into an election.

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 4:56pm

In keeping with certain parts of Sign*Reader�s post (and because I think he'll be able to appreciate it):

William Polk wrote:
A National Geographic Society survey showed that only 13% of American college students could find Iraq on a map on the eve of the 2003 war. As a former head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral William Crowe, wryly remarked, �Wars are God�s way of teaching Americans geography.�

By the way, for those who might be wondering, when I said that Whisper, by writing his opening post, has probably forfeited his invitation to Grillions dining club, I took the reference from one of my (political) girlfriends, the late Hannah Arendt, who described Benjamin Disraeli�s successful attempt, it turns out, to work his way into the until then �restricted� dining club. (I am not sure, but I think that he managed to get admission to the dining club before he declared Queen Victoria the Empress of India.)

Hannah Arendt wrote:
Political success never satisfied him [Disraeli].  It was more difficult and more important to be admitted to London�s society than to conquer the House of Commons, and it was certainly a greater triumph to be elected a member of Grillion�s dining club � �a select coterie of which it has been customary to make rising politicians of both parties, but from which the socially objectionable are rigorously excluded� �than to be Her Majesty�s Minister.

Serv

1) http://hnn.us/articles/14828.html

2) Arendt, Hannah, The Origins of Totalitarianism, Harcourt, Brace & world, Inc., New York, 1951, p. 71

�Racism and Imperialism work in tandem and poverty is their handmaiden.�  (Ambalavaner Sivanandan)

Edited by Servetus
palistine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 1:29pm

It would be a gesture of respect if we all did held a moment of silence for those who had perished in this dark and gruesome age of our time. However, we should find a feasible solution rather than bickering about problems that disunite and perpetuate endlessly in eyes of imperial masters. Nevertheless, a rich post.

Peace, Palestine

Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 6:35am
I nominate Angel as Moderator. She's far more on the ball.

(Hellooo...any mods out there...?no? Didn't think so .....)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 6:22am

Sign reader, please don�t spend time in analyzing the thread so you can hit out more about israfil, I�m sure you got better things to do. If its not about Britain and India then I am liable to come back to you mentioning that you are derailing the thread also.

I can see that your new favourite word is knucklehead.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic