IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For Pobre Marthas of our world  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFor Pobre Marthas of our world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Pobre Marthas of our world
    Posted: 02 December 2007 at 7:17am

We all love jokes.

But, I love nothing more than good historical jokes. And, I came across one that could even beat the joke of the year; Mush�s speech on being sworn in as the President of Paquiland! (wonder if you have readit?)

This joke is about India and her past.

Someone seems to be not just implying, but asserting as if India has always been like our good old Brits left it after their near perfect mutilation of the place.

Path of history is a very strange one and if we care to look at it, with just a wee fine intellectual tools, we find that all invaders and occupier were in fact the same, with mere nominal variations of the bit here and a wee bit there kind.

They were always invaders and occupiers and our good ol� Brits were no different than anyone of their day.

The question about India is very simple.

Why was every Tom, Dick and Christopher Columbus dying to find a direct overnight beeline sort of a route to that country? Our Christopher did manage to reach just a wee this side of that fabled land called India. But please refrain your laughter at his founding of the West Indies as at least it does breed good Cricketers!

Was the whole world be trying to get to India had it been some worn out Ford Fiesta left somewhere in the middle of a football pitch, by naughty kids, after their post binge drinking joy ride?

No.

It was just because India had been the world�s largest single economy since the 14th century. She turned out 72% of the Global Produce. Must apologise, this produce didn�t include mobile phones or plasma televisions, but nevertheless it was 72% of the global produce.

India was the richest single nation on our then known earth.

I don�t know what Navajo Indians were doing in that day, but I definitely know the conditions that existed in any London, Lisbon or Paris of that period. And, I would refrain from talking about any such appalling conditions just out of a sense of pity or, you could even count me in as saying out of plain simple disgust.

India was a balanced society, with her own very rich culture.

And, as if all of that could have been attained without a well ground education system? is the joke! This system served her people, of all colours, all shades, all nationalities and not to forget, all religions, well. This system was destroyed because some Lord Macauley had to plant something that would serve just the Westminster.

The other good joke is: the Brits set up hospitals!

It reads as if los pobre Indianos hadn�t had the world�s finest health care system and for some unknown centuries? (Though, I am tempted to ask if these hospitals were set up by the Oxfam? Or, were paid for by some Mike Smith�s tax-deductible contributions, from somewhere in Somerset?)

India had a whole string of such health systems.

Shall we just count the Ayurvedic and the Tibbiya as the two best known systems for now? These systems evolved through centuries of her peaceful history � prior to the arrival of the great angels and their hospitales.

Both of these systems run without any SIDE EFFECTS.

And, today, all educated and well-informed world is trying to switch back to these systems, though these are now known as the Alternative Therapies!

India was a place in which people of all shades, of all religions and of more than 82 different nationalities did co-exist for around 1071 years and almost in a near ideal manner. Yes, there was always an odd incident here and a bit of a row there, but in general, the society on the whole reached their own adjustments, from within and went bye enjoying their gifts.

The Brits crept in, with just a nominal trade concession and set up a nominal cowshed type of a warehouse, at Pondechari circa 1770. They swore (I have no idea on what) that their sole aim was to trade with this great country and make just bit of dosh for the poor folks at home.

But, in fact, they were smuggling guns.

Must have had some other designs. Somehow the great train Robbers and a few other criminals spring to mind!

The East India Company would not have had a single pence invested in it if the prospect wasn�t the best in that era. I will skip slimy Clive�s role in all of this, that will need a whole volume to see how thieves and crooks are converted into Lords when they rob others.

In 1857, all nationalities, from across India arose against the Brits.

This First war of Indian Independence was crushed for a horde of reasons, primarily, by the occupiers� superior firepower.

Mayo Commission was set up in 1861.

This commission decided to act on the partition plan in 1894 �exactly, by sowing hatred at the district level. Refer to the Gazettes of Imperial India to find out what tactics were deployed. I am not going to waste my time in pasting 1000s of pages here.

One of the posters, I believe, from that part of the world seems to have added a bit of massala to this joke, by adding that the Brits allowed everyone to practice their religion freely!

What a poor implication as if all others who were in India before them didn�t?

I am a bit tied up right at this minute with a whole range of items at hand.

I wish I had the time to present the Brit role in sabotaging the Mid East peace has been from the date of the Balfour Letter through the various stage of their duplicity in the Twice Promised land!

I won�t have the time even to expose Brit atrocities in Africa, not just in massacring hundreds of thousands of Jomo Kenyata�s (Mau Mau) supporters, but also their hand in their Sudan campaigns.

I would be interested in knowing who first authorised the use of Mustard Gas and aerial bombardment of civilians?

-         No need to Google it. It was Winston Churchill who sanction the death of 60,000 Iraqis in 1922

-         But of course in the National Interest!

If any Brits wish ever to speak with me on any matters of their superior conduct, please, do that only once you have dealt with your latest crimes against humanity champion: Tony Blair.

Also, please, I must inform you that I am an Afghan, the Brits tried to occupy us twice, once in 1843 and then again in 1883. We finished off the 16,000 strong invading army, but just let Colonel Bryden off - with a special message for the British Crown, inscribe on his back, in an indelible dye.

This worked and they never ventured again.

But it seems, they had forgotten the most vital lesson of history and have invaded us again after a whole 118 years (in 2001), perhaps, under the illusions of their special relationship with los Amrecanos!.

That vital lesson of history is just plain and simple:

You can never occupy those who are willing to die for their freedom!

I would request the pobre Marthas of our world to do a bit of real history, away from the one purveyed by some daily Mail or the Mirror, before replying to this post.

Edited by Whisper
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

We all love jokes.

But, I love nothing more than good historical jokes. And, I came across one that could even beat the joke of the year; Mush�s speech on being sworn in as the President of Paquiland! (wonder if you have readit?)

This joke is about India and her past.

Someone seems to be not just implying, but asserting as if India has always been like our good old Brits left it after their near perfect mutilation of the place.

Path of history is a very strange one and if we care to look at it, with just a wee fine intellectual tools, we find that all invaders and occupier were in fact the same, with mere nominal variations of the bit here and a wee bit there kind.

They were always invaders and occupiers and our good ol� Brits were no different than anyone of their day.

The question about India is very simple.

Why was every Tom, Dick and Christopher Columbus dying to find a direct overnight beeline sort of a route to that country? Our Christopher did manage to reach just a wee this side of that fabled land called India. But please refrain your laughter at his founding of the West Indies as at least it does breed good Cricketers!

Was the whole world be trying to get to India had it been some worn out Ford Fiesta left somewhere in the middle of a football pitch, by naughty kids, after their post binge drinking joy ride?

No.

It was just because India had been the world�s largest single economy since the 14th century. She turned out 72% of the Global Produce. Must apologise, this produce didn�t include mobile phones or plasma televisions, but nevertheless it was 72% of the global produce.

India was the richest single nation on our then known earth.

I don�t know what Navajo Indians were doing in that day, but I definitely know the conditions that existed in any London, Lisbon or Paris of that period. And, I would refrain from talking about any such appalling conditions just out of a sense of pity or, you could even count me in as saying out of plain simple disgust.

India was a balanced society, with her own very rich culture.

And, as if all of that could have been attained without a well ground education system? is the joke! This system served her people, of all colours, all shades, all nationalities and not to forget, all religions, well. This system was destroyed because some Lord Macauley had to plant something that would serve just the Westminster.

The other good joke is: the Brits set up hospitals!

It reads as if los pobre Indianos hadn�t had the world�s finest health care system and for some unknown centuries? (Though, I am tempted to ask if these hospitals were set up by the Oxfam? Or, were paid for by some Mike Smith�s tax-deductible contributions, from somewhere in Somerset?)

India had a whole string of such health systems.

Shall we just count the Ayurvedic and the Tibbiya as the two best known systems for now? These systems evolved through centuries of her peaceful history � prior to the arrival of the great angels and their hospitales.

Both of these systems run without any SIDE EFFECTS.

And, today, all educated and well-informed world is trying to switch back to these systems, though these are now known as the Alternative Therapies!

India was a place in which people of all shades, of all religions and of more than 82 different nationalities did co-exist for around 1071 years and almost in a near ideal manner. Yes, there was always an odd incident here and a bit of a row there, but in general, the society on the whole reached their own adjustments, from within and went bye enjoying their gifts.

The Brits crept in, with just a nominal trade concession and set up a nominal cowshed type of a warehouse, at Pondechari circa 1770. They swore (I have no idea on what) that their sole aim was to trade with this great country and make just bit of dosh for the poor folks at home.

But, in fact, they were smuggling guns.

Must have had some other designs. Somehow the great train Robbers and a few other criminals spring to mind!

The East India Company would not have had a single pence invested in it if the prospect wasn�t the best in that era. I will skip slimy Clive�s role in all of this, that will need a whole volume to see how thieves and crooks are converted into Lords when they rob others.

In 1857, all nationalities, from across India arose against the Brits.

This First war of Indian Independence was crushed for a horde of reasons, primarily, by the occupiers� superior firepower.

Mayo Commission was set up in 1861.

This commission decided to act on the partition plan in 1894 �exactly, by sowing hatred at the district level. Refer to the Gazettes of Imperial India to find out what tactics were deployed. I am not going to waste my time in pasting 1000s of pages here.

One of the posters, I believe, from that part of the world seems to have added a bit of massala to this joke, by adding that the Brits allowed everyone to practice their religion freely!

What a poor implication as if all others who were in India before them didn�t?

I am a bit tied up right at this minute with a whole range of items at hand.

I wish I had the time to present the Brit role in sabotaging the Mid East peace has been from the date of the Balfour Letter through the various stage of their duplicity in the Twice Promised land!

I won�t have the time even to expose Brit atrocities in Africa, not just in massacring hundreds of thousands of Jomo Kenyata�s (Mau Mau) supporters, but also their hand in their Sudan campaigns.

I would be interested in knowing who first authorised the use of Mustard Gas and aerial bombardment of civilians?

-         No need to Google it. It was Winston Churchill who sanction the death of 60,000 Iraqis in 1922

-         But of course in the National Interest!

If any Brits wish ever to speak with me on any matters of their superior conduct, please, do that only once you have dealt with your latest crimes against humanity champion: Tony Blair.

Also, please, I must inform you that I am an Afghan, the Brits tried to occupy us twice, once in 1843 and then again in 1883. We finished off the 16,000 strong invading army, but just let Colonel Bryden off - with a special message for the British Crown, inscribe on his back, in an indelible dye.

This worked and they never ventured again.

But it seems, they had forgotten the most vital lesson of history and have invaded us again after a whole 118 years (in 2001), perhaps, under the illusions of their special relationship with los Amrecanos!.

That vital lesson of history is just plain and simple:

You can never occupy those who are willing to die for their freedom!

I would request the Marthas of our world to do a bit of real history, away from the one purveyed by some daily Mail or the Mirror, before replying to this post.

Salaamu Alaykum Sister Martha,

When I first became a member of Islamicity, I was taken aback by some of the things I read since so much of it was anti-American, and for hundreds of years, that is my family's home.  But Brother Whisper doesn't bash things idly.  Some people, whom I won't name, go on needlessly without any sense or reason, hating any and everything that we do.  But the things that Brother Whisper puts in front of us are backed by facts.  I took the time to research things I had never heard of -- which that list could go on and on considering all of the time and devotion my country's education system puts on learning the excruciating details of things like the Civil War over and over and over year after year while ignoring histories of other places, including England except where it directly relates to Ameria, until high school.

So I learned about Balochistan.  I researched it.  Understanding world politics is a lot simpler when we follow the gas and oil and other resources that big, strong countries like America and Russia and Iran, would like to have and are willing to take from those weaker than themselves, or even worse, are willing to make those countries weak by any means necessary to be able to take those resources from their rightful owners at a much decreased price of, free, or worse, with the blood of their poor citizens, who think they are fighting for peace or other things.

This is a beautiful piece, Brother.  Thank you!
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 7:40am
oops.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 9:37am

The problem is not that Whisper is wrong in his beliefs, but it is the fact that it becomes repetitive. It almost seems like the brother has a "thousand and one" things to say about world politics which is fine, but when I see thread after thread after thread with him as the author, it looks more like spam than an actual thread we can discuss in. It is better to be more considerate of others who want to discuss something, political or otherwise than to spam the whole thread with in my opinion, pointless dialect about what the U.S. and others have done. Especially since most of his posts are political they should go in the appropriate section not here in the general.

The trouble with political beliefs here is Muslims are willing to disassociate themselves with others Muslims because of those beliefs. We all disagree on some things and we agree on some things however when certain beliefs are expressed here as a point to attack other members and their national origin it becomes ridiculous. How would you guys like it (and it has happened before) if someone spammed how much Islam is wrong here? I'm sure the moderators would jump in obviously since this is Muslim website. But what if such activities were allowed? Or what if a poster constantly posted threads that simply argued against the principles of Islam but in a most gentle way?

I think all of us would have a big problem with it. The porblem with politics is that people will never be satisfied with anything. I remember before Condolezza Rice became Secretary of Defense her name was barely mentioned. Now when Colin Powell left, now she has become the target of criticism here. Now that we have come to the end oh Bush's term, I'm sure the next president if he or she is not supportive of our ideologies will be the butt of criticism here as well. This is why politics especially for those of us who are not in the profession is dumb to discuss. More importantly its good to share facts on currevent events but its also more important to put appropriate topics in the appropriate places.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

The problem is not that Whisper is wrong in his beliefs, but it is the fact that it becomes repetitive. It almost seems like the brother has a "thousand and one" things to say about world politics which is fine, but when I see thread after thread after thread with him as the author, it looks more like spam than an actual thread we can discuss in. It is better to be more considerate of others who want to discuss something, political or otherwise than to spam the whole thread with in my opinion, pointless dialect about what the U.S. and others have done. Especially since most of his posts are political they should go in the appropriate section not here in the general.

The trouble with political beliefs here is Muslims are willing to disassociate themselves with others Muslims because of those beliefs. We all disagree on some things and we agree on some things however when certain beliefs are expressed here as a point to attack other members and their national origin it becomes ridiculous. How would you guys like it (and it has happened before) if someone spammed how much Islam is wrong here? I'm sure the moderators would jump in obviously since this is Muslim website. But what if such activities were allowed? Or what if a poster constantly posted threads that simply argued against the principles of Islam but in a most gentle way?

I think all of us would have a big problem with it. The porblem with politics is that people will never be satisfied with anything. I remember before Condolezza Rice became Secretary of Defense her name w
as barely mentioned. Now when Colin Powell left, now she has become the target of criticism here. Now that we have come to the end oh Bush's term, I'm sure the next president if he or she is not supportive of our ideologies will be the butt of criticism here as well. This is why politics especially for those of us who are not in the profession is dumb to discuss. More importantly its good to share facts on currevent events but its also more important to put appropriate topics in the appropriate places.

Salaamu Alaykum,

Spam is posted without thought or comment whereas our Brother Whisper posts with intellectual, meaningful statements intended to encourage dialogue.  

His postings inform, and I enjoy reading them.  If I don't always have a comment to make, or the time to make a comment, I still read a lot of his posts; therefore, he is making points, maybe just not with you.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 11:53am
It has nothing to do with whether the posts are addressed or have no comment (which I don't know why you believe spam constitutes posts with no comments) to me or whether the posts are informative, heck, I've seen spam which included scientific studies sent to me. Spam encompasses many variables and not necessarily ones which involve mindless posting. What I'm merely saying is that if I see thread after thread after thread by one author, it makes me believe that this author cannot focus on one subject, rather is trying to get his or her point across on several fronts. It is best to first start out with one post and if the author has several other topics, kindly inform respondents that he/she will soon post several topics relating to specific issues. It is not only courtesy, but makes sense versus signing on finding one person with 10 different threads. Brother Whisper has a lot to offer and a lot of information, however it is pointless to post several threads all at once. That to me is spam.

Edited by Israfil
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 11:00pm

The problem is not that Whisper is wrong in his beliefs, but it is the fact that it becomes repetitive.

My friend, these are not my beliefs. These are pure simple straight facts of history. Not of some remote pre-stoneage history, but of pretty recent 19th and the 20th century history. It does flatter me to see you hit the perfectly irrelevant words on seeing my posts.

Brother, it's not political either, but jsut about jokes, sheer jokes spun by our masters, to keep us chained to our brands of patriotism. Jokes born out of our failure or, shall we say, by our perpetual hesitance at calling spades what they really are!

I understand and apprecaite the fact that, at times, we carry such deep shame of our bloodstained flags that the moment anyone mentions anything about a stain, we rush to hit the "hide it" button without even stopping to think, for an iota of a second about the vintage or the exact location of the spot!

My brother, it's very kind of you to invite us (in fact, at times press us) to line up behind you and mourn those stains on your flag, in utter silence. But as humans, you will agree, we hold much greater duty to keep those millions whose blood is spalettered on your such a sacred flag.

My brother, my deep sympathies for you. I would have enjoyed your post more had it been some treatment of these Historical facts. I didn't realise that our Resident Philosopher has dropped to a point where he can now just shout or, at best, slanders all things that fail to hail the Stars n Stripes.

My best regards, nevertheless.

Edited by Whisper
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 11:07pm
And, by the way, the FIRST and FOREMOST duty of any Muslim is to call a Spade a Spade - and denounce NATIONHOOD - in favour of plain simple Huqqooq el Ibaad (Human Rights)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic