IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Return to Ignorance?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Return to Ignorance?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 8:44pm

Assalaamu'alaikum.

There are various ahadeeth on the concept of Islamic leadership, leaders (Imam, Khalif, Amir etc.), loyalty through allegiance and pledge (bay'ah) etc.    

Quote To those who do not accept the Imam of our Age (may Allah hasten his return) to be the leader of all Muslim, then who do you give this exalted leadership position to? Does this refer to the political head of state (i.e., Mr. Mubarak or Mr. Asad)???

In the question above, you seem to be giving only two options: "Either you are with us or...".  Obviously Muslims cannot and should not accept leadership of someone imaginary and non-existent, on the other hand, that should not also mean that such role is to be asigned to Saddam Hussain or King Fahd. Perhaps we, world Muslims,  just do not have one at the moment.  

Imam Muslim (Rahimahullah) has related in his Sahih (3/4553) a Hadith on the authority of Hudhaifa ibn al-Yaman (Allah be pleased with him), who said: 

"People used to ask the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) about the good times, but I used to ask him about (the) bad times fearing lest they overtake me. I said, 'Messenger of Allah, we were in the midst of ignorance and evil, and then Allah brought us this good (time through Islam). Is there any bad time after this good one?' He said, 'Yes'. I asked, 'Will there be a good time again after that bad time?' He said, 'Yes, but therein will be a hidden evil.' I asked, 'What will be the evil hidden therein?' He said, '(That time will witness the rise of) the people who will adopt ways other than mine and seek guidance other than mine. You will know good points as well as bad points.' I asked, 'Will there be a bad time after this good one?' He said, 'Yes. (A time will come) when there will be people standing and inviting at the gates of Hell. Whoso responds to their call, they will throw them into the fire.' I said, 'Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him), describe them for us.' He said, 'All right. They will be a people having the same complexion as ours and speaking our language.' I said, `Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him), what do you suggest if I happen to live in their time?' He said, 'You should stick to the main body of the Muslims and their leader' I said, 'If they have no (such thing as the) main body of the Muslims and have no leader?' He said, 'Separate yourself from all these factions, though you may have to eat the roots of trees until death comes to you and you are in this state.'"

Just an opinion. 

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
Ali Zaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 10:39am

"The Prophet of Islam, peace and blessings be upon him and his family, said: "Whosoever dies without recognizing the Imam of his time dies the death of the Jahiliyyah."[5]

COMMENTARY ON HADITH by the respect scholar Sayyid Mujtaba Musavi Lari

The reason for this is that during the Jahiliyyah pre-Islamic era of ignorance the people were polytheists; they knew nothing of either monotheism or of prophethood. This categorical declaration by the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his family, shows the importance that he assigned to the Imamate, to the degree that if someone fails to place his spiritual life beneath the protective cover of a perfected ruler he is equivalent to one whose whole life was spent in the Jahiliyyah and then went unredeemed to his death."

[5.] Ahmad b. Hanbal, al-Musnad, p. 96.

SOURCE: http://al-islam.org/leadership/

If this hadith is accepted, what does it mean to our Sunni brothers? To those who do not accept the Imam of our Age (may Allah hasten his return) to be the leader of all Muslim, then who do you give this exalted leadership position to? Does this refer to the political head of state (i.e., Mr. Mubarak or Mr. Asad)???

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic