IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Our baby has Down Syndome...advice needed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our baby has Down Syndome...advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 1:24pm
Those are really great points mary68 and I appreciate you telling your story.  You and your husband have a lot of compassion and courage to face such a challenge.  Not many people could have handled that situation.  If you don't mind my asking, were you ever able to carry a healthy baby?
mary68 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mary68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 1:44pm
Yes we were able to.  We had a healthy son before our two daughters and another daughter a few years after them. Thank you for asking. 
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 7:42pm
Thankyou for replying and Thank God for the blessings he gave you, you both certainly deserved them.
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2008 at 6:25pm
Let me just say, I hope your husband fries in Hell for wanting to kill a baby for being born with Down's Syndrome. 
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2008 at 9:47pm

Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

Let me just say, I hope your husband fries in Hell for wanting to kill a baby for being born with Down's Syndrome. 

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by 222dnallohc 222dnallohc wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum,

I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with our second child.  After some testing, we found out that our baby has Down Syndrome.  We have been given the choice as to whether to let the pregnancy continue or not.  Obviously it is forbidden for us to terminate the pregnancy...and I dont want to do that anyway.  My husband unfortunately does not think that he can handle this and he wants me to end the pregnancy.  He thinks the baby being disabled will tear our family apart and it will be a disgrace for him to have a son that has the problems that come with Downs.  He told me that in his culture, he is Arabic, that its a disgrace to have a child like that.

Needless to say I am absolutely shocked to hear this come out of his mouth.  I want to raise my son (we found out the baby is a boy), but my husband does not want him.

This seems like such an impossible situation for us right now.  How do I get through this?  I feel like he is trying to push me to do something I dont believe is right.  We are both Muslim, so I would have thought he would respond differently...thats why I am so shocked at his words.

What do I do?

Does anyone know if she had the baby? Khair Insha'Allah.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:56pm
Sorry If I may be diverging from the topic. . . but since there was a discussion about Down's Syndrome. . . and some ppl here seem to know a lot:

Are there 'kinds' of Down Syndromes? For e.g I have heard that some are naturally docile and manageable whilst others are rather aggressive. I've had the privelage of meeting some. . . and while some are very manageable and docile . . .others I've seen scarily aggressive. . . to the extent that they are violent to those around them. (Some one told me its due to the presence of double Y chromosomes(the aggressive DS) )

So anyway . .. if this is true. . . can this be diagnosed during pregnance? As in which DS baby-type we r going to have. And if this is true, perhaps parents could opt for selective abortion . . . as in abort the aggressive gene ones. . .Cz they can turn out to be a threat to society. Whilst keeping the relativley normal ones. . .

Or does it depend solely on how you bring up a DS-baby and teach it how to behave?

Also . . . is Hijab to be observed in front of adult ppl with DS? Or are they to be considered 'masoom' , as in innocents.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2008 at 10:36pm
Has anyone heard from 222dnallohc?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic