IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - problems in trying to understand Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

problems in trying to understand Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zakarianz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problems in trying to understand Islam
    Posted: 23 November 2007 at 4:15am

Hello everyone

this forum is meant to discuss troubles, problems, barriers... that seekers of knowledge and understanding about Islam (may be about Muslims as well) face(d), the floor is open.

marchfriday View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchfriday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 7:27am
yes it is so, what is issue?
zakarianz View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zakarianz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 4:40pm
sorry what do you mean what' the issue? i taught it was clear from above wa assalam
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 8:23pm

Yes, the matter should have a starter. What Zakariya means is not well understood. Does Zakariya have some problems and issues to settle or is Zakariyah waiting for some one to present their problems here on the board and then Z will solve the problems.

There is no harm. It is necessary to discuss. But remember that every one will give a different opinion. So be ready to face the varying views. Thanks.

Edited by minuteman
zakarianz View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zakarianz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 12:12am
I have noticed that people, mainly non-muslims but also some muslims themselves, seeking to understanding Islam face problems such as not undestanding their shared background with their fellows say westners which results/leads into answering their questions in way that is not helpful....
marchfriday View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchfriday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 12:24am
Originally posted by zakarianz zakarianz wrote:

I have noticed that people, mainly non-muslims but also some muslims themselves, seeking to understanding Islam face problems such as not undestanding their shared background with their fellows say westners which results/leads into answering their questions in way that is not helpful....

thanks, now i got it, hmmm i guess it so, you are right; and worst is this that i see silly posts; members start commenting on each other and tottaly lost what original starter is saying......

......or may be i guess this is online forums taste we have to live with it....
zakarianz View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zakarianz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 1:13am

I htink that can be partly explained by the fact that some Muslims want to inform others about others but without knowldge, without effort of seeking knowldge and that is dangereus and not a good thing to do wa assalam

PLEASE THIS FORUM IS OPEN TO MUSLIMS AND NON-MUSLIMS ALIKE WITH THE PERMISSION OF THE MODERATOR(S) OF COURSE.

Daniel Dworsky View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Dworsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 3:31pm
I think it's important that people who are not muslim know enough about
Islam to not offend or be offended. During Ramadan I don't BBQ outside
My muslim friends know to ask if the meal to which they have been
invited is milk or meat and my christian friends know enough to not even
try to bring the appropriate food and to just bring flowers for my wife.

Last night found my wife and I pot lucking a thanks giving dinner in Tel
Aviv The Palestinians brought a dairy knafeh to a meat meal.
The jewish host poured out wine in front of the Muslims for the blessings
The christian UN women are the only ones who didn't screw up but we all
had a great time despite our well meaning ignorance. None of the
Muslims touched the pricey wine and my daughter slapped my hand away
from a peice of that fried sweetened goat cheese thing y'all
invented to foil my diet plans.

Edited by Daniel Dworsky
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic