IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For Peacemaker.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For Peacemaker.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Peacemaker.
    Posted: 08 November 2007 at 7:08pm

Why did you move the two threads:

erasing Mecca's history and King Abdullah, was this smart - to intrafaith, neither of them really belongs there. Mecca's history is also part of the world history, tearing down building of holy significance and islamic architect/decorations, while it does belong to islam it also partly belongs to the world, much of it gave way to ideas to the rest of the world. Even in the article there is an english scholar speaking out against what is happening in Mecca.

And the King Abdullah thread, well when the Pope is in involved or anyone from another faith system or region of the world, that is kinda interfaith or current events or general or political, who know at the moment whether that sword giving is just politcal. It is common knowledge that leaders of the world generally give gifts.

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2007 at 11:54pm
I agree that the King Abdullah article belongs in Politics or Interfaith.  The Sword being given by a King of a Muslim Country to the Pontiff is not and INTRA-faith issue.

I have had several issues with articles being arbitrarily moved without consideration for why the poster put it in a section.  Sometimes discussions are places in places where the Non-Muslim contributors can participate.

The Pope is Christian, this is at the very least and INTERfaith issue.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 5:45pm
Hi Angel:

Once again, you addressed me as "peacemarker." This is the third time you have done so. I expect you to at least address me properly; failing to do so may be termed as name-calling.

Hi Angela:

Once Angel posted her complaint, you should not have posted yours in this thread. Please see the following rule:

14. The "Comments and Complaints" section is not a discussion forum where all Users may take part. Only the concerned User, with the original complaint (topic starter), and IC Moderators/Administrators should take part in conversations so that the complaint can be appropriately resolved. Besides, if a complaint is also shared by many others, dealing with it would automatically help others as well. For example: If 50 people have the same complaint, responding to the original post of User (topic starter) would obviously address all concerned Users. Moderators should be addressed respectfully and complaints should be made politely.

Guidelines

Now back to the topic:

I am not necessarily obligated to reply to every complaint in this public space in connection with my moderation.

25. Your participation in discussion forums is a privilege and not a right. "Free Speech" here means that you don't pay for speaking your mind as opposed to any other belief(s) you might have. We reserve the right to remove any comment or comments that are not in line with the above rules, without giving reasons, notifications, or explanations to anyone.

Guidelines

However, I have already described in a relevant thread in intra faith section as to why that decision was made. You may like to see that:

King Abd�ullah: Was this smart?

Non-Muslims are encouraged to ask questions about Islam in Islam for non-Muslims section where discussion about Islam ( main stream Islam ) takes place; they can also take part in interfaith section where Muslims discuss Islam ( of course main stream Islam ) and other faiths with non-Muslims.

Yes, the topics under discussion here could belong to Current Events and interfaith, but seeing the sectarian nature that didn�t represent main stream Islam, it also belonged to intra faith section. Looking that this is Islamic forum where Islam (main stream Islam ) should be presented in the best possible way to the world, such topics ( that could belong to many sections, including intra faith section ) would be moved to intra faith section.

At surface level, I agree with what you say, but looking at a deeper level, it would become evident that the issue is much bigger than just giving sword in a gift to the Pope by King Abdullah. And such threads, related to intra faith in some way, belong to intra faith only.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Hi Angel:

Once again, you addressed me as "peacemarker." This is the third time you have done so. I expect you to at least address me properly; failing to do so may be termed as name-calling.

third?? maybe twice. where's the third?

Peacemaker, honestly its just an innocent mistake and typing situtation, I sometimes accidently do that with Christ, for some reason it happens not because I am doing it deliberating!!!!!!!

for you to go and say that it will be deemed name calling is unnecessary

Again I apologise

but there is no need to say you will deem it as name calling, a bit harsh it is! I never say that when some calls me Angela or thinks I am male. You should know me by now that I would not be doing it on purpose!!

Quote Now back to the topic:

I am not necessarily obligated to reply to every complaint in this public space in connection with my moderation.

I posted my thread to you before you wrote anything and after you moved them.

Quote However, I have already described in a relevant thread in intra faith section as to why that decision was made. You may like to see that:

King Abd�ullah: Was this smart?

Yes, the topics under discussion here could belong to Current Events and interfaith, but seeing the sectarian nature that didn�t represent main stream Islam, it also belonged to intra faith section. Looking that this is Islamic forum where Islam (main stream Islam ) should be presented in the best possible way to the world, such topics ( that could belong to many sections, including intra faith section ) would be moved to intra faith section.

At surface level, I agree with what you say, but looking at a deeper level, it would become evident that the issue is much bigger than just giving sword in a gift to the Pope by King Abdullah. And such threads, related to intra faith in some way, belong to intra faith only.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Peacemaker, i don't necessarily disagree with you entirely but right now I don't have words to continue, got to go to work and I just want to scream, this is frustrating.   

Edited by Angel
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 12:25am

"And such threads, related to intra faith in some way, belong to intra faith only."

There are many threads that are like that, to me they are multifacet, are you going to put them all in intrafaith? 

Being in intrafaith means that you stay within the scope. But some involve other aspects, for e.g: like mecca's history and the sword gift involving outside facets, which needs to be in a neutral place, like interfaith or politic or current events. And because it involves non muslims as usually stated in articles, that should also be considered and involve non muslim participations. The two examples involve non muslims in the articles, that should say something. Also with the sword giving to the Pope, you render it unable for christians to be involved, they should also be able to participate afterall it involves their spiritual leader. I am sure you would object to this if it was the other way around?   

Moving threads without considering the posters involved is inconsiderate. I've talked about this before on and off. Obviously its going to still happen. Things need to be thought about before moving threads around. I did give my suggestions on what to do awhile back.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 4:28am

Angel,

I know that this issue has been raised over and over, and it has been explained over and over. These are called differences of opinion. Let us respect them and move on. But, if you keep bringing the same issue repeatedly, at one point, it may be difficult to continue responding.

Another thing is that while I don't say that you deliberately misspelled me, I would say that it was the third time you did that. First time, when you did that, I deliberately ignored to give you benefit of doubt.

"Peacemarker, in that natural course of talking, of course things/topics may change, but still it is rude to move elsewhere when some people, involved in discussion, cannot anymore."

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9463& ;PN=1&TPN=3

Second time, you did that some days ago, I politely and respectfully mentioned it.

And then you did the third time in this thread. Please spell "peacemaker" properly when you address me next time. It goes against the rules of the forum to misspell someone.

Peace

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:24am
It goes against the rules of the forum to misspell someone.

Peace

Brother Peacemaker,

In Angel's defense, of all things to be upset about [because it is obvious that it bothers you] why get upset over the mispelling of names? Angel has been here longer than me and has posted more longer than me and has been quite respectful of Islamic beliefs. I don't see where in the depths of your conscious could you conceive Angel's name- falibility as some sort of name calling or would even consider it? There are many variables to why we mispell consistently, I know I do. Maybe we are tired and want to post a comment before going to bed? What if, after finishing our post, miss our typos? Peacemarker is so mclose to Peacemaker that, I don't think a lot of people catch it, I know I didn't until you brought it up. As her friend I for one stand by her in the fact that she didn't deliberately do it.

We are all humans and make mistakes online and offline......

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Brother Peacemaker,

In Angel's defense, of all things to be upset about [because it is obvious that it bothers you] why get upset over the mispelling of names? Angel has been here longer than me and has posted more longer than me and has been quite respectful of Islamic beliefs. I don't see where in the depths of your conscious could you conceive Angel's name- falibility as some sort of name calling or would even consider it? There are many variables to why we mispell consistently, I know I do. Maybe we are tired and want to post a comment before going to bed? What if, after finishing our post, miss our typos? Peacemarker is so mclose to Peacemaker that, I don't think a lot of people catch it, I know I didn't until you brought it up. As her friend I for one stand by her in the fact that she didn't deliberately do it.

We are all humans and make mistakes online and offline......

Yes, mistakes happen in spelling in general. We all do that. But, misspelling name of a fellow participant/moderator ( and that too after it has been mentioned ) is a different thing. It goes against basic manners.

The very first rule goes like this:

1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are requested to maintain the decorum, as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke or casual statement which the moderators find insensitive may result in editing or deletion. Since this is an Islamic site, utmost importance and respect is to be given to the teachings of Islam, which include the Quran and Hadith.

Guidelines

I do my best not to misspell someone's name in this public space nor do I want that anybody's name, including my name be misspelled here. 

Another thing is that while I appreciate that you wanted to support Angel, I reiterate that please don't take part in the thread where someone has posted a complaint:

14. The "Comments and Complaints" section is not a discussion forum where all Users may take part. Only the concerned User, with the original complaint (topic starter), and IC Moderators/Administrators should take part in conversations so that the complaint can be appropriately resolved. Besides, if a complaint is also shared by many others, dealing with it would automatically help others as well. For example: If 50 people have the same complaint, responding to the original post of User (topic starter) would obviously address all concerned Users. Moderators should be addressed respectfully and complaints should be made politely.

Guidelines

You may alternatively use other means such as PM to express your support for someone.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic