IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hello from America  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diagoras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from America
    Posted: 06 November 2007 at 6:40pm
Well, here goes.

I was flipping through the channels on my TV, from one random news station to another. I happened to land on FOX news and watched some guy rant about Islam, going on about how it is evil and intolerant. Then it hit me: I actually don't know any Muslims. Or Arabs. Or anyone from the Middle East. Everything I hear is from the government or from some giant news corporation.

This is even true on the Internet. Muslims stick to some websites, non-Muslims to others. So I googled "Islam" and picked the first link that wasn't an article or a rant. And here I am.

So, an atheist, upper-class, fervently democratic-republican American has arrived on your forum. I'm interested in getting to know and understanding a group of people I've been told we're at war with, yet I've never met.

Anyway, hi.
A proud constitutional democratic republican.

The board's friendly neighborhood atheist.
marchfriday View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchfriday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 9:44pm

hi, welcome to forum

Yes biased media reporting could be attributed to geographical and religious affiliations. Many times i found conflicting reports on the on different channels. Anyhow you will get all flavours here..just stay here..be part of running threads.

Edited by marchfriday
Randolph Cabral View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randolph Cabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2007 at 1:47pm

Hi,

I too am new to this forum.  For what it is worth, it is perhaps always better to get to know people for who they are as you personally know them, not for who others say they are.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 6:00pm

Originally posted by Diagoras Diagoras wrote:

Well, here goes.

I was flipping through the channels on my TV, from one random news station to another. I happened to land on FOX news and watched some guy rant about Islam, going on about how it is evil and intolerant. Then it hit me: I actually don't know any Muslims. Or Arabs. Or anyone from the Middle East. Everything I hear is from the government or from some giant news corporation.

This is even true on the Internet. Muslims stick to some websites, non-Muslims to others. So I googled "Islam" and picked the first link that wasn't an article or a rant. And here I am.

So, an atheist, upper-class, fervently democratic-republican American has arrived on your forum. I'm interested in getting to know and understanding a group of people I've been told we're at war with, yet I've never met.

Anyway, hi.

Hi Diagoras,

We welcome you to IslamiCity.

We won't give you any clarifications as how are we not tolerant and how is this religion not evil. But yes, we like u to know by yourselves, being an active member here and discussing.. Insha-Allah,{If Allah wills}, u shall get all your questions answered. We welcome any kind of questions from u. We have a very good panel of members and mods who shall help u here.

Now,after meeting us, do u think we are at war ?  .Such are we misunderstood and blamed. Anyways i Pray Allah swt, to bless you.

See u active in discussions. We have many sections, U can participate there and get your questions clarified.

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Randolph Cabral Randolph Cabral wrote:

Hi,

I too am new to this forum.  For what it is worth, it is perhaps always better to get to know people for who they are as you personally know them, not for who others say they are.

Hi Randolph Cabral,

We welcome you to the discussions of Islamicity .

Yes, you got it right. That we better know people personally rather than knowing it from others. Hope and wish u enjoy being a part of Islamicity. KNOW US BETTER

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
on1on5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on1on5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 12:52pm

Hello both to Randolph and to the upper-class fervently democratic republican Diagoras.

Please be sure that I am very glad to see you here and we may even be thankful to the big liers of media since they provoked a reaction and curiosity in you to learn more about Islam.

Once you become suspicious about the "fact" being imposed on you and begin to investigate the facts underlying the "fact" then the door is wide open to you.

Islam is not an Arabic religion and god in Islam-Allah-is not a middle eastern god. Maybe this simple statement is the first to be thought on by a westerner.

I am sure that you will benefit much from this website and be surprised about the things you learn about Muslims. Please donot ignore the Islam as a thinking method while studying Muslims as  a social issue. welcome again.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 9:42am

Peace D,

Here is a link to a post on this site that talks about some important Islaamic concepts:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10685

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 9:44am

Originally posted by Diagoras Diagoras wrote:

Well, here goes.

Anyway, hi.

D,

What is a fervently democratic republican?

This is from a sincerly devout Muslim American who has voted for Nader in every past election, and may write him in this time.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic