IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijabi’s kick butt.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijabi’s kick butt.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hijabi’s kick butt.
    Posted: 24 October 2007 at 5:49pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Emin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 8:08am
112:1 SAY: "He is the One God:
112:2 "God the Eternal, the Uncaused Cause of All Being.
112:3 "He begets not, and neither is He begotten;
112:4 "and there is nothing that could be compared with Him
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 8:24am

As an officer, you always admire business owner courage, however we never encourage them to take the law in their own hands. The perp [short for perpatrator] may have left her with her life but the next time she does it to someone who is a REAL robber we may not be reading how brave she is but how badly she was killed. A business can be rebuilt. A store can resurrect itself but when your life ends you cannot bring yourself back. She is no "Hijabi warrior" [which is a term I find funny] she is lucky. At 4'5 90lbs if I were a robber I'd throw her across the room like a child and take the cash myself.

I've done cases where even when owner complied robbers still kill them. But owners are more likely to come out with their lives if they comply than those who fight back. the reasoning here is, if you fight back the robber may be scared where the firearm will discharge and may hit the store clerk.

sakeena View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakeena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

As an officer, you always admire business owner courage, however we never encourage them to take the law in their own hands. The perp [short for perpatrator] may have left her with her life but the next time she does it to someone who is a REAL robber we may not be reading how brave she is but how badly she was killed. A business can be rebuilt. A store can resurrect itself but when your life ends you cannot bring yourself back. She is no "Hijabi warrior" [which is a term I find funny] she is lucky. At 4'5 90lbs if I were a robber I'd throw her across the room like a child and take the cash myself.

I've done cases where even when owner complied robbers still kill them. But owners are more likely to come out with their lives if they comply than those who fight back. the reasoning here is, if you fight back the robber may be scared where the firearm will discharge and may hit the store clerk.

No one cares what the "law" encourages or doesn't. If they did, no one would speed, or litter, or do anything the "law" doesn't encourage :)

"Lucky" is such a silly word to use. If you ask this lady which of the favors of her Lord would she deny, I'm sure she wouldn't deny any of them.

Political correctness is nice, but only in moderation :)

Swell not thy cheek in pride...
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 4:46pm
Israfil is right, always follow the robbers instruction & don't make any sudden moves, it usually scares them resulting is injury/ death of a person.

This clerk was extremely lucky.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 6:55pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Israfil is right, always follow the robbers instruction & don't make any sudden moves, it usually scares them resulting is injury/ death of a person.

This clerk was extremely lucky.

Ditto! However one does have the right to protect their property and as she mentioned, 'I didn't want to give him the money.'

`Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`As (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who is killed while defending his property is a martyr.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: The Hadith highlights the fact that whoever gets killed in an effort to protect his property is a martyr.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 12:35am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Commentary: The Hadith highlights the fact that whoever gets killed in an effort to protect his property is a martyr.

Thats when you die, the first priority should be "not to be killed".

you are right, I think she should keep loaded 12 gauge instead of an Axe.

Edited by ak_m_f
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2007 at 12:57am

Agreed.

If you're going to fight, fight fire with fire. Ak you with your military background you know that any individual in going to battle should never "bring a knife to a gun fight" in this case it was an axe.

Abuayisha,

I too agree that every store owner has every right to defend their property. But in situations where life is at stake we must analyze risk and whether we want to take that risk. Today I did a call where a store owner lost her life trying to fight a robber. Like the woman in the article she was small framed and fought when the robber pushed her to the side to take the cash himself. Instead of letting the robber do what he wanted, she fought which ended up in her being killed.

Sakeena:

No one cares what the "law" encourages or doesn't. If they did, no one would speed, or litter, or do anything the "law" doesn't encourage :)

"Lucky" is such a silly word to use. If you ask this lady which of the favors of her Lord would she deny, I'm sure she wouldn't deny any of them.

Political correctness is nice, but only in moderation :)

Your beginning post is nonsense. People DO care about the law and yes people speed but its not because they don't have any respect for the law they simply don't have respect for the lives of others. People litter not because they don't respect the law they just have no concern for the environment. The thing here is God gave every human a brain, and, I don't think some 4'9 90lb woman used it. I call it "luck" because of the high probability of being killed in such a situation in which was not her consequence for fighting back.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic