IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijabi’s kick butt.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijabi’s kick butt.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2007 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by aka2x2 aka2x2 wrote:

Israfil

You have given good advice. I understand your reasoning. It is very logical and it may even be true most of the time. The problem is fights are seldom logical. Therefore, the outcome is never predetermined. The story of this lady proves that point.

I also believe we are losing sight of the bigger picture here. I think this kind of story has a big impact on hoodlums. Because of the courage of this tiny woman thugs are less likely to initiate violence against Muslims. If that becomes the case all of us will be safer and we will owe it to her and people like her.

Perhaps hoodlums in her neighborhood may think twice. Perhaps she may not be harmed. we can think of the many possibilities of this inital behavior but what I'm concerned about is the probability that she will be robbed again. I wish one day that it toook one action to change how people behave but sometimes it doesn't work that way. Not all the time, but most of the time.

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 3:27am

I also don't think it will deter crime. Not all of the "bad" people talk to each other. And its not like that are scoping out watching the news.

My brother-in-law has been mugged at gun point three times. People are attacked cause people perceive you have something that other people want-money or goods.

I also do not think she was attacked cause she was Moslem. She was attacked because she was working a counter at a store.  Many crimes are crimes of opportunity. The nextgroup of hoodlums who go in and see a lone woman in the store will probably not even know of previous attempt.

I taught a self-defense workshop this past weekend and even in a small group, two people had known of robberies, in which the people resisted who were killed.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 10:34am

Crimes against Muslims in the US have increased several folds since 9-11. This is well documented by organizations like CAIR and others. Authorities have done very little to counteract this trend. In fact, the message has gone out that there is open season on Muslims in Americas.

Not all Muslims are treated the same in this regard. Those who do not �look� Muslim are sometimes spared these atrocities. Not so for women in hijab. The moment a woman puts on the hijab she becomes a visible minority regardless of her race and ethnicity. These women know the depths of anti-Muslim feelings in this country.

I have no doubt the would-be robber wanted money in this case. I also have no doubt he knew he was attacking a Muslim. I don�t advocate vigilante justice but I want him and people like him to think twice before they target a Muslim. If we get labeled berserkers so be it. The new message should be �Don�t mess with Muslims�. That won�t happen unless some of us stand up for ourselves.

Respectfully
aka2x2
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2007 at 5:02pm

As Salamu Alaikum

I asked my cousin's son, who is 10 years old what he thought about this super Hijabi.

"She's Dumb" he said, because his father, my cousin, was killed while defending his property.

I'm with you on this Israfil..........Yes this lady was extremely lucky.

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 12:53am

>>>I have no doubt the would-be robber wanted money in this case. I also have no doubt he knew he was attacking a Muslim.<<<<

This is simply ridiculous

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 6:31am

Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

I asked my cousin's son, who is 10 years old what he thought about this super Hijabi."She's Dumb" he said,

Muslims have a God-given right from above the seven heavens to defend themselves, property and honor.  If she took this decision it was her right and if Allah decreed her death as a result, our sister, insha'Allah, would have died an honorable death.  If everyone allows evil to spread unchecked certainly there will be much fitnah in the land.  Police only arrive afterwards for forensics and reports.  Ultimately if we are to live in safe societies, we must, to our ability become involved.  Some are brave, others cowardly and those who are circumspect, but we should allow those who take a daring stand the honor our religion gives them.  And Allah Knows Best 

http://www.sodahead.com/poll/22671/

Edited by abuayisha
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 8:22am

>>>>Police only arrive afterwards for forensics and reports.<<<

The above comment is absurd.

If citizens act accordingly, the police can serve as a preventative force but only and if only the citizens acts accordingly. This whole thing has nothing to do with religion its about going back to our natural instinct, which is sruviving. Its not cowardly to allow someone to steal your things especially when you know the next day you'll restock on those items. If you choose to defend your property that is fine too, but individuals must make correct judgements on whether they should act. Like I've been saying I've judged her decisions not because of her acting I judged her based upon her physical frame. Like I said she is lucky, most REAL robbers who don't have any regard for life would have blown her head or have beat her down. Not because she is Muslim. Not because of a woman. But because she has a vulnerable figure. Maybe Arabs or far easterners think fighting back is ok and yes I've encountered them [and that whole honor system] however its not so wise. That is why  you see on the news why they get murdered.

But saying cops only show up only "after the fact" is an absurd comment and its obvious you hve no background in law enforcement, well, actually most to none of you guys do really.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2007 at 9:06am

�Maybe Arabs or far easterners think fighting back is ok and yes I've encountered them [and that whole honor system] however its not so wise. That is why  you see on the news why they get murdered.�

��.I judged her based upon her physical frame.�

So, had she been a large woman of another ethnicity�.?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic