IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - are you from united states  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

are you from united states

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 12:30pm
I would agree that you should take your time in telling others that you have become muslim. I was previously a mormon, but embraced Islam 4 years ago. Because I was so eager to learn, and having no muslims around me I chose to ear the hijab, because I felt that it as right for me. However, I faced a lot of difficulties, which resulted in me leaving my children and home, purely so they didnt have continued abuse hurled at them. Had I had someone near to advise me then maybe I wouldn't have lost all that I held dear. But my faith in Allah helped me through. It was a big price to pay, and one I still have to live daily. My daughter no longer talks to me, no longer trusts me. And I live alone. So take time, advice and pray all you should, before telling loved ones.
on1on5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on1on5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 1:08pm

I read all the messages and am very affected by the writings of all the contributers, here is the beauty of sharing different feelings and experiences even when people are from different religions, speaking purely and sincerely by heart...so marvellous

and to Andrew: many good advices are already given so I won't write more about the issue, I have nephews at your age but they are not so much interested in Islam even born as Muslims-(as we sometimes do ;the typical fish who doesnt know the value of the sea)-

I just wanted to say I hug you sincerely -the brave young man,Andrew and I will pray for you.

welcome to the forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic