IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Michelle, student of World Religion  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michelle, student of World Religion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michelle, student of World Religion
    Posted: 19 October 2007 at 10:43am
My name is Michelle.  I am currently taking a class in World Religions and have chosen to do my report on Islam.  Part of the assignment involves interviewing a Muslim cleric.  This interview can be done through email.  I have attempted to contact both Islamic Centers in my area, but neither has returned my call as yet.  Is there a cleric here who would be willing to help me with this? 
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 10:51am

Hi Chelle,

Welcome to the forum.  Hope that you would like this place, insha Allah ( God willing ).

Following is a link that may help you spot the mosque/Islamic center in your area.

http://www.islamicity.com/orgs/

I wish you all the best.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Chelle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 11:08am

Thank you for your reply.  That link is very useful indeed, that is how I found the 2 Islamic Centers I've already tried to contact.  However, unfortunately, they are not returning my phone calls. 

Chelle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 1:47pm
Wow, I called the phone number listed for a Muslim educational center at Cal Poly Pomona and the girl who answered said it was a wrong number.  It's her own home, but she was related to the man who runs the center....a Dr. Ahmad Sakr.  She gave me his phone number and now I have an appointment to interview him on Tuesday.  He sounds like a very knowledgeable man.  Thank you for your help!
Chelle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 2:07pm
One more question, which I forgot to ask Dr. Sakr on the phone.  I am not Muslim, but should I wear a scarf or something over my head as a sign of respect when I go to interview him?
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2007 at 10:49pm

Originally posted by Chelle Chelle wrote:

One more question, which I forgot to ask Dr. Sakr on the phone.  I am not Muslim, but should I wear a scarf or something over my head as a sign of respect when I go to interview him?

You don't have to but it is indeed very thoughtful of you. The scholar will appreciate that.

Salaams

BMZ

Edited by BMZ
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2007 at 10:45am

Chelle,

It is nice to see that you are going to see Dr. Sakr. May Allah make this meeting beneficial for you.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Chelle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2007 at 8:39am
One more quick question....I would like to know what is the proper word for "denomination" in Muslim?  What I mean to say is, I would like to know whether Dr. Sakr is Sunni, Shi'a (sorry if I mispelled) or what, but I'm not sure how to phrase the question.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic