IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Enlightenment of the West  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enlightenment of the West

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enlightenment of the West
    Posted: 30 May 2005 at 10:41am

Enlightenment of the West: Police pulling a scarf off a Muslim girl's head

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 1:50pm

Assalamu alaikum,

What country is this?  What are the circumstances that these police would do such a vile thing?  May Allah curse them.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

What country is this?  What are the circumstances that these police would do such a vile thing?  May Allah curse them.

Peace, ummziba.

My country...Turkey...Amin!!!..

kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 8:44pm

What's the story behind this picture? One of the women appears to have another hijab in her hands. And is it in a prison, or something? There seem to be big metal bars around the place.

Kim...

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

What's the story behind this picture? One of the women appears to have another hijab in her hands. And is it in a prison, or something? There seem to be big metal bars around the place.

Kim...

Hijab ban...may be the backyard of an university...i am not sure...

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 1:01pm
but,absolutely an govern-mental area...secular Turkey...
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 1:12pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Isn't it strange how the west likes to point to Turkey as a shining example of a well evolved Muslim state?  This is the wests idea of a good Muslim state - less Islam, more state!

Imagine not being allowed to wear a headscarf in certain places in a so-called Muslim country?!   I have heard that some so-called Muslim countries ban headscarves altogether in public (Libya comes to mind).

And here I am in the "west", able to wear my headscarf where ever I please, even on photos (driver's licence, health card).

It must be so hard for you, Suleyman, to live in a country you love, that causes oppression to its own people who wish to live Islamically.  I am not saying that Canada is perfect - far, far, from it, but I do enjoy certain freedoms here (for now anyway) that I would never be able to have in some so-called Muslim countries!

This world is so strange!  This life is such a trial!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic