IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - All this talk about...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAll this talk about...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 5:41pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

Assalamu alaikum Peacemaker

If i remember correctly some non muslims not just Angela where given more access rights due to there past record and out of respect for them. I see nothing wrong with Angela's answers what so ever especially since the poster is here for debate rather than information.

I understand what you are trying to uphold but this restriction was originally put in place to stop non muslims debating legal matters in Islam as this was not the place for it not these type of discussions and it espetially does not reffer to what Angela is doing and her style of reply which is not questioning Islam in any way.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Anatolian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 11:48pm
OK minuteman I agree to some of your points concerning the envoys
Muhammed sent and the reactions by the other two Kings.

As for the historical contexts of the time concerning Arab (Muslim) might
towards the Persians and Byzantines is of a somewhat different and more
acurate understanding of the changes facing before the invasion of Islam
that were taking place long before the complete end of both empires.
Byzantium as we knew it then in Syrian province (Syria, Lebanon,
Palestine, parts of S.E. Turkey) was eventually going to crumble but no
major inner power workings in the province would arise because there
was no real major indegenous political or military force other then the
Eastern Romans. Eventually either the Persians, whom as you said were
barely defeated or the new power house arriving from the Arabian
peninsula. Not only that but to add to the success of the conquering
Muslims, the citizens of Syria (Jews and Christians) welcomed them with
open arms because of the heavy taxation implimented by the Emperor (if
they only knew if the Jezya was comming along! Ha!) Weakness in the
interior by an exhausted citizenry, crumbling military units who didnt
recover from the Persian onslaught, etc etc... Your over exagerating
Byzantium's might just so you can prove Muslim bravado well all I can say
is time and place. Time and place.

As for Muslim preachers being persecuted in Syria I won't deny this nor
disqualify it because I havent read anything of it. But explain to me why
the Jews and Christians of Mecca and Medina and later on all of the Hijaz
were exterminated, driven, or forced into conversion before the Arab set
his eyes North? Actually this is going on to this day out there so who
really controls the minds of the people? Christian Europe and America
with a mosque being built in every major city or in the Muslim east where
existing churches are left to ruins or being demolished to be used as
"museums" or mosques? No new ones being built. Not even a small
chapel is allowed to Christian workers in Saudia Arabia... List goes on.
Look at your religious leaders first then judge the rest. Teach and follow
by example.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 12:26am
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

Check where your information is coming from constantly you are quoting lies and distortions, Jews and christians still exist today in arabia as they did in the time of the prophet, so 1400 years and still they all havnt been forcibly converted or killed.

or where they first killed and then converted i cant seem to figure out how they are still around if either was really taking place, possibly all the jews we have came after the European witch hunts..
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 8:20am

Rami wrote: Jews and christians still exist today in arabia as they did in the time of the prophet, so 1400 years and still they all havnt been forcibly converted or killed.

If by "arabia" you mean Saudi Arabia, then you are (to the best of my knowledge) lying.  If you are not lying, then please provide us with the name and address of a non-muslim who has Saudi Arabian citizenship and who lives in Saudi Arabia.

Edited by Reepicheep
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 8:53am

Section I. Religious Demography

The country has a total area of 1,225,000 square miles, and its population is approximately 24 million, with an estimated foreign population of 6 to 7 million. The foreign population includes approximately 1.4 million Indians, 1 million Bangladeshis, nearly 900,000 Pakistanis, 800,000 Filipinos, 750,000 Egyptians, 250,000 Palestinians, 150,000 Lebanese, 130,000 Sri Lankans, 40,000 Eritreans, and 30,000 Americans. Comprehensive statistics for the religious denominations of foreigners are not available; however, they include Muslims from the various branches and schools of Islam, Christians, and Hindus. Approximately 90 percent of the Filipino community is Christian. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops estimates there are considerably more than 500,000 Catholics in the country and perhaps as many as 1 million.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2004/35507.htm

However, in Iraq, there is a population of about 800,000 Orthodox Christians that until recently have had wonderful freedoms.  There are Christians in Iran, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and many other countries.  They are minorities there as Muslims are Minorities here.

Can you think of the last time a major political figure here in the US said something discriminatory against Muslims in office?  I can.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 10:45am

Angela:

I was only trying to enforce that rule that came into effect after much thought and discussion almost a year ago. I also mentioned in my last post in this thread that your sincerity was not being doubted, but rules apply to everyone. At times, I have been pointing out that rule. That clarifies that one should be a Muslim and have proper knowledge on the subject to answer in this section. Even if one is Muslim but doesn�t have proper knowledge on the subject, he/she shouldn�t respond here in reply to questions asked by non-Muslims on Islam related matters. Let us see the rule:

"There is no limit on questions one may ask or repeatedly ask to clarify a point about Islamic faith as long as the purpose is to seek knowledge about Islam. This is the place where only those who believe in Islamic faith and have proper knowledge on the subject should take part to answer, and those who can not positively contribute here should not take part."

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7684& ; ;PN=1

Having said that, there is a way out and I hope that it would be helpful, insha Allah. Seeing the positive contribution made by you at the forum, I will propose before the moderator group that this rule be amended that would allow people like you to take part in responding in this section. It may take some time; meantime please feel free to contribute here as you have been doing. Any inconvenience in this regard is highly regretted.

I was very hesitant to even mention that rule to you seeing your overall participation here, but I felt it was my moral responsibility to do so. I hope you would understand what I am talking about.

Seeing that the original question asked by topic starter has been addressed well, and the thread has gone completely off-topic, it wll be closed.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic