IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Simple Way to Experience Christ  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Simple Way to Experience Christ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 7:19pm

I am not an expert on ancient Hebrew or Arabic. But I contribute some notes I took on the word Jah or Yah from Hallelujah.

The JAH of Hallelujah is associated with the Jehovah or YHWH of the Old Testamet.

JAH or YAH appears in many theophoric names in the Old Testament which mostly occur in the latter books such as Kings, Chronicles, Isaiah and Jeremiah.

"My God is Yah"  (AdoniJAH)

"The Lord is Yah" (BealiAH) 

"My Lord Yah is good" (Tob-adoniJAH)

"My king is Yah"  (MalchiJAH)

"My father is Yah"  (AbiJAH)

"My brother is Yah" (AjiJAH)

"My beloved is Yah"  (DodaVAHu)

"My portion is Yah" (HilkiAH)

"My festival or feast is Yah"  (HaggiAH)

"Yah is a refuge"  (MahseiAH)

"My lamp is Yah" (NeriAH)

"The thunder of Yah" (RaamiAH)

"Yah is strong" (HezekiAH)

"Yah is mighty" (AmaziAH, AzariAH)

"Yah is exalted"  (AthaliAH)

"My splendour is Yah" (HodiAH)

"Yah is loving kindness" (HasadiAH)

"Yah is wonderful"  (PeliAH)

"My good(ness) is Yah"  (TobiAH, TobiJAH)

"Yah is righteousness"  (ZedekiAH)

These few samples and more should establish that Yah or Jah indicates the God YHWH or Yahweh. Whom some translations hold as Jehovah. At any rate it is the God of the Holy Bible, both OT and NT.

HalleluJah cetainly is more closely related to JAH and Joshua (Jesus) of Old and New Testaments then it is to the Allah of the Quran.

Edited by Jocko
I am a Christian Guest at this Moslem Forum - until otherwise informed. Hello!
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 7:23pm

am not an expert on ancient Hebrew or Arabic.

Jocko, why don't u try to learn hebrew then. U shall know whats exactly in Bible. These translated ones, have many errors. I can point many.

ANyways u just answer my question posted above

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 7:27pm

Who is Jehovah then?

HalleluJah cetainly is more closely related to JAH and Joshua (Jesus) of Old and New Testaments then it is to the Allah of the Quran.

How do u say that Hallelujah is related to Jesus. Not at all. Its a hebrew word. You don't excalim halleluja u say Alleluya , right?

Lets learn to "learn" THE FACTS.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 10:50pm

My remarks will be related to the topic -   seekshidayath asks why I don't I learn Hebrew. That's a good idea. 

However, learning Hebrew is not a requirement that God has established for anyone to experience the Divine Person.

The obstacle between us and God is not the language of Hebrew. It is to be cleansed of our sins by the blood of Jesus that the Holy God may receive us. And when we call "O Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus cleanse me of every sin with your precious redemption" the blood of Jesus shed on Calvary obliterates the record of our sins before God. 

Sure it would be good for me to learn Hebrew, Aramiac, Greek. I don't deny that at all. But God did not wait for me to learn these languages before He became rich to me when I called "Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus come into my heart Lord Jesus!"

Moses led a couple million people out of Egypt. Their Hebrew reading and writing skills were probably pretty good. Latter a good number of them wanted to stone Moses and Aaron to death and return the Egypt, to the iron furnace of their slavery.

Learning to read and write Hebrew is no garuantee that one will not utterly revolt against God in unbelief and rebellion.

When you call out "O Lord Jesus"  "My God is Yah"  (AdoniJAH) becomes a reality. By calling He will answer. Our callingto Christ and His answering us deep in our spirit cause God to become "my God". He truly becomes the caller's possession.

Now it is no longer the religion which belongs to the scribe. Now the living God becomes "my God". He becomes out inner posession.

We can also call "O Lord, Amen, Hallelujah - Jesus! ".  If you call on the Lord Jesus this way for even three minutes with sincerety you will sense both "My Lord Yah is good" (Tob-adoniJAH) and    "My king is Yah"  (MalchiJAH)

Christ will not only be good to you. He will be your very goodness. To possess Him to have Him is to have God Himself as your goodness. This is why I don't insist people wait until they have mastered ancient Hebrew language to experience the Triune God. He has made Himself available as the air that surrounds us. We only need to open our own hearts and let Him cleanse us of our sins and come into our spirit.

The caller touches a closeness and intimacy with God when calling "O Lord Jesus. O Lord, Amen, Hallelujah!!" for even three to five minutes. She or he can sense:    "My father is Yah"  (AbiJAH) - that God is now the sweet Papa, the loving Daddy, the Abba Father Himself on which the Son of God called. 

All these wonderful names become realities by calling on the name of Jesus

"My brother is Yah"  we feel that Christ is out brother,

"My beloved is Yah"  we sense that the inseperable love of God upon us.

One might even begin to call out "O Love Jesus. O Divine Love Lord Jesus ! Lord You are the reality of every positive thing in the universe."

God dispensed into man is so profound that God led mankind up to these experience in a gradual education. All these names of the Old Testament can be our experience by calling on the incarnated, crucified, resurrected, and exalted Godman Who became the life giving Spirit to enter into us by our calling "O Lord Jesus! O Lord, Amen, Hallelujah. Jesus! Lord Jesus!"

"My portion is Yah"  Christ is the Wonderful portion of God that is our due if we call on His name.

"My festival or feast is Yah"  Christ is our feast and our holiday. Christ is our festival and our joyful year of jubilee if we call on His name "O Lord Jesus. Lord, Amen, Amen Hallelujah !!"

When we call "O Lord Jesus" Christ immediately becomes our refuge. And we experience subjectively the reaility of "Yah is a refuge" 

When we call "O Lord! Amen! Hallelujah Jesus!!"  God Himself becomes the enlightening lamp within us. We will get light on so many areas of our life. Eventually you receive the light on your whole life. You are no more in darkness or emptiness or uneasiness.

God has made it simple. Christ is resurrected. Christ is living. Christ is callable and is faithful to answer within the heart of the calling one.

So I encourage you all to try calling on the Lord Jesus. You have done much thinking. Now it is time to do much drinking. That is to lift up the cup of salvation and call upon the name of the Lord (Psalm 116:13).

The classic Christisn hymn says:

"O Jesus, Jesus, dearest Lord forgive me if I say,

for very love your sacred name a thousand times a day."

"Burn burn O love within my heart, Burn fiercly night and day.

Until all the drose of earthly love is burned and burned away."

And another famous hymn wrote:

"Just to call the name of Jesus is to drink of life indeed"

Edited by Jocko
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 10:56pm

I do not remember exactly what Hallelujah means. But the Spirit of God surely knows. For I contact God when I shout Hallelujah, Amen!

I will have to study this again. But I know that the Holy Spirit responds to my calling Hallelujah.

Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 11:05pm

You don't excalim halleluja u say Alleluya , right?

Personally every Christian that I worship with says "Hallelujah"

I also say Hallelujah. I have seen the alternative spelling. I have no particular opinion about it.

There are many languages on the earth. God knows that our pronunciations may not be the same.

Still He has given us a simple way to come to the Lord Jesus by calling on His name.

Edited by Jocko
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 11:09pm

Who is Jehovah then?

Why don't you try calling out desperately to Jehovah asking Him to show you who He is?

My answer is that Jehovah is Jesus.  Jesus is the Jehovah that you can eat and take into your being. Jesus is Jehovah become edible by receiving Him in His resurrected state.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Jehovah wants to get INTO you to give you life and to be life to you.

Edited by Jocko
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 12:44am

Yes, i was expecting  this answer from u that Jehovah is Jesus. I am not intrested to know who Jehovah is, but yes, wanted to know what u know of Jehovah. I wanted to bring your attnetion to the fact that its of no use when u meaninglessly utter words. Even if u feel any effect its just psycological effect. Anyways

Is it not astonishing  as it may sound , to an admitted fact  that prior to 16th century , the word "Jehovah" was unheard. Whenever the origin of this word appeared in its true Hebrew form in jewish scriptures [read from right to left as in Arabic} Yot,huh, YHWH , these 4 words were preceded by a substitute word Adonai, to warn the reader that the following word was not to be articulated. They sincerly believe that the awesome name of God shud not be articulated.. Anyways
If Jehovah is the name of God Almighty and if the 27 Books of the New Tetsament were inspired by Him, then it is an anomaly o fthe highest order , that he {Jehovah} signally  failed to have His own Name recorded in "His word" [New Testament} the christian  addition to jewish bible. The  christians claim  taht they have in their  possession  over 24,000 so called - originals of their Holy writ in the Greek language  and yet not a single parchment has jehovah written in it.

Do u know how this term was invented.

A 100 years ago, all of a sudden more than a 100 new cults and denominations of christian mushroomed in USA. The 7th day Adventists , the Chritstians scientists, the menonites, The Jehovah's witnesses and the like. The founder of the last named cult, a ajudge  Rutherford about whom the orthodox christians say that he was no "Judge", This judge was a voracious book-worm and a prolific writer. He stumbled across the word "Jehovah" which tickled him immensly and he made a religion out of it.
What i say is, u don't accept your religion as it is. Try to know the truth. Just use your minds as why does god need to shed blood, when he's the Creator and does n't require we to worship Him. It does n't matter His Majesty that we worship Him or not.
I wished u to learn Hebrew, to know the facts.  As these translations have many errors which lead a person towards wrong faith. For instance, when u learn Hebrew u would have known the meaning of Alleluya - Ya-Allah.
Other part of your posts were meaningless. It had no connection to my question.
Inventions change the concept of religion. To know a true religion is a must for a person to save himselves from Hell. All i want u to is check each step u follow.

Now my next question -

What is YHWH and what is Elohim?
My intention of questioning u is not to learn christianity, but to test how much u know of your religion? Hoping for u to realise and question yourselves within, one day, what u are?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 21>
  Share Topic