IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Simple Way to Experience Christ  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Simple Way to Experience Christ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 2:28am

Originally posted by Anatolian Anatolian wrote:

Yes actually the Bible does mention Muhammed.... Jesuse himself said there
will be many who will come in the name of His Father but will teach
wrongdoings... Look it up.

You will also be pleased to note that Muhammad was not sent to Israel and Muhammad did not teach in the name of anybody's Father.  Think hard on what I just wrote.

BMZ

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 2:33am

And Allelujah from what I was always thought was a praise in Hebrew as well
as Ameen.

Halleluhah or alleluia simply means Praise to the Lord and in Arabic, we have Al-hamdu-lil-lah. Ameen is Amen, in Arabic.

BMZ

Edited by BMZ
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 3:51am

BMZ,

Why are you giggling and laughing? You have no case when you point out:

Look at the last line of your quote. The man who penned Romans, did not say Lord Jesus. Clever, isn't it?  He has misled so many Christians.  The only Saviour is the Lord Almighty, who declared that Himself with all integrity in Isaiah.

If verse 13 leaves you uncertain about Who is the "Lord" one calls upon to be saved, you only need to refer back to verse 9 to grasp the Apostle's meaning:

"That is if you confess with your mouth JESUS AS LORD [my emphasis] and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you shall be saved" (Rom.10:9).

The "Lord" upon which Paul is speaking of is the Lord Jesus Who was raised from the dead.

And since this Lord Jesus is the very God of the Old Testament incarnate, Paul only needs to confirm with the OT passage - "For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" which I believe is a quote from Joel.

The Lord upon which we must call is the Lord who has passed through the process of incarnation, human living, crucifixion, resurrection, and exaltation.

God has passed through a process in order to die for our redemption, rise again, and enter into us to be our life.

"That is if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you shall be saved" (Rom.10:9).

Edited by Jocko
I am a Christian Guest at this Moslem Forum - until otherwise informed. Hello!
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 4:42am
[QUOTE=Jocko]And since this Lord Jesus is the very God of the Old Testament incarnate, Paul only needs to confirm with the OT passage - "For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" which I believe is a quote from Joel.

The Lord upon which we must call is the Lord who has passed through the process of incarnation, human living, crucifixion, resurrection, and exaltation.

God has passed through a process in order to die for our redemption, rise again, and enter into us to be our life.  [/QUOTE]

Who told and taught you that God passed through the above process and that Jesus was the God of the Old Testament?

Please check with the rightful owners of the original "OT" at this site:

http://jhronline.informe.com/index.php

BMZ 

Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 3:41pm

BMZ,

Who told and taught you that God passed through the above process and that Jesus was the God of the Old Testament?

There are two important verses in the New Testament that point to the fact that God has passed through a process. Each passage contains the word "became".

1. )  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God ... And the Word became flesh ..." (John 1:1,14)

John 1:14 indicates that God passed through a kind of process. That process we call incarnation. He became flesh. He clothed Himself in the humanity of the created man. The Word became flesh. He became something that He was not in eternity past.

2.)  " ... the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Here is another step in the process God went through. He became flesh to be manifested among us. Then in resurrection He became a life giving Spirit in order to enter into us, indwell us, and be our spiritual life.

So these two "becames"  of John 1:14 and 1 Cor. 15:45 prove that God has passed through a process.

Now when we call "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus" we are calling on the God Who first became a man like us and secondly became a life giving Spirit to impart Himself INTO us.

This process that the Triune God has passed through is the operation that He performed to fulfill His eternal purpose of dispensing Himself into man's being. We cooperate with the eternal purpose of God when we call on the name of the Lord Jesus.

By calling "O Lord Jesus" the Lord Jesus, Who is the Word Who became flesh and the last Adam who became a life giving Spirit, mingles Himself into our personality. He dispenses Himself into our spirit and begins to spread into our whole being.

Calling on the Lord Jesus with a sincere heart to touch Him brings the processed God into our being.

Now, how do we know that this is the God of the Old Testament? It is all over the whole Bible. Isaiah 9:6 indicates that God will have to undergo some kind of wonderful process in order for the Mighty God to become the born child. And some kind of wonderful process had to be accomplished by God in order to make the Eternal Father become the given Son.

So when we call "O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus my Savior. Lord Jesus my Lord!" we are calling on that born child and the Mighty God to make Him "unto us".  He becomes subjective and real - unto us. And when we cry "O Lord Jesus ! O Lord Jesus !" we are crying on the Son Who was given to us Who is the incarnation of the Eternal Father.

Though the Triune God is mysterious and "Wonderful" here is a simple way to bring Him into our hearts - calling "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus I love You."

Edited by Jocko
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 3:53pm

Amen is also another name for Jesus Christ.

So when we call "Amen Lord. Amen Lord Jesus. Amen" we are also calling on the name of Jesus.

Jesus is called the Amen, the beginning of the creation of God:

"And to the messenger of the church in Laodicea write: These things says the Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the beginning of the creation of God" (Rev. 3:14).

You see? Jesus Christ refers to Himself as "The Amen". So Amen is also a name of Jesus.

The beginning of the creation of God in these passage means that He is resurrected to be the beginning of a new creation. His resurrection from the dead is the beginning of a new creation of God. His resurrection initiates the new realm of the mingling of God and man, the union of God and man, the incorporation of God and man. So He is the Beginning of the new creation. He is the Amen.

We can also contact God by calling "Amen Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus Amen. Amen! Lord Amen. O Lord Amen!"

These words are trustworthy. They have been proved true by hundreds of thousands and probably millions.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 6:03pm

Yes actually the Bible does mention Muhammed.... Jesuse himself said there
will be many who will come in the name of His Father but will teach
wrongdoings... Look it up.

As, i said i shall take a special post/thread by Muhhamad Peace be upon him, in Bible.

Coming to the point of Alleluya, Please go thru the post of BMZ, who knew better than you.

I wish to explain it further

Whenever  christians  go into ectasy they say "Alleluya Allelulaya" just as we muslims might exclaim the Takbir "Allahu Akbar ! Allahu Akbar!"

What is Alleluya then?

Take your Book of Testament , chapter 19 wherein we are informed that John the disciple of jesus saw a vision in which he heard the angels  in heavens singing Alleluya, Alleluya"

What is Alleluya then?

Is it Hip hip hooray !" Are the angels singing - hip hip hooray to God?

Every time when God creates a galaxy, do the angels say "hip hip hooray'? How absurd

Whats Alleluya then?

The last syllable "YA" is a vocative and an exclamatory particle in both Arabic and Hebrew meaning "OH!" In other words YA = OH {the vocative} and YA - {!} - EXCLAMATORY MARK

The semite both Arab and jew , begins with the exclamatory particle or exclamation mark. The westerners in his language ends with exclamations like Stop! Go! etc

Now let 's repeat this word of praise {Tasbih} as an Arab or a jew :

ALLE - LU - YA with be  YA-ALLE-LU beacause as explained above  YA is always at the begining in both Arabic and Hebrew

YA ALLELU would be YA-ALLAHU   Meaning " OH ALLAH" {You are the only being who deserves worship and praise} OH ALLAH !" {You are the only Being who deserves worship and Praise}

Hope u got it now. So whenever who say 'Alleluya" remember you are saying  Oh Allah.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 6:06pm

Both of you slipped away this question of mine. I repeat it.

Do u agree that there were 100s of prophecies  regarding the coming of jesus in old testaments

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 21>
  Share Topic