IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Simple Way to Experience Christ  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Simple Way to Experience Christ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 6:12pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Jocko you are making progress. At least you seem to acknowledge we are worshipping the same God.

Brother Israfil,

I would like you to qualify that just in case Jocko may think that we are worshipping his triune God.  Could you please re-write the following, if you deem my suggestion correct? 

"At least you seem to acknowledge we are worshipping the same God, whom Jesus worshipped."  

Salaams

BMZ

Edited by BMZ
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 5:10pm

Jocko writes,

"If you don't believe me try calling out to those names and see what will happen. Then open your heart and call "O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus Christ".   I dare say by way of comparison you will know in your heart that there is something DIFFERENT about the name Jesus Christ."

Hi, pardon me to say that it is your ignorant to think that we call upon names of any of God's prophets. We only call upon God for anything and everything. 

We call upon the same God, to whom, Moses, David, Jesus and Mohammed (pbut) called upon and prayed to and they preached us to do the same.

We have an old saying that translates, "eat less but eat pure" I would sugget you write little but something that be powerful enough to get your point accross. You seem to write pages after pages, like you are talking to yourself. I am sorry if that offends you, but its the truth.

As far as who Jesus (pbuh) was we need not to take your word for it. "The proof is in the pudding". Even in the altered form there are some passages of "the Bible" that show the true nature of Prophet Jesus (pbuh).

Just a couple of examples will be good enough here, as I practice what I preach, "eat less but eat pure".

Luke 12:10 "and anyone who speaks a word against son of man (Jesus) will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the "holy spirit" will not be forgiven.

John 20:17 ".. go instead to my brothers and tell them,  I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God"

So, what I am trying to show you here with this quotes is that Jesus (pbuh) has a God, he called upon him for help all the time, he prayed to Him and returned to Him as we all will one day when our time arrives.

I love all of God prophets, but I don't worship them or call them in hour of need, I call upon God. I believe that's the right way and I invite you to do the same. You can't go wrong calling upon or serving your Creator.

Regrds,

Hasan

Edited by honeto
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 1:59am

Most wonderful post from honeto. I learnt much from the following shown in red color:

Luke 12:10 "and anyone who speaks a word against son of man (Jesus) will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the "holy spirit" will not be forgiven.

John 20:17 ".. go instead to my brothers and tell them,  I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God"

It is this good verse of John 20:17 that I liked. Jesus had a God to whom he prayed. Jesus says that he is returning to his father and their father. It is meaningful. That father is not only the father of Jesus but the father of all others too. That God is the God of Jesus and the God of all others too. So Jesus is almost same as all others.

I had mentioned many times that Jesus had a God to whom he prayed all night in the garden before his arrest, He had a God to whom Jesus called (cried out) while on the cross. (" My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?")

These things are not introduced in the bible by any Muslim. They are the part of the bible NT. Church should take notice of that and should not insist on making a god out of a most humble man (Jesus). Thanks to honeto.

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 5:59pm

Thanks Minuteman,

I had more respect for the book until I have read it. I recommand every Muslim to read and know the Bible, and also expose it to their Children as I do so they are equiped with true knowledge about its contents and nature in present days.

Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 4:02pm

Christ referred to himself as the "Son of Man" to emphasize his humanity. To speak evil words against Jesus as a man working among men, though deplorable, was an evil that could be forgiven. The Son of Man in his earthly ministry was as liable to misunderstanding and ill treatment by others as any new messenger. When the source of evil speaking against Christ is ignorance, misconception, or ill-informed prejudice, then that blasphemy is as pardonable as any sin. Men could repent of their careless neglect of his work or their mistaken opposition to it, and when they did repent, they were forgiven.

The person who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, how ever, places himself beyond the reach of forgiveness. This is true because the Holy Spirit is the agent in the revelation of divine truth. It is only through the work of the Spirit that we come to know of God, our sins, the atonement provided through Christ, and our need for repentance and obedience. Blasphemy against the Spirit is unforgivable because its source is a heart of malice, selfish preference of wrong over right and evil over good, and a willful refusal to believe

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2008 at 6:03pm

Dear believer,

that is a good explaination from your perspective, but in all honety the verse is so clear that even I, who is not a scholar understand it without reading it twice. I understand that because admitting what it clearly says will be contradicting the doctrine what you profess and believe. Otherwise this is one of several examples I have put forward that clearly show the oppossing nature of Jesus then what is being proffesed from the the same book as Christian belief.

I showed you quotes, that clearly show that Jesus had a God to whom he worshipped, to whom He called upon, he admitted that God is greater than him, and that he returned to his (your and mine) God.

Despite your effort those quotes are more clear and short!

I must repeat this one:

Hasan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 192021
  Share Topic