IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wife supports husband  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wife supports husband

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wife supports husband
    Posted: 05 October 2007 at 5:53pm

Salaam Alaykum brothers. I hope you do not mind this intrusion on your part of the forum. But I would like the opinions of Muslim men on an issue. I am Muslima,married to a much younger Muslim man for over 4 years now. I am 12 years older. Since we married I have been supporting both of us on my income alone. He pay's no bills for the house,for food,nothing. I believe our love is true, I just wonder why,as a Muslim man is instructed,why he does not contribute anything finanically to our house. I pay for everything. When the issue of money comes up,he gets sullen and angry and threatens to leave me. To divorce me. I pay no attention to those threats anymore,because he never leaves and never haas divorced me yet. I am a good wife. I take care of his every need. Am I too good? I mean, am I too patient with him? Shukron Jeezen for your thoughtful reply's.

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 10:58pm
Are you too patient with him is a question only you can answer.  When and if your patience runs out, as I'm sure you already know, it is your right to demand and expect that he spends on your needs. If he hasn't the ability or refuses it is grounds for ending the marriage.  Does he have marketable skills?  Is he employable, meaning well groomed and presentable?  Does he have a resume and know how to conduct himself in a job interview?  What does he do when you are at work?  Any kids in your relationship?
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 6:36am

Hi Sophie,

I think he has a good deal going for him, that is what I think personally.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2008 at 7:47pm

Hello Sophie,

How can I put this lightly.  You married what I like to refer to as a "loser".  By you putting up with his laziness, that makes you a loser yourself.

If you had the slightest bit of self-esteem you would have left him long ago or wouldn't have been with him in the first place.  But finding a woman with self-esteem is like finding a needle in a haystack so I don't blame you. 

Kashimoto View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashimoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 11:57am

does he have imigration thing that he can't get a job? maybe?

Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 7:20pm
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Sophie, you and I are going through the same thing. My husband let me support him and have the children and work 12 hour shifts while he laid on my couch. His mama told him he should not have to help around the house. 3 years into this I threatened divorce if he did not get a job, he looked for 2 days and then no more, I went to a lawyer. My father stepped in and got him a job with a friend. He then worked 2 days a week and went to school and paid for only his credit card bill and his car payment. When he did not make a good enough grad to get into the program he needed, I asked him to start helping support this family. His reply was that he was only going to work the 2 days a week and pay for just his bills, that I could afford to support him.

My advise to you is to find out if you are just a free ride from his ever having to be a man or he really respects you. I am in the middle of divorcing my husband now. He is born and raised in the Middle East and he thinks I should support him. The law had to step in and MAKE him pay for his children.

Good Luck to you and I am here if you need to talk. I have been through all of what you are going through now.

Lameese
You Shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another and let it be a moving sea between the the shores of your soul
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 11:12pm
"My husband let me support him and have the children and work 12 hour shifts while he laid on my couch. His mama told him he should not have to help around the house."

A man likes this does not deserve a good woman......As a man, if i did that I hope (if I didn't learn then) be ashamed of myself for allowing my life partner to do all the work.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2008 at 9:06am
Saalams Sophie,

How is it going??

hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic