IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus Christ’s Human Nature  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus Christ’s Human Nature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 4:37am

These posts are worth reading. I have read about 40 or 50% of them only. But intend to read all. The first and part of second post made sense to me. Let us see and learn from buddyman. His presentation (aguments and language) has been good.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2007 at 1:24am

Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

These posts are worth reading. I have read about 40 or 50% of them only. But intend to read all. The first and part of second post made sense to me. Let us see and learn from buddyman. His presentation (aguments and language) has been good.

I enjoyed reading those posts too, minuteman. But the point is: Did Jesus say one word or talk about his divinity and his human nature?

I don't find him discussing topics on his humanity, reported divine nature, trinity, hypostatic union, incarnation, etc.

I don't even find him saying openly and declaring publicly, "I am the Messiah."

Salaams

BMZ

Edited by BMZ
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2007 at 8:42am

Quote: Buddyman

Augustine was responsible more than any other for propagating this view of transmitted guilt.

In fact, unless I am very much mistaken (and no doubt someone will let me know very quickly if I am!), the Doctrine of Original Sin originated with Augustine, who, having formerly been a Manichee was very determined to erase this part of his life. It is just one of those things that we have been indoctrinated with...one of the many, I am sorry to say (like the Pope's "infallability"). Certainly Jesus said nothing about it, and neither did his disciples, or Paul for that matter.

I agree with the above members; there is a lot of very interesting material in Buddyman's comments.  He is articulate and clearly an experienced writer - note the indentation format. I just wish he would give it to us a little bit at a time...?

Cassie

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2007 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Cassandra Cassandra wrote:

Quote: Buddyman

Augustine was responsible more than any other for propagating this view of transmitted guilt.

In fact, unless I am very much mistaken (and no doubt someone will let me know very quickly if I am!), the Doctrine of Original Sin originated with Augustine, who, having formerly been a Manichee was very determined to erase this part of his life. It is just one of those things that we have been indoctrinated with...one of the many, I am sorry to say (like the Pope's "infallability"). Certainly Jesus said nothing about it, and neither did his disciples, or Paul for that matter.

I agree with the above members; there is a lot of very interesting material in Buddyman's comments.  He is articulate and clearly an experienced writer - note the indentation format. I just wish he would give it to us a little bit at a time...?

Cassie

I think Augustine was indoctinated speedily, made to "understand and get convinced", what the finite minds had concluded about the Infinite and the following was also read out to Augustine:

Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ

Romans 5:12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.

BMZ

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 10:40am

buddyman,

Please read the guidelines and rules of this section to follow. Please also understand that interfaith section is the place where you engage in dialogue. You simply don't go on posting copy and paste material one after the other.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 10:54am

OUUUUCCCHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Brother Peacemaker laid the smack down!

Is it possible Buddyman is plagerising?

Copy and paste??????

HMMMMMM

yeah a good writer my tooty....

I thought the mention of Augustine was too good to be true.

Edited by Israfil
buddyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

buddyman,

Please read the guidelines and rules of this section to follow. Please also understand that interfaith section is the place where you engage in dialogue. You simply don't go on posting copy and paste material one after the other.

I am aware. I like to post to not only inform but so we may all have a dialogue This gets people going..lol!

buddyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

OUUUUCCCHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Brother Peacemaker laid the smack down!

Is it possible Buddyman is plagerising?

Copy and paste??????

HMMMMMM

yeah a good writer my tooty....

I thought the mention of Augustine was too good to be true.

I'll take that as a compliment Play nice mister..lol!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic