IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I have decided to leave  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I have decided to leave

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have decided to leave
    Posted: 30 September 2007 at 4:11am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

After a very restless night I have decided to leave Islamicity.

Many times, I tried to instil a sense of unity amongst us but unfortunately I failed. We are so divided it is unreal. Each group calling the others names, it is a circus out there. Just as the brothers here criticise and don�t even regard the Wahabi scholars as scholars they (the Wahabi) also don�t regard you as scholars either. Muslim and Sunni are names of the past � the two mainstream groups are Alhul Salafi and Alhul Bid'ah. The egroup that I referred to only rejected the Fatawas I posted from Islamweb, Islam Online, Sunnipath and others. The articles the moderator sent me were sent privately not posted on the boards. Here on IC you don�t only reject their (the Wahabi) Fatawa but you join the non-Muslims in criticising not only the Fatawa but by extension the Ayah from the Glorious Qur'an and Hadith. If we don�t agree with a scholar, present your view quoting from the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah. That is the only logical way, not criticising and denying the authentic of an authentic Hadith or any Ayah. If the so-called scholar is using the Ayah and Hadith in an incorrect manner to support his own whims and fancies � show him as a fraud by presenting your case supported from the Shariah not opinions and views based on your whims and fancies. You are no better than the person whom you are criticising when you do that.

Unity is something we will never achieve with this type of attitude. Islam is Islam, we don�t make excuses or apologise for aspects of Islam to please the non-Muslims. If the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) and his noble companions did that, they would not have suffered any hardship. They suffered prosecution for 13 long years.

I know I will not find a forum which accepts the views of Ahlul-Sunni (teachings based on the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah) in the true sense of the word Insha Allah I can always start a Blog on a site that is Islamically based.

I tried to delete my membership but couldn�t find where to do so in the Setting.

With a very heavy heart and much sadness I appeal to one of the Moderators to delete my membership.

If any member wishes to keep in contact with me you can do so: lovesakeenah has my email address, you can get it from her.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala during this Gracious Month forgive us for our shortcoming, guide us to Righteous and Unite His Ummah. Ya Allah! Unite us, Unite Us, Unite Us Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 10:06am
"sigh"
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 1:21am
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 10:23am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sister Alwardah, please reconsider your decision. See, fundamentally speaking, we have much more common points than the differences we may have. And even those differences should never become an obstacle to reach our common goals. Let us just agree to disagree at some points and move on.

We discuss miscellaneous topics here in various sections while following the rules. And I see that you have been very prompt in complying with guidelines. Therefore, a member of your caliber should not attempt to leave this place forever.

Ramadan Mubarak and may Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 1:55pm

Alwardah,

People are imperfect and have varying opinions.  That does not make them bad people.  And just because someone disagrees with an interpretation does not mean they find the whole thing false. 

Don't think I am bashing on the Quran and the Sunnah.  I disagree with men's (meaning mortal mankind) interpretations of God's perfect light. 

We are all imperfect and subject to being wrong.  As humans, we have been blessed by the Creator to have a rational mind and freewill.  We have been blessed to think for ourselves and to view and interpret things on our own. 

Don't think because you have a different view point that its unwelcomed.  People need to share and express.  I see many of my sisters around the world being hurt.  It makes me sad and angry, perhaps I get a little too ferocious in my defense of their humanity and their freedoms and the injustices done to them in the name of religion.  I do not point to one faith, all are to blame.  Certainly my own church has dark histories in regards to women and race.  So, if I get riled up over issues that prevent women from getting the help they need, forgive me.

I may not agree with you Alwardah, but please don't go because of that.  The world is not black and white. 

Sometimes, its just best to say "You have your way and I have mine...Peace"

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 7:55pm

As'Salamu Alaikum,

The day i read Sis Alwardah's thread, i was in shock that why those members , close to me leave me so quickly. Secondly, i felt her reason to leave was invalid.

But today, after reading her detailed mail, i do affirm her decision. Just that "Saudi thread" was not the reason for her to take such tough decision. Anyways, insha-Allah we shall see her soon. I shall try my best, not to loose such member.

I thank all the members for your responses.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2007 at 8:05am

Sister Alwardah,

Please know that you give so much to the board even your not being satisfied from the board but please consider that Allah loves the ones who gives even they suffer....

Please re-think on the issue...

and stay all in Peace....

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2007 at 4:06am

Sister, we live in a world of many disagreements. And, all of us are limited to express ourselves only in ways we know.

So, will you also quit the world simply because people are unable to agree with you or express themselves in your prefered format?

Or, will you train them just by your solid noble example?

Edited by Whisper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic