IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How would you justify this...?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How would you justify this...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anatolian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How would you justify this...?
    Posted: 30 September 2007 at 1:27am
Aiysha?

No need to clarify...
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 10:36am

Originally posted by Anatolian Anatolian wrote:

Aiysha?

No need to clarify...

Please ask your question by stating it clearly.

It is important to read the guidelines:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589& ;PN=1

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7684& ;PN=1

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2007 at 11:29am
Ask a real question, and you will get a real answer.  Case in point:

How would you justify...Mary and Joseph?  No need to clarify...

Oops!  I forgot to ask a real question! 

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 1:24am

Originally posted by Anatolian Anatolian wrote:

Aiysha?

No need to clarify...

what do you mean no need to clarify ???

what about Aishya?

As far as i know is a name for a girl, i asume there are lots of girls with the name Aishya

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 4:49am
Yes and it is a pretty name
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Anatolian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anatolian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 11:33pm
In the Hadith Muhammed proclaims that he was given the right, by Allah, to
marry his adopted son's wife Aiysha. In what way does that help Islam and
why would Allah, or whoever was sending Muhammed messages, find that
truly important that an aya should proclaim such. I mean where is the sense
of it to better the faith to the masses by such a declaration by the prophet?
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 4:26am

I don't think Ayisha was married to anyone else before she married the Prophet (PBUH). What Hadith are you looking at??

Yes the Prophet married widowed and divorced women. This is a good thing as these women in many societies were seen as not "worthy" to be married. So I think it is a good example that men should marry women and provide for them.  No matter age, etc.

In some places all over the world, divorce is not a recognized option, even in cases of abuse. Of course divorce should be a last resort but it still should be an option provided.  

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 8:34am
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

You ask this question becouse you have simply accepted the role of a child as has been dictated to you by the society you live in. You should know that prior to modern schooling system the age of maturity was much younger than it is today, now due to this system and being locked up untill the age of 18 young adults can not mature properly untill after they leave school.

You may think it is normal becouse you know nothing else but until extremely recently in our history women where considered spinsters at the age of 22, you should clearly think about this and its implications on a wider level and what it says about our modern society.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic