IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Religious
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hadith of the day  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hadith of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 82>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2007 at 7:04am

As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh

"Ibn Umar (R.A) related that the Messenger of Allah(p.b.u.h) said:"O Muhajirun beware of five traits:

If ever immorality spreads and there is no sense of shame on its occurrence on mentioning it and people talk about it as if nothing bad has taken place,diseases which were not present in the times of their forefathers and earlier generations will spread among them.

If they decrease the measure and weight of solid grains or food,they will be overcome by poverty,their provisions will decrease and their ruler will be unjust.

If they refrain from paying the Zakaah due on their properties,they will be deprived of rain,unless they get it only for the sake of their cattle.

If they renounce their commitment to Allah and His Messenger,they will be governed by an enemy who is a stranger to them and who will take away some of what they possess.

If their rulers do not rule according to Allah's Book,they will be afflicted by civil war.

Allah forbid that this should happen to you"

Ibn Majah

Edited by lovesakeenah - 17 August 2008 at 8:31am
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2007 at 5:45pm

Sahih Bukhari
Book - 2, Hadith - 28

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful."

It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?)

He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you." 

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2007 at 4:39am

As Salamu Alaikum

�Whosoever refrains from asking, Allah will grant him independence, and whosoever seeks self-sufficiency, Allah will make him self-sufficient; and whosoever would be patient Allah will give him patience and no one is granted a gift better and more comprehensive than patience.� (Al-Bukhari)

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2007 at 6:30pm

Sahih Bukhari - Book "12 Hadith - 762

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "When the Imam says, "Sami' a-l-lahu Liman hamida," you should say, "Allahumma Rabbana laka-l-hamd." And if the saying of any one of you coincides with that of the angels, all his past sins will be forgiven."  

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 5:51am

Sahih Bukhari , Book : 3 Hadith : 73

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud:

The Prophet said, "Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases.

(The first is) A person, whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously;

(the second is) the one whom Allah has given wisdom (the Holy Qur'an) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others."

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2007 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Sahih Bukhari , Book : 3 Hadith : 73

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud:

The Prophet said, "Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases.

(The first is) A person, whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously;

(the second is) the one whom Allah has given wisdom (the Holy Qur'an) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others."

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

First, jazakum Allahu khairan for sharing this hadith and insha'Allah, having good niyyah.

Second, I must correct the translation.

You posted "
The Prophet said, "Do not wish to be like anyone except in two cases."

A more correct translation is
"The Prophet said, "Do not BE JEALOUS of anyone except in two cases."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 3:31am

Wa Alaikum As'salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

JazakAllahu Khairan katheer brother, even the word envy may be  applied.

Edited by seekshidayath
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 6:56pm

Narrated Safiya bint Huyay: While Allah's Apostle was in Itikaf, I called on him at night and having had a talk with him, I got up to depart. He got up also to accompany me to my dwelling place, which was then in the house of Usama bin Zaid.

Two Ansari men passed by, and when they saw the Prophet they hastened away.

The Prophet said (to them). "Don't hurry! It is Safiya, the daughter of Huyay (i.e. my wife)."

They said, "Glorified be Allah! O Allah's Apostle! (How dare we suspect you?)"

He said, "Satan circulates in the human mind as blood circulates in it, and I was afraid that Satan might throw an evil thought (or something) into your hearts." 

Sahih Bukhari -Book -54, Hadith -501

Its good to clear away misconceptions.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 82>
  Share Topic