IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Religious
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hadith of the day  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hadith of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 82>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2007 at 11:03pm

Sahih Bukhari - Book = 23 ; Hadith - 444

Narrated 'Ali:

" We were accompanying a funeral procession in Baqi-I-Gharqad. The Prophet came to us and sat and we sat around him. He had a small stick in his hand then he bent his head and started scraping the ground with it.

He then said, "There is none among you, and not a created soul, but has place either in Paradise or in Hell assigned for him and it is also determined for him whether he will be among the blessed or wretched."

A man said, "O Allah's Apostle! Should we not depend on what has been written for us and leave the deeds as whoever amongst us is blessed will do the deeds of a blessed person and whoever amongst us will be wretched, will do the deeds of a wretched person?"

The Prophet said, "The good deeds are made easy for the blessed, and bad deeds are made easy for the wretched."

Then he recited the Verses:-- "As for him who gives (in charity) and is Allah-fearing And believes in the Best reward from Allah. " (92.5-6)  (Book #23, Hadith #444)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2007 at 6:27am

Sahih Bukhari, Book 36: Volume 3,Number 470:

Narrated Abu Huraira (r.a.) The Prophet (peace be upon him )said, "Allah said, `I will be an opponent to three types of people on the Day of Resurrection:

1. One who makes a covenant in My Name, but proves treacherous;

2. One who sells a free person and eats his price; and

3. One who employs a laborer and takes full work from him but does not pay him for his labour.` "

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 6:12pm

At-Tirmidhi recorded that Ibn `Abbas said that he heard the Messenger of Allah saying
Two eyes shall not be touched by the Fire: an eye that cried for fear from Allah and an eye that spent the night guarding in Allah's cause.

lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2007 at 1:39am

A BEDOUIN SEEKS ANSWERS
-----------------------------
Sayyadina Anes Ibn Malik RA reports that a Bedouin came to the Messenger of Allah and greeted him in the masjid. The Messenger of Allah asked him where he came from. The Bedouin said: "I came from far seeking answers to some Questions". Our Master told him to ask his questions":

1. I wish to be an intelligent man, what should I do? Holy Prophet Replied, "Fear Allah".
2. I wish to be a loyal servant to Allah and do what He wants me to do? Holy Prophet Replied, "Read the Quran."
3. I wish to be enlightened and have peace of heart? Holy Prophet Replied, "Remember Death".
4. I wish for prosperity? Holy Prophet Replied, "Be in a state of ablution at all times".
5. What should I do to protect myself from the tortures of the grave? Holy Prophet Replied, "Recite the Surah Mulk".
6. What should one do to be rich? Holy Prophet Replied, "Read the Surah Muzammil".
7. How should I calm my fear of the day of last judgement? Holy Prophet Replied, "Remember Allah SWT before you eat anything and before you sleep".
8. What should I do to feel the presence of Allah when I make my prayers? Holy Prophet Replied, "Give the utmost care in taking your ablutions and in being clean and pure.

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 5:50pm

JazakiAllahu khair sis Sakeenah for your participation.

Bukhari :  Book - 70, Hadith - 545

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that." 

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 12:16am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Ibn `Abbas (Radhi Allahu Anhu) which stated, "While the Messenger of Allah was with Jibil, he heard a noise from above. Jibil lifted his sight to the sky and said, `This is a door that was opened just now in heaven, and it was never opened before.' An angel came down through the door to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and said, `Receive the good news of two lights that you have been given and which no Prophet before you was given: the Opener of the Book (Al-Fatihah) and the last Ayat in Surah Al-Baqarah. You will not read a letter of them, but you will be granted its benefit.'''

This Hadith was collected by Muslim and An-Nasa'i, and this is the wording collected by An-Nasa'i.

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 12:43am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatuallahi wa Barakatuhu

�The heaviest thing to be placed in the balance of a believing slave on the Day of Judgment will be good behavior� (Ahmad and Abu Dawud)

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 5:54pm

Sahih Muslim Book - 022, Hadith - 4877

Abu Tufail reported: We said to 'Ali b. Abi Talib: Inform us about something which Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) told you in secret, whereupon he said:

He told me nothing in secret which he bid from people, but I heard him say:

Allah cursed him who sacrificed for anyone besides Allah;

and cursed him who accommodated an innovator;

and Allah cursed him who cursed his parents

and Allah cursed him who changed the boundary lines (of the land possessed by him)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 82>
  Share Topic